Which picture would you choose? - Page 2 - Golden Retrievers : Golden Retriever Dog Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-08-2015, 05:38 AM
Advanced Member
 
NewfieMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Connecticut, USA
Posts: 2,095
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Thanks: 5,710
Thanked 2,874 Times in 1,475 Posts
The bottom right gets my vote, too. Hearty congratulations!

NewfieMom
NewfieMom is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to NewfieMom For This Useful Post:
Claudia M (05-08-2015)
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-08-2015, 07:10 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Claudia M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 4,921
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Thanks: 6,162
Thanked 4,221 Times in 2,431 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug View Post
I like number "3". It oozes abundance.
Congratulations gorgeous girl!!
Thank you all for the responses. Number 4 (bottom right) is my fav as well followed by the first one.
Reason I quoted Doug is because flat coat breeders/owners have preferred the 3rd one as well.


Rose Bud - Golden Retriever (June 2012)
Darcy Bud - Flat Coated Retriever (June 2009)
Belle Bud - Golden Retriever (December 2014)
Claudia M is offline  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Claudia M For This Useful Post:
Bentman2 (05-08-2015), Eowyn (05-09-2015), NewfieMom (05-08-2015)
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-09-2015, 03:13 PM
Super Moderator Leader

 
CAROLINA MOM's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: NC Coast
Posts: 43,684
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 872 Post(s)
Thanks: 51,927
Thanked 42,457 Times in 21,899 Posts
They're all great pictures but I like #4 the best also.

Congratulations to you and your girl, she's really beautiful.
CAROLINA MOM is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to CAROLINA MOM For This Useful Post:
Claudia M (05-09-2015)
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-09-2015, 03:24 PM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: US
Posts: 1,713
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Thanks: 3,374
Thanked 2,009 Times in 943 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loukia View Post
If I could pick two, I would pick the top picture and the bottom right picture. If I had to pick just 1, I would pick the bottom right. Like Katie, I like how that picture highlights her face.
Same here, but I really like the third. If I were doing something for myself (like framing a print) I would do the third. But if I were say breeding the dog and wanted pictures to show puppy people I would pick the fourth picture.


Last edited by Eowyn; 05-09-2015 at 03:29 PM.
Eowyn is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Eowyn For This Useful Post:
Claudia M (05-09-2015)
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-09-2015, 03:26 PM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: US
Posts: 1,713
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Thanks: 3,374
Thanked 2,009 Times in 943 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claudia M View Post
Thank you all for the responses. Number 4 (bottom right) is my fav as well followed by the first one.
Reason I quoted Doug is because flat coat breeders/owners have preferred the 3rd one as well.
Redundant post.

Eowyn is offline  
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-09-2015, 03:37 PM
Kate
 
Megora's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: MI
Posts: 20,058
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Quoted: 507 Post(s)
Thanks: 9,276
Thanked 15,195 Times in 7,722 Posts



^ This one. Shows her expression best.

Megora is online now  
The Following User Says Thank You to Megora For This Useful Post:
Claudia M (05-09-2015)
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-09-2015, 08:43 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Claudia M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 4,921
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Thanks: 6,162
Thanked 4,221 Times in 2,431 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eowyn View Post
Same here, but I really like the third. If I were doing something for myself (like framing a print) I would do the third. But if I were say breeding the dog and wanted pictures to show puppy people I would pick the fourth picture.
I took the pics for a little article. I am humbled that she is considered for that and even more humbled by Darcy making such a great improvement in such a short time. Darcy will not be bred. Her next cycle is after she turns 6 years of age. I was humbled that the boy's owner who is working to complete the MH would have considered Darcy for puppies. I wanted her to have at least one title. For a flat coat is too late in life to have puppies at that age. We will continue her CH and working towards the SH. I have loved her from the moment I saw her picture on FB when the breeder took her back. And my love for her has only grown since then. She is my Tinker Bell!


Rose Bud - Golden Retriever (June 2012)
Darcy Bud - Flat Coated Retriever (June 2009)
Belle Bud - Golden Retriever (December 2014)
Claudia M is offline  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Claudia M For This Useful Post:
ArchersMom (05-09-2015), CAROLINA MOM (05-15-2015), Eowyn (05-09-2015)
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-09-2015, 08:48 PM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: US
Posts: 1,713
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Thanks: 3,374
Thanked 2,009 Times in 943 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claudia M View Post
I took the pics for a little article. I am humbled that she is considered for that and even more humbled by Darcy making such a great improvement in such a short time. Darcy will not be bred. Her next cycle is after she turns 6 years of age. I was humbled that the boy's owner who is working to complete the MH would have considered Darcy for puppies. I wanted her to have at least one title. For a flat coat is too late in life to have puppies at that age. We will continue her CH and working towards the SH. I have loved her from the moment I saw her picture on FB when the breeder took her back. And my love for her has only grown since then. She is my Tinker Bell!
Glad to hear about her being in the article! The breeding part was theoretical (it was the only non personal usage I could think of). Do flatboats not live as long as goldens? I guess I am just surprised they stop breeding the girls by then.

Eowyn is offline  
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-09-2015, 08:51 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Claudia M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 4,921
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Thanks: 6,162
Thanked 4,221 Times in 2,431 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eowyn View Post
Glad to hear about her being in the article! The breeding part was theoretical (it was the only non personal usage I could think of). Do flatcoats not live as long as goldens? I guess I am just surprised they stop breeding the girls by then.
Few flat coats make it in the double digits. Darcy's mom passed last year at 11 after battling cancer for over a year.


Rose Bud - Golden Retriever (June 2012)
Darcy Bud - Flat Coated Retriever (June 2009)
Belle Bud - Golden Retriever (December 2014)
Claudia M is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Claudia M For This Useful Post:
Eowyn (05-10-2015)
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Golden Retrievers : Golden Retriever Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome