|vrocco1 ||01-03-2009 05:04 PM |
Rules For The New Monthly Golden Retriever Photo Contest
I am pleased to announce that I have decided to continue a very popular feature here on the GRF. In consultation with other members of the forum, I am hoping to launch an entirely new contest. Please note, that this contest will be run outside the official bounds of the GRF, however, Joe has generously elected to allow us to continue to host it right here.
My intention is to return the fun to this contest. In order to make the contest simply for fun, there will be no annual calendar. Your only reward will be the honor of having THE Golden Retriever of the month and having the opportunity to select the next month's theme. I am hoping to bring out the amateur photographer in everyone, so I’ve written some specific requirements into the rules to do just that. Of course since this is a Golden Retriever Forum, your topic should be a Golden Retriever. However, I want everyone to give special consideration to lighting and background scenery. For these reasons, I have decided not to allow trimmed photos.
In addition, there will be no discussion of the rules within contest threads. Remember, this is supposed to be fun! I will start a separate thread entitled “Points of Order” where rules and allegations may be discussed. All allegations of rules violations will be ruled upon by the contest administrator (Moi) or his designee.
Please note that any prizes which are awarded will be sent to a rescue chosen by the winner! Typically, these will be gift certificates. Please read the statement below regarding the availability of prizes.
Here are the rules. Many of them are from the previously canceled official contest, so they should look familiar. I will allow a few days of discussion before we (re)launch the January photo contest.
- There is no limit to how many Golden Retrievers can be in an individual photograph, but a photo shall contain Golden Retrievers and/or Golden Retriever mixes. We ask that there be no other pets or humans in the pictures.
- Please submit full-sized, untrimmed photos as an attachment to your message. This will reduce the work load of the contest administrator, since the forum automatically resizes attachments to 800x600. Untrimmed photos will also encourage consideration of backgrounds and scenery on the part of the photographer. A full size photo will be approximately 1024x768. The forum limits a photo attachment size to 1.43 MB.
- From time to time, the contest administrator may offer prizes provided by corporate sponsors. Since we are relying on the generosity of corporate sponsors, prizes will be offered only on an “as available” basis. Each month where a prize is available, it will be donated to a rescue chosen by the winner. Currently, we have gift certificates from several doggie stores available.
- Even though this is an unofficial contest, by submitting a photo you acknowledge that the photo shall become the property of the Golden Retriever forum. By doing such, you relinquish your rights to prevent the use of the photo, in any way that the forum or contest administrator sees fit. This may include using your photo in printed materials which could be offered for sale, and may benefit the membership and administrator of the Golden Retriever Forum financially. This does not in any way change your rights to use your photo as you see fit, however, we are free to use it in any way we feel might benefit the Golden Retriever Forum, or this contest.
- Your photo may be excluded from the contest for any reason deemed necessary by the contest or forum administrator. This would include photos which are unsuitable for a family audience, or those which contain advertisements.
- Only one photo per user/dog per month. In order to allow for diversity, only one win will be allowed per calendar year per forum member and/or dog.
- Submitting the photos of a dog or dog which you do not own, you did not photograph or you did not have permission of the dog owner to photograph, is not permitted in this contest. Such action could invite a civil suit against the photographer, and the contest administrator (Moi) as well as the Golden Retriever Forum will not be held responsible.
- To emphasize point seven above, only photos of dogs you own, you've personally taken photos of or photos you have a legal ownership of, are acceptable!
- All entries shall be submitted by the due date specified each month.
- Any active Golden Retriever Forum member is eligible to enter. What constitutes an active Golden Retriever Forum member is solely at the discretion of the contest administrator (again Moi) but will generally be anyone with at least twenty-five posts.
- Each Golden Retriever Forum member shall be allowed to enter one image per monthly contest. If more than one is submitted, the first one is the only one that will be entered.
- Once again, all photographs entered shall be the original work of the submitting party.
- There shall be no editing of your photo including resizing. No added text, changing backgrounds, adding borders, etc. Just submit your raw photo.
- Please be sure to turn off your date indicator on your camera.
- Images shall be submitted as JPEGs/JPGs and should be attached to the post, not linked from a GRF photo album, as not everyone can view such photos.
- With your submission, be sure to include your dog’s name.
- Monthly themes - Our themes for the photos in some months may be vague. In other months, we may include specific themes. We have some geniuses thinking some up right now as you are reading this.
- The winner is determined by Golden Retriever Forum members, by voting in a poll each month.
- In the event of a tie, a second poll will be set up for one week to choose a winner between the tying photographs.
- Any photo which was previously picked as a winner in any contest on the Golden Retriever Forum, is not eligible to be entered again.
- Voting must be done via the poll here at goldenretrieverforum.com. It is not possible to vote via the phone app, nor will votes submitted in posts be counted.