Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
7,753 Posts
This boy reminds me of my dog. I hope he finds a wonderful home soon.

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
He is gorgeous. Are you looking at getting a second dog? He looks like he would be a fun one.

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
Hi is absolutely gorgeous! Are you sure you wouldn't like to add a second Golden to your family? You can never have just one!

·
Owned by Buddy and Lady
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have two now and wife and doggie day care (mother-in-law) said no. Not until we have bigger place.

·
and Miss Riley and Jake
686 Posts
He's a good looking boy!

·
Registered
253 Posts
What a coincidence. I'm moving into a bigger house on March 12th and want to eventually extend my golden family. After looking at Illinois golden rescue websites, I figured I'd browse this part of the forum to look for the perfect match. This boy is located about 4 hours where I currently live and I think he'd get along great with my 3 year old. I will call to find out more about him, but I may not be able to take him for at least a month. I bet you someone else will have snatched him up by then.

·
Owned by Buddy and Lady
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What a coincidence. I'm moving into a bigger house on March 12th and want to eventually extend my golden family. After looking at Illinois golden rescue websites, I figured I'd browse this part of the forum to look for the perfect match. This boy is located about 4 hours where I currently live and I think he'd get along great with my 3 year old. I will call to find out more about him, but I may not be able to take him for at least a month. I bet you someone else will have snatched him up by then.
Sandy is very picky. She doesn't adopt dogs to people, she adopts people to dogs. If she thinks this is a good fit she would work with you I am sure. I would be willing to help transport down the road if you need it.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Thanks so much, unclear. I'm hoping it'd be a great match. If you don't mind, could you please tell me the process you went through to adopt Lady from Sandy? All my rescues have been through shelters and pounds, and I'm not sure how this organization works. I'm assuming I fill out the application, and if she's interested, she'll come do a home visit.

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
I am in Bloomington, IL and can help with transport too.

·
Owned by Buddy and Lady
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks so much, unclear. I'm hoping it'd be a great match. If you don't mind, could you please tell me the process you went through to adopt Lady from Sandy? All my rescues have been through shelters and pounds, and I'm not sure how this organization works. I'm assuming I fill out the application, and if she's interested, she'll come do a home visit.
When I got Lady, I sent in an adoption form, and actually was second in line. The first person apparently kept making excuses why they couldn't come and see her so Sandy called and ask if I wanted to come and see her. I was scheduled to be in Springfield the next day on business and said no problem. Snow storm, conference canceled, I drove to Springfield anyway. Met Lady who apparently liked me, and Buddy my male golden, and jumped in my car. I guess Sandy felt that Lady was OK with me and we completed the paper work.

She did ask about my home but didn't do a home visit.

Keep me posted.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Thank you for offering to transport, unclear and Bogey's Mom. If Sandy is interested in meeting me, I'm not sure I'd be able to bring my boy Rocky along for the ride, as he is severely anxious in the car and panics the entire ride. I don't think it would be fair to bring him on an eight hour road trip. I will e-mail Sandy and see if we can work something out.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I filled out the application and the next day she called my references and told one of them "Nicole may have another dog soon" or something along those lines. She said there were a lot of inquiries, so I'm not going to get my hopes up. I would love to take a day off work next week and drive down to meet this boy!

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Glad to hear

glad to hear good people are wanting to adopt this boy.

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Congratulations!!!!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts