Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

Goldens Born in October 2018

16K views 143 replies 11 participants last post by  JulesAK 
#1 ·
This is a thread for members who have a puppy that was born in October 2018.

#6 ·
Maggie had her first vet visit today. She was a hit! She is 6.4 lbs and 9 weeks old today. She is on ProPlan Sport All Life Stages 30/20. I am currently feeding her 3 times a day, a little less than 1/2 cup each time. Does this sound about right? I hear go by the bag but that says 1/2 to 1 cup a day. Seems low from what I have been reading?

Jules

Attachments

#7 ·
Maggie is now 8.2 lbs at 10 weeks. Almost a 2 lb gain in 1 week! The vet said not to be concerned. We have evened out her feeding to about 1/3 cup, 3 times a day. She is such a joy and so smart. She is going to the door to be let out to potty. I am sure she has learned this from the older dogs. She is doing well on sit, down and turn around (circle). Her attention is really good as she is very food motivated. Our older dogs are getting better about being more tolerant of her. She is very mouthy :)
She has this hilarious behavior that when she hears the blow dryer, she comes running in for me to blow her with it while she tries to attack it :)

Jules

Attachments

#9 ·
Lola is adorable! She is only 2 days older than our Maggie. Is she your first golden? Maggie is our first. Today will be full bath day for her. She tolerates mini baths really well so hopefully this will be fun thing for her. Nails are also getting done as she has little razors!!

Jules

#13 · (Edited)
Maggie is 3 months old now and weighs 12.4 lbs. Funny how much variety in sizes and weights they can be at this age. Mom was the smaller side of standard so Maggie may be also. She is such a joy. So smart and such a great personality. Her favorite toy has turned out to be a plastic coat hanger! Will have to take it away when she gets a little bigger and can chew harder. Just love this little girl :)

Jules

Attachments

#18 ·
Stuart will be 17 weeks old this Monday. He weight in at 33 Pounds at week 16 at the Vet. Stuart now has all his shots and ready to start puppy training in two week.

We got his nails trim today as an introduction to the Groomer, and did lunch on a sidewalk café. Stuart did very good in his new environment listening to commands. He has really grown up, a totally different puppy from last week.

Really looking forward to this spring time when we start camping and canoeing.

Attachments

#23 ·
Franklin - 17 weeks

Franklin is 17 weeks old and visited the vet for his last puppy vaccinations today! He weighed in at 29 pounds (but feels heavier than that... haha). He is silly, sweet, and has me wrapped around his little paw :)

Attachments

#25 ·
Franklin is 17 weeks old and visited the vet for his last puppy vaccinations today! He weighed in at 29 pounds (but feels heavier than that... haha). He is silly, sweet, and has me wrapped around his little paw :)
Franklin is adorable!! His coat is gorgeous! Barkley has a strip of his slightly wavy adult coat down his back and the rest is still puppy fluff that is just sticking like glue. :--heart:

#31 ·
Everyone said "take lots of photos, they go through the puppy phase so quickly" and I thought "sure, I'll do that" LOLOLOLOLOL!!!

It seems that, all of the sudden, we have a miniature golden retriever in the house and not a tiny fuzzy polar bear any more; the differences between 9 weeks and 16 weeks are AMAZING :) (see photos below)

Barkley got his rabies shot today (at 16 weeks, one week after his 3rd round of puppy shots), and is in better spirits tonight than when he got his other shots. In 4-6 weeks, when the spring weather starts, we'll go back in to the vet to get Lyme and rattlesnake vaccinations; I think B will be glad to be done with the shots for a while after that :) He weighed in today (after a week on his "diet" of 1 cup 3x/day) at 36.4 lbs. I'm not worried about his weight (dam was 65lbs, sire was 75lbs: B will be right around his sire's weight); he's got an easily discernible waist, plenty of energy and good poops, so we'll stick at the 3 cups/day for a few more weeks and check again.

Hope everyone's pups are doing well!!

Attachments

#33 ·
Maggie at 4 months weighs about 22 lbs. She is getting so pretty! She has a lot of feathering on her front legs and a bit on her back. She is just the best puppy. Hasn't lost any teeth yet but the mouthing has gotten so much better! She loves her puppy class. Last one is next week so then we will move on to a manners class. She is so easy to take places and loves everyone. Had a bit of a scare the other day. We were in Sportsmans Warehouse with her and one of the employees, a very tall young man with a beard and hat, came over and scooped her up into his arms and held her right in his face to kiss on her. I saw her stiffen slightly but then she was all happy licking his face with tail wagging. Kind of bold of him to just come over and pick her up. I am glad she was okay with it.
Love to all October babies!!

Jules

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.