Goldens Born in October 2018 - Page 9 - Golden Retrievers : Golden Retriever Dog Forums
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #81 of 93 (permalink) Unread 05-01-2019, 10:07 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
The bigger Stuart gets the bigger the sticks he brings home. His tail just fan out in the last two weeks. Stuart meet his first frog, it jump and all four of Stuart's feet left ground trying to get away from it. This weekend we are going camping so he will get to go swimming for the very first time.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_20190429_12_44_41_Pro.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	1.63 MB
ID:	815850  
The Following User Says Thank You to David Pearson For This Useful Post:
CAROLINA MOM (06-10-2019)
post #82 of 93 (permalink) Unread 05-07-2019, 12:26 AM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Maggie assuring me she is not biting on the chair! I can't believe how big these guys are getting. I still pick her up and hold her every day 🙂
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20190506_195624_1557203153425.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	715.4 KB
ID:	816040  
The Following User Says Thank You to JulesAK For This Useful Post:
CAROLINA MOM (05-16-2019)
post #83 of 93 (permalink) Unread 05-09-2019, 12:04 PM

Stuart first camping trip. The Orvis Folding travel crate work out great for him. He slept overnight in a tent that attaches to our Little Mini camper. Stuart got to go swimming for the first time in the late. He really enjoy the new adventure, might have a camper dog now. The national parks here require puppies to be on a 6 foot leash at all times, I did use a 10 foot runner when outside the tent. Poor guy he runs off least at home in our yard.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	WP_20190503_21_23_14_Pro.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	811.7 KB
ID:	816142   Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_20190504_07_19_34_Pro.jpg
Size:	1.12 MB
ID:	816144   Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_20190505_20_24_26_Pro.jpg
Size:	1.08 MB
ID:	816146  
post #84 of 93 (permalink) Unread 05-15-2019, 04:17 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Barkley is racing towards 7 months - yikes! He's up to 55lbs, and not much shorter/lighter than our senior boy. I caught them in a sweet moment with their paws touching while they napped yesterday. Do you like B's green highlights? That's chalk from the kids drawing on the concrete patio in the back yard - let's hope a bath will get it out. If not, it's pretty "spring-like"

How is everyone treating for ticks in their area? We have a collar on B (I got it from Amazon, not Sernesto (sp) but I can look it up). After our hike last week, we did see a couple of ticks crawling on the top of his fur...not sure if the collar was repelling them, or if they hadn't gotten attached yet. Yuck! Daily tick checks are in our immediate future...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_3025.JPG
Views:	6
Size:	938.2 KB
ID:	816380  
The Following User Says Thank You to MushyB For This Useful Post:
post #85 of 93 (permalink) Unread 05-15-2019, 04:19 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Pearson View Post
Stuart first camping trip. The Orvis Folding travel crate work out great for him. He slept overnight in a tent that attaches to our Little Mini camper. Stuart got to go swimming for the first time in the late. He really enjoy the new adventure, might have a camper dog now. The national parks here require puppies to be on a 6 foot leash at all times, I did use a 10 foot runner when outside the tent. Poor guy he runs off least at home in our yard.
How did the swimming go? We took B hiking to a nice park and B splashed around and tried a little swimming, but he preferred to have his paws touch the bottom and splash like crazy in the water. Did Stuart swim? I'm hoping B will take to swimming, but I think we need to bring our senior boy to show him how to actually swim!
post #86 of 93 (permalink) Unread 05-16-2019, 07:02 PM

I had to convince him to get into the water. He did not like the mud bottom at the first location so we found a sandy bottom. He did swim, I will be taking him into the water more behind my house since I live on a River.

Today Stuart ate his first snake, well just a little bit (10% of it). We were out for our afternoon walk, there was a dead snake that have been run over. It was mostly skin left over. Stuart like a vacuum cleaner suck that right up. I grab hold of him and remove about 90% of the dead snake out of his mouth, not sure if I got it all.

No side effects, stills likes to rough play with me. I am guessing he will have a running poop in the morning. He likes to samples things.
post #87 of 93 (permalink) Unread 05-20-2019, 06:36 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Your kids are gorgeous! I am using Only Natural tick control. You buy a kit with shampoo, spray, collar, and yeast/garlic bites. I also bought the "tick tag" guaranteed to stop all biting insects. It's just a stainless tag which takes 3 weeks to align itself with your dog. So far so good. I also spread a 1 ft. barrier of natural cedar mulch around fence at edge of woods and sprayed all my gardens & lawns with Cedarcide. Something is working because before I did all this he'd come in with at least 1 deer tick daily, but no more now. As my holistic vet says, they all work to some extent so use everything & hope for the best. All that I am using is non-toxic. Good luck!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_3793.jpeg
Views:	4
Size:	1.38 MB
ID:	816484  
post #88 of 93 (permalink) Unread 05-20-2019, 09:09 PM

Stuart is a good Jeep dog. He is able to get in by himself now. This is from the Jeep National Topless day on the Blueridge parkway in NC. For tick and bug control in my yard I have two free range roosters on patrol eating the bugs. One of the roosters follows me and Stuart on our walks. We also encourage Possums to hang around, they love ticks.

I only resort to spraying the yard as a last resorts. I do not use spray during turtle hatching time in September. I have a bunch of turtles that come back each year to lay eggs in my yard. My house is 40 feet off the Saluda River.

I also use Advantix II on Stuart.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	WP_20190518_14_20_44_Pro.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	1.28 MB
ID:	816494  
post #89 of 93 (permalink) Unread 05-21-2019, 11:18 AM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Good morning. All the October pups are getting so big. I can’t believe 7 months have gone by so quickly! Maggie weighed 42 lbs yesterday. I keep having to adjust her food slightly to get that sweet spot. It seems she fluctuates pretty quickly with just small changes.
We went downtown on Sunday when there were 18,000 cruise ship passengers in. She is amazing greeting people and is doing so much better with the jumping. She is still a bit bad with us at home.
Though she isn’t really around small children, she loves them! They are her favorites off the ships. She is so gently and sweet with them and I love seeing their faces light up when they are petting her.
She is my goofy, lovable, sweet little girl and I could not love her any more 

Jules
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Maggie with Rope.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	683.0 KB
ID:	816538  
post #90 of 93 (permalink) Unread 06-10-2019, 03:43 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Hi all, your pups are gorgeous. Rooney was born October 20

Funny enough one of his playmates at the dog park was born on the exact say day, no relation at all, but there's over 10 pounds difference in them! Sometimes I worry he's on the lighter side. He's 58 pounds as of a few days ago, has no trouble eating his food (PPP Large Breed Puppy, with carrots, eggs, and fish as snacks here and there) and stays pretty active. I'm happy with the way he looks, but some people make comments that he looks too "slim" so that makes me question as it's hard not to compare your dog with others sometimes.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	rooney3.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	187.9 KB
ID:	817350   Click image for larger version

Name:	rooney4..jpg
Views:	7
Size:	190.5 KB
ID:	817352  
The Following User Says Thank You to IntheWillows For This Useful Post: