Goldens born in June 2015 - Golden Retrievers : Golden Retriever Dog Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 580 (permalink) Old 07-20-2015, 08:01 PM Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Newark, DE
Posts: 2,222
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 209 Post(s)
Thanks: 1,017
Thanked 1,798 Times in 969 Posts
Goldens born in June 2015

I've been watching this section for awhile to see if anyone would start the June Goldens section!

My puppy was born June 4. I don't really know which one he is, since the breeder is going to pick for us. We're going to pick him up next monday [July 27], I'm so excited! Seven days left! But here's the litter at 5.5 weeks old:-)

aesthetic is offline  
post #2 of 580 (permalink) Old 07-20-2015, 11:59 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 96
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 77
Thanked 137 Times in 51 Posts
I'm so glad you started this thread! I'll be bringing my little guy home on August 1st and I can't wait

Same as you, we won't find out which one is ours until the breeder makes her decision. I think she's got a good idea of what we're looking for in a dog and, having met and researched the litter, I can say that I will be a very lucky woman to own any one of these pups. Not sure why the picture went crooked when I uploaded it, but even sideways you can see how beautiful these guys are

Will this be your first golden, aesthetic?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5958.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	466.1 KB
ID:	548569  
elway is offline  
post #3 of 580 (permalink) Old 07-27-2015, 08:41 AM Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Newark, DE
Posts: 2,222
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 209 Post(s)
Thanks: 1,017
Thanked 1,798 Times in 969 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by elway View Post
I'm so glad you started this thread! I'll be bringing my little guy home on August 1st and I can't wait

Same as you, we won't find out which one is ours until the breeder makes her decision. I think she's got a good idea of what we're looking for in a dog and, having met and researched the litter, I can say that I will be a very lucky woman to own any one of these pups. Not sure why the picture went crooked when I uploaded it, but even sideways you can see how beautiful these guys are

Will this be your first golden, aesthetic?
That litter will be gorgeous, I'm so excited for you!! Yes, it will be my first golden, how about you?
aesthetic is offline  
post #4 of 580 (permalink) Old 07-27-2015, 09:15 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 96
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 77
Thanked 137 Times in 51 Posts
I've had them before, as well as some other breeds, but it's been a few years since I've had a dog in the house. I cannot wait!

How's yours settling in? This first day must be a big one for him (and you)!
elway is offline  
post #5 of 580 (permalink) Old 07-28-2015, 01:17 PM
Lauren8211
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Posts: 13
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 3
Thanked 16 Times in 5 Posts
Our puppy was born 6/13 and we pick him up this Saturday, 8/1. Haven't met him yet but we are so over the moon excited!!
Lauren8211 is offline  
post #6 of 580 (permalink) Old 07-29-2015, 10:48 AM Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Newark, DE
Posts: 2,222
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 209 Post(s)
Thanks: 1,017
Thanked 1,798 Times in 969 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by elway View Post
I've had them before, as well as some other breeds, but it's been a few years since I've had a dog in the house. I cannot wait!

How's yours settling in? This first day must be a big one for him (and you)!
He's settled in quite nicely. He was the biggest in his litter at 14.95 pounds but he's the most mellow, which is exactly what we were looking for. August 1 is just 3 days away! I'm sure you must be quite excited, when was your puppy born?
aesthetic is offline  
post #7 of 580 (permalink) Old 07-29-2015, 10:52 AM Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Newark, DE
Posts: 2,222
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 209 Post(s)
Thanks: 1,017
Thanked 1,798 Times in 969 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren8211 View Post
Our puppy was born 6/13 and we pick him up this Saturday, 8/1. Haven't met him yet but we are so over the moon excited!!
I'm so excited for you!! Get a lot of sleep, your puppy will wake up at weird times in the morning...Are you getting a boy or a girl?
aesthetic is offline  
post #8 of 580 (permalink) Old 07-29-2015, 10:57 AM
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Illinois
Posts: 15
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 14 Times in 6 Posts
Our golden boy was born June 3 & we brought him home July 22.
Love_my_Max is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Love_my_Max For This Useful Post:
aesthetic (08-07-2015)
post #9 of 580 (permalink) Old 07-29-2015, 11:04 AM Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Newark, DE
Posts: 2,222
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 209 Post(s)
Thanks: 1,017
Thanked 1,798 Times in 969 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Love_my_Max View Post
Our golden boy was born June 3 & we brought him home July 22.
Happy 8-weeks to Max then:-)
aesthetic is offline  
post #10 of 580 (permalink) Old 07-31-2015, 12:08 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 96
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 77
Thanked 137 Times in 51 Posts
Congratulations on your puppies, Lauren8211 and Love_my_Max! It's neat to have a couple of people in this thread who can share experiences of things just a little bit before my guy goes through them, and another one who'll be going through it all at the same exact time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aesthetic View Post
He's settled in quite nicely. He was the biggest in his litter at 14.95 pounds but he's the most mellow, which is exactly what we were looking for. August 1 is just 3 days away! I'm sure you must be quite excited, when was your puppy born?
It's great that you got the mellow dog you were after. Golden pups are so energetic to begin with that I'm sure a laid-back puppy attitude will be a big relief sometimes. We've asked our breeder to place a high-endurance, begging-to-play kinda boy with us, but preferably not a dominant one. No need to stack the deck against myself in terms of training. It'll be interesting to see what we end up with!

My guy was born 6/10, just a few days before Lauren's pup. Every day he spends with his mom and littermates is so important, and I've certainly needed all of this time to prepare for him, but man am I excited to bring him home on Saturday. The dog bowls are out, the chew toys assembled... Now all we need is the dog!
elway is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to elway For This Useful Post:
aesthetic (08-07-2015)
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Golden Retrievers : Golden Retriever Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome