I need Pedigree for my Golden Retriver - Golden Retrievers : Golden Retriever Dog Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-27-2009, 12:50 PM Thread Starter
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Exclamation I need Pedigree for my Golden Retriver

Hi there I`m Tommy from Macedonia I`m a new member of this forum and I have a problem.I have a Golden Retriever it was bought from USA but the privous owners didn`t gave me the PEDIGREE.Is there any way that I can get a copy or a new one because I don`t know if they even had a PEDIGREE for the dog.I would realy lake if someone could help me.Thank you in front
tommy is offline  
post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-27-2009, 12:52 PM
Magica Goldens
 
MurphyTeller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Vermont
Posts: 1,363
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 12 Times in 10 Posts
Is it an AKC registered (or registrable) dog? If so you can look them up on the AKC website and then order a pedigree. If not do you know who the breeder was - perhaps they can give you more information?
Erica

Erica and the Magica Boys
MurphyTeller is offline  
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-27-2009, 12:55 PM Thread Starter
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I don`t know if it was regitsterd or not.Can you give me an adress or email where I can check
tommy is offline  
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-27-2009, 02:19 PM
Magica Goldens
 
MurphyTeller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Vermont
Posts: 1,363
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 12 Times in 10 Posts
This link will get you to the points and awards lookup tool - while you want a pedigree not the awards history this will help you find an AKC number based on a dog's registered name - again - only works if your dog is already registered.

http://www.akc.org/store/reports/dog...ort_cde=CMPREC

When a litter is registered all the puppies are assigned numbers - but they aren't individually registered until the paperwork is sent back in with the registered name (etc).

Erica

Erica and the Magica Boys
MurphyTeller is offline  
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-27-2009, 02:34 PM
...
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 16,000
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Images: 29
Thanks: 830
Thanked 2,535 Times in 973 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy View Post
Hi there I`m Tommy from Macedonia I`m a new member of this forum and I have a problem.I have a Golden Retriever it was bought from USA but the privous owners didn`t gave me the PEDIGREE.Is there any way that I can get a copy or a new one because I don`t know if they even had a PEDIGREE for the dog.I would realy lake if someone could help me.Thank you in front

Technically, every dog has a pedigree in that it is their "family tree". Whether it is recorded or not is anoter thing, and generally speaking, it is not done unless the sire and dam were registered. Even then it may not go back very far, and you wold need to do the research yourself, which can be done on k9Data. Trying to find anything on the AKC database would require sire and dam be registered, and you have their registered names/numbers at least. I am getting that you purchased the dog from someone who had purchased the dog either in or from the US. Was your dogs ever referred to by the seller as having been AKC registered? Or buy a registered name? If the dog was in fact sold as registerable, the original purchaser who bought the dog from the breeder, should have registered in in his name as owner. When sold, he should have been transferred and the paperwork done to do so, thereby putting him in the new owner's name. And when sold to you, he would have again been transferred. My guess is that he was never registered, or if he was, the paper trail stopped at the original purchaser.

Hahaha
Pointgold is offline  
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-27-2009, 06:16 PM Thread Starter
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pointgold View Post
Technically, every dog has a pedigree in that it is their "family tree". Whether it is recorded or not is anoter thing, and generally speaking, it is not done unless the sire and dam were registered. Even then it may not go back very far, and you wold need to do the research yourself, which can be done on k9Data. Trying to find anything on the AKC database would require sire and dam be registered, and you have their registered names/numbers at least. I am getting that you purchased the dog from someone who had purchased the dog either in or from the US. Was your dogs ever referred to by the seller as having been AKC registered? Or buy a registered name? If the dog was in fact sold as registerable, the original purchaser who bought the dog from the breeder, should have registered in in his name as owner. When sold, he should have been transferred and the paperwork done to do so, thereby putting him in the new owner's name. And when sold to you, he would have again been transferred. My guess is that he was never registered, or if he was, the paper trail stopped at the original purchaser.



O.K.What is my next step if the dog is not registerd?
tommy is offline  
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-27-2009, 06:24 PM
...
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 16,000
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Images: 29
Thanks: 830
Thanked 2,535 Times in 973 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy View Post
O.K.What is my next step if the dog is not registerd?
The only way that you MIGHT be able to find out anything is to contact the person you bought the dog from, and go backward from there to the breeder. There is absolutely no way of determining the pedigree without the registered names of the sire and dam. OR, if this was a breeding of unregistered dogs, there is the slim (more likely impossible) chance that records were kept.

Hahaha
Pointgold is offline  
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-27-2009, 06:37 PM Thread Starter
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks a lot for those informations.I will try to contact them but it will be too dificult since I`m in Skopje Macedonia and they are someware in USA
tommy is offline  
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-27-2009, 10:42 PM
the party's crashing us
 
K9-Design's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Gatorcountry
Posts: 4,141
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Thanks: 1,148
Thanked 4,241 Times in 2,011 Posts
Someone hear may know the breeders, if you know their name?

--Anney
"Fisher" CH Deauxquest Hard Day's Knight UDT VER RAE MH WCX CCA VCX OS DDHF, Can. CD WC
"Slater" HRCH Morninglo Wing-T Your Bird Can Sing UD MH NA WCX CCA VCX, Can. CD WC
"Bally" BISS GCH Can. CH Richwood Wing-T Workin' Like A Dog CD MH WCX** DDHF, Can. WCI
"Brix"
BISS GCH Can. CH Malagold Wing-T We Can Work It Out JH WC, Can. WC
K9-Design is offline  
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Golden Retrievers : Golden Retriever Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome