Question is 3-4 months normal timing for initial field training, with a goal to have her ready for JH WC, and SHR testing?
No. Even for an exceptional dog with a very experienced, exceptional trainer, formal Basics (which is what you badly need to reach your goals) require a good 6 months. I happened to be sitting next to the late Rex Carr when he was asked how long he thought Basics should take for most dogs. He was very direct. "About 6 months. If it takes much longer than that I'm suspect of the dog. If it takes much less, I'm suspect of the trainer.
This is the foundation for a lifetime of fieldwork. Here's what it consists of. The components of Basics in order
2) “Heel & Sit”
3) “Hold”; automatically evolves to Walking “Hold, Heel, Sit”
4) “Fetch”; ear pinch, which evolves into Walking “Fetch” & “Fetch-no-fetch”, e-collar conditioning to “Fetch”
5) Pile work, including Mini-pile, Nine bumper pile; AKA Force to pile
6) 3-handed casting; teaching the 3 basic casts – “Back” and both “Over’s”, including 2-hands “Back”
7) Mini tee; includes collar conditioning to all basic commands, transferring to the go, stop, cast functions in micro dimension as preparation for the Single tee. Also includes De-bolting
8) Single tee
9) Double tee
10) Water tee with Swim-by
Skip any of this and you're cheating yourself and your dog.
And mind you, this is just the foundation. All the more advanced skills are built upon this foundation. Part of the charm of fieldwork is that the learning goes on and on - for you and