Welcome to the Golden Retriever Forum. We hope
your membership here will be enjoyable and fulfilling.
Please take a few minutes to read over our forum rules.
Should you have a question or comment, please feel free to
contact a forum moderator (user name highlighted in
blue) or administrator (user
name highlighted in red).
This general information statement is to make all members of Golden Retriever Forum aware that we do not delete posts or threads (unless it is unwanted commercial advertising = "Spam"). Please think before you post as anything you post will leave a digital footprint for LIFE. Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately by using the "report post" button.
Also we do not delete any users accounts. Requests for having a members account "closed" will no longer be accepted, unless in cases that poses as a security risk to the user(s).
1. GoldenRetrieverForum.com Members are prohibited from conducting any
criminal activities through the forum & chat.
– Soliciting of criminal acts,
distribution of “how to” information, sale or movement of
illegally obtain items, etc. are some examples of
violations. Though the reasoning and intent behind this rule
is quite obvious, identifying it with all clarity could
prove a bit illusive in some instances. Example: Where
humorously intentioned flirting could be confused with
actual solicitation of sexual favors for money. It should
then be realized that all such ambiguous situations could
very well be subjected to a criminal activity interpretation
by forum management team and
dealt with as such.
2. GoldenRetrieverForum.com Members shall refrain from
the use of vulgar language and obscenities. – We
recognize no individual word used, in and of itself, can
constitute a moral evil alone but rather it’s when words are
assembled into sentences that form ideas that it has the
potential to become truly offensive and vulgar. However
certain individual words are nevertheless considered highly
offensive to the majority of the English language speakers
and in recognition of this fact, a small list of those words
are maintained and that can be only accessed by GRF Administrators
, and will be used to identify and assist in
keeping those highly offensive words from appearing on the
forum. Any attempt to bypass the board filter of vulgar words by manipulating a word so as to have a form of it appear on the board may result in sanctions against your account from the GRF management team. Keep in mind that many words which are usually quite
innocent, can also be used in a vulgar fashion. Thus many
individual words not contained on the list per se will have
to be assessed as to their offensive nature by actual usage by the GRF Management team. Pictures that are openly posted onto GRF that contain offensive vulgar language or obscenities will not be permitted as well. Any such pictures posted will be reviewed and/or removed by the GRF Management team. Any links to another web site posted onto GRF that are reported to have vulgar, obscene or offensive language or pictures may also be removed.
3. GoldenRetrieverForum.com Members shall neither stalk
nor harass any other forum / chat-room member. – Anyone
found sending unsolicited PMs to another forum member after
specifically being notified by the recipient to cease doing
so, is guilty of harassment or stalking. What is harder to
identify is harassment as it pertains to the open forum.
When a trend becomes apparent that one member is constantly
posting challenges or annoyances to another member, this
pattern of behavior could then possibly be deemed harassment
or stalking and therefore must cease.
4. GoldenRetrieverForum.com Members are not to engage in
spamming or any personal/busines advertising without permission. –
Unsolicited advertising , junk mail, "spamming," chain letters for self-promotion for monetary gain is not permitted, which may also include links to your sales oriented websites or informational sites that also contain sales or personal/business advertising. This applies not only to the body of a posting but also to member’s signatures, thread titles, Home Page, images, sounds, PMs, emails through this website, etc. . Links that connect to websites will not be considered unauthorized solicitations unless the link or the website content appears to be intended as a means of personal solicitation/monetary gains of a GRF member as determined by GRF Forum Management Team and/or the VerticalScope Inc. in its sole discretion. Watermarks will be permitted in photographs. Postings for selling, trading or giving away for free of medications (over the counter or prescriptions) as well as any food/treat items will not be permitted.
Members that are breeders shall not post links to their websites on the forum or in signatures. (Breeder links posted by other members looking for only breeder verification purposes is acceptable). No Member or breeders will post for any kind of breeding, stud services, discussions of proposed puppy/dog availability or sales. There will also be no open board discussions of accepting applications, pricing, and other breeder business information (such as web links, e-mail addresses or phone numbers) relevant to their own litters or the intention of ‘trolling’ for puppy buyers determined by the GRF Forum Management Team.
Members or breeders may post general announcements and pictures of new litters of puppies, as well share any stories of these growing bundle of joy. We just ask these post/pictures are kept to that content of just the litter progress and adventures.
5. GoldenRetrieverForum.com Members are not to
plagiarize. – Plagiarism is the use of another’s words
as your own. Though it is a perfectly acceptable practice to
use someone else’s words verbatim, it must be remembered to
“quote” those words and to give credit to the source. If
more than a few paragraphs are to be quoted, then a link to
the website or title of the book, etc, should be provided
instead… IOW, full-scale reproductions will be frowned upon
and considered inappropriate, as well as possibly being
construed as a criminal activity.
GoldenRetrieverForum.com Members are not
to be deceptive. – Intentional lying to deceive the
not be tolerated.
As an example, pretending to be a vet or other canine
professional and offering advice could be very damaging for
unsuspecting members. The key phase here is “intentional
lying to deceive”… this is an interpretation of one’s
intention that will have to be decided by the moderators.
GoldenRetrieverForum.com Members will
refrain from assassinating the character of another. –
In heated discussion there is a tendency to malign the
character of an opponent. Care must be taken in the wording
of all statements of denigration to not single out any
individual. An example is instead of saying “You are a liar”
(an unacceptable accusation) nearly the same sentiment can
be expressed as, “I believe you are mistaken”. Though the
foregoing appears to be almost identical in the stated
sentiment there is one major difference, the former attacks
another’s character of honesty whereas the latter refers to
a possible error having been made… this is a BIG distinction
in any argument. Also refer to the larger group rather than
a single individual when trying to make statements of a
derogatory nature. Example: “You are a reckless breeder for
not obtaining health certifications before breeding” (this being an
example of an unacceptable attack on someone’s character)
rather instead use “I feel all breeders who breed their dogs
without obtaining health certifications prior is being reckless”.
Again, the difference in meaning might seem non-existent but
the earlier statement directly attacks a specific
individual’s character whereas the latter is an expression
of attitude toward a whole class, yet in effect making it
understood that “if the shoe fits…”
GoldenRetrieverForum.com Members are to
avoid “Piling-on”. – A “pile-on” consists of a group of
members quickly posting short statements of agreement (or
disagreement) with an individual during a heated argument
for the purpose of intimidation. Statements of support are
acceptable in any argument as long as it also adds to the
information base of the argument… meaning, another viewpoint
or further data or proof is provided in addition to any
comment of agreement or disagreement.
GoldenRetrieverForum.com Members are
forbidden to subvert or undermine the forum.
- Due to intentional
malicious events, this very unusual rule for forum conduct
has been created.
Our forum has been under attack aimed at its destruction;
this type of
intimidation will be dealt with zero tolerance.
Any single offense to
this rule will result in immediate banning.
This is about self-preservation and so justifiably will be
swift and permanent.
GoldenRetrieverForum.com Members are
not to have, nor create, multiple user identities unless the
Forum Management team is made aware of them. - Again,
another measure aimed at self-preservation of this forum.
This too can be
an immediately bannable offense. If multiple identities are
necessary in the same household then please immediately
inform the forum
management team as to which ones are connected to the same
IP, otherwise it must be assumed that the 'secret'
identity (ies) is (are) being or intend to be used for
malicious mischief. There is no legitimate purpose to have
many multiple identities that cannot be shared with the
forum management team. So all IDs will be banned at the same
time upon discovery.
11. GoldenRetrieverForum.com Members will refrain from Political Discussions. - Since political discussions are of a nature that leads to many heated arguments and bitter feelings among members on this board the GRF Management Team will no longer allow political discussions. Political discussions were permitted on GRF at one time but in the end were deemed unsuitable for this type of forum. General announcements or suggested changes to laws or regulations pertaining strictly to animals are permitted as long as political discussions or political affiliations are left out. The GRF Forum Management team will close or remove any topic we feel was intentionally or unintentionally started as a political discussion. Ultimately what is determined to be a political discussion will be decided by GRF Forum Management Team in its sole discretion.
12. GoldenRetrieverForum.com Members will not post private messages and limit e-mail postings/information. Discussions that have taken place in GRF's private message system should not be posted on the public forums, unless you have received permission from the user involved to post it. If you post an e-mail (that is Non-Confrontational) do not include anyone's e-mail address, real names, addresses or phone numbers.
13. GoldenRetrieverForum.com Members will treat other members with respect.
The Golden Retriever Forum relies on its members to self-monitor in terms of rudeness that is just gratuitous. It is one thing to focus passionately on a topic; it is another thing to call someone an offensive name or to be condescending. We hold golden temperaments on high, so let's see our members be friendly to one another as well, even when disagreements occur. You may respectfully disagree with a member’s point of view but do not assault the member or individual personally, or be rude in your responses. Do not use statements that incite conflicts among members. This could include such things as rehashing conflicts from past or closed topics. Do not make abusive, hateful, harassing, or threatening statements. Do not make statements that are untrue, misleading or based on rumors. Discussions of a breeder's breeding practices are permitted but keep these discussions as you would "reviewing" any other type of business. No personal attacks on the actual individual, who is the breeder, will be permitted. If a thread starts getting heated, take it to a mod, NOT PUBLIC. Those who do not follow this can be warned, suspended or banned.
14. GoldenRetrieverForum.com Members are prohibited in posting threads that may be seeking donations for themselves, other individuals or web sites (other than non-profits).
If members wish to take on such endeavors this must be done in PM’s, or on another site, but not posted on the open forum of GRF. Thread/posts for donation requests that are going directly to a charitable organization can be posted on GRF. Threads/posts of those that contain websites that request for solicitation/donations are at the discretion, upon review, for removal by the GRF Forum Management Team and/or VerticalScope Inc.
15. GoldenRetrieverForum.com Members are prohibited in posting the following types of threads: - Due to the nature of certain threads, and the outcome that usually follows certain threads, we do NOT allow the following types of disgruntle threads : “I am leaving this board”, “I am taking a break from this board”, or ”what happen to this (disciplined) member?”; additionally, any discussions or threads about a member's warning or banning are prohibited. All of these types of threads cause more issues, and many times more drama on the board. All actions taken upon a GRF board member is strictly between that member and the GRF Forum Management Team. Also any discussion that mentions self hurting or suicidal thoughts or actions will not be permitted. These are very serious topics and need professional assistance, more than a Golden Retriever Forum can provide. Any kind of the previously mentioned threads may be closed and/or moved out of view of the general membership . If a member persists in continuing to create such types of threads, the GRF Forum Management Team will take action against the member that may include temporary and/or permanent suspension of a member's account.