Can we have a sub-forum created for the Morris Animal Foundation Lifetime Golden Retriever Study, please? I can think of a few reasons this might be a good thing:
1. There are already multiple threads about this on various places around this site, and having one place to contain them all would be helpful.
2. We have a number of members whose dogs are participating in this study (including me), and we would like a place to discuss questions, issues, participation, etc.
3. The study will take 10-14 years, and the people participating would benefit from a specific forum where they can discuss events and information over the long term, ask questions and get help from other members, and have that information available in one place throughout the life of the study.
4. A sub-forum would draw constant attention to the study, which might result in more people signing their dogs up for it. And that would be a Very Good Thing for the breed we love so much.
5. It might help this forum become a player in the study, both as a source of information and a source of dogs in the study. They still need 2,500 more dogs. We have 23,811 members. You do the math!
6. There are so many heartbreaking stories, threads, and sub-forums devoted to cancer and other health issues with our beloved Goldens. It would be nice to have a forum where we are actually trying to do something about that, rather than sitting back and lamenting our dead and dying dogs.
7. This study is IMPORTANT to our breed, to us, to our dogs, and to the future. As a major group of fanciers, don't we want to have a part in that?
8. Oh, I'm sure you can think of a dozen or so other reasons why a dedicated sub-forum would be a good thing.