Golden Retrievers : Golden Retriever Dog Forums - View Single Post - What do you think about this Large Breed Puppy food?
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-22-2019, 01:35 PM Thread Starter
Brodys Rockies

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Question What do you think about this Large Breed Puppy food?

When we picked Brody up from Golden Retriever Rescue of the Rockies,(GRRR) they recommended that we keep Brody on Nutro Wholesome Essentials Large Breed Puppy, chicken, brown rice, and sweet potato recipe.

I have seen that several of you are using, Purina Pro Plan formulas. When I asked GRRR about switching to Purina, they felt the Nutro brand mentioned was a better food choice. Ugh!

I realize there are different opinions on the topic of best food choice, but I have to admit that after reading about this topic, my head is swimming a bit. I also did a search on the site for the Nutro product mentioned, but I wasn't able to find anything about it. Maybe I failed to list the food properly in my search.

I would sincerely appreciate any input on the food I'm currently feeding Brody. I should mention that Brody seems to like the Nutro product, and we're not experiencing any health issues to date with it. Brody eats well and he is growing nicely. Unlike our last Golden, who cleaned his bowl as soon as he was fed, Brody is a grazer. He will eat a little and then go back for more when he's hungry. We don't feed him anything else other than treats, which he eats slowly as well. We also give him raw beef bone shanks, which he enjoys as well.

Brody's coat looks good and he has no ear wax. He doesn't itch and his stool is firm and regular.

The attached photo was taken at 3 months 10 days...

Thank you in advance for your input.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Brody 3 months - c_Detailed - R.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	300.3 KB
ID:	815516  

Roger

River, RIP Ole Boy, 5/04/08 -12/15/18

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome