Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

Goldens born in July 2018

948 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  vschroeder52 
#1 ·
This thread is for members who have a pup born in July 2018.

#3 ·
Hi, what a little cutie! Our Bear was born July 18th and has been with us for about 6 weeks now. He’s so sweet, very affectionate and smart. When we first met him he looked like a baby polar bear hence the name. He makes the cutest “purring” sound when scratching under his ears. He gets along beautifully with Lincoln our 10 year old golden. Bear’s our sixth golden in our 30+ years of marriage and we’ve loved every one of them.

Attachments

#4 ·
Good morning all loving Golden Retriever parents!! My boy, Levi, was born July 16, 2018. I posted quite a bit when he was about 7 months of age as he was eating my walls and acting out if I was outside without him. I also have a 3 year old Golden/Lab mix so he hasn't been alone. Anyway, I believe we have finished with eating drywall but now he has two other bad behaviors I'm working on.

First and foremost, he knows he isn't allowed to bite or mouth people. But, when he is very excited he will jump at my neighbor's face and snap. He also did this to her husband and adult son one day when he was at their house while I was away having a medical procedure. They also have a young labrador in their house. When he gets excited around me, he has jumped up to snap at me but gets reprimanded quickly...so, now he will snap at the air just away from my face. Of course, he gets reprimanded again. He truly loves people but just doesn't know how to show affection. When he is excited like this it is best to not touch him at all as that will wind him up quickly. Making him lie down and get calm works the best. Has anyone had this before? If so, do you have a better solution?

Secondly, when he wants attention, whether it be from a human or my other dog, he will use his paws and toes to sink his nails in and try to pull me or her to him. I keep his nails trimmed but they still hurt. His toes seem like claws and they leave red marks. I definitely need help with this one as my reprimands don't work. If he wants to be calm and loving, it is all great and wonderful, but when his claws come out, I have to reprimand and push him away.

Thanks for listening!
Vickie, Levi & Moxie

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.