Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Lost Her Mind
3,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Updated side note. It's 2am and I'm wide awake. So... Yup. Probably going to be tired tomorrow. I was tired all day, couldn't wait to go to bed and now I'm not a bit sleepy.

·
Kye & Coops Mom
4,466 Posts
Good luck and will keep my fingers crossed. Know you will do fantastically. That is a wonderful field you are entering. My family is blessed in that most are in the medical field. We have 5 nurses and 1 RNA, so lots of help to other family members when the need arises. Now we just need a Vet in the immediate family!!

·
Registered
21,245 Posts
Good luck today--I think you will do just fine! Just remember this is what you want to do and you will do just fine! Deep relaxing and calming breaths will help too!

·
Registered
21,245 Posts
Good luck and will keep my fingers crossed. Know you will do fantastically. That is a wonderful field you are entering. My family is blessed in that most are in the medical field. We have 5 nurses and 1 RNA, so lots of help to other family members when the need arises. Now we just need a Vet in the immediate family!!
I know--a vet in the family would be nice! My nephew is in medical school at A&M and his wife is taking a break from her doctorate program in materials engineering because A&M doesn't have the right courses. She is one of those brilliant types and I was hoping she'd enroll in the TAMU vet school during her break.:crossfing

·
Kye & Coops Mom
4,466 Posts
Push her in that direction Dallas Gold!!! Hard!
My cousin is a Vet in California, but unfortunately he as retired! Was great while it lasted but goodness we need a Vet in our bunch in Texas! We have 1 neice left who is really thinking on this though she is still in high school. Keeping my fingers crossed.
A & M has been the alma mater (sp?) of many in our family! Fantastic school and great Vet dept. My sisters use the Ag dept for their horses. We are blessed to have such a school in our state for sure.

Reactions: Dallas Gold

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Msjen

MSJEN

I will be praying for you-I know you will do fine!

·
Misty & Holly's Mom :)
8,164 Posts
Good Luck!! :)

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Good luck! I'm stupid: what's a CNA?

btw, I never sleep well before a big thing either! :(
I believe it's a certified nurse's assistant.

You'll do great. Just remember everyone has to start somewhere and no one knew what to expect their first day. Have a great day and I'll be sending positive vibes today. :wave:

·
Registered
7,753 Posts
Sending you good thoughts and strength.

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
Thanks guys! Felt that luck, today went very well! I absolutely love all of my residents!

Yup, CNA is certified nursing assistant. :)
If you don't mind me asking...where did you go to school to become a CNA?

I'm thinking that if I don't get into PA school this year that my best shot for the next year is medical experience as a CNA.

·
Official Trout Bum
4,216 Posts
Thanks guys! Felt that luck, today went very well! I absolutely love all of my residents!

Yup, CNA is certified nursing assistant. :)
Congratulations!!!!

Sleep tight tonight. :)

·
Lost Her Mind
3,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
If you don't mind me asking...where did you go to school to become a CNA?

I'm thinking that if I don't get into PA school this year that my best shot for the next year is medical experience as a CNA.
It's great experience! We have this technology center in our county, high schoolers usually go to it (I went for graphics in high school! LOL) but they have this thing called "Life Long Learning" and that's where I took the classes.

It was like six weeks of classroom and lab time, and now six weeks of clinical work. It was a bit pricey, almost $900, but they said most employers will reimburse us!

Good luck! Just look around for tech schools, or in the newspaper! :D

Congratulations!!!!

Sleep tight tonight. :)
Hehe, thank you! I'm so excited for bed, I'm going to sleep like a log!

·
Kye & Coops Mom
4,466 Posts
Congratulations Jennifer! My best friend is just starting her CNA and again think this is such a great job to have. I have also been told your new employer will probably reimburse you for the course. Yea and again congratulations! Well-done!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts