Golden Retrievers : Golden Retriever Dog Forums - View Single Post - Hi From Belgium!
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-16-2008, 05:17 PM Thread Starter
belgianwaffle

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Talking Hi From Belgium!

Hi All,

I adopted a 9 year-old GR two days ago from a shelter. The dog was taken out of a puppy mill by the cops a few weeks ago. He had skin deseases, was starving, in a overall bad shape.

The breeder was selling the puppies to a pharmaceutical laboratory and really did not care much for the dogs he kept in cages.

As our GR had always been in a cage, we thought we would have a hard time teaching him the basics. We were wrong!!! he has been with us since friday afternoon, and is doing great! He learns very quickly and is so affectionate. He also gets along great with our yorkshire and shitzu.

When we go out for a walk, he holds his leash in his mouth and "takes my son for a walk" :-) This is too funny!

The shelter has taken great care of the dog. he is doing much better but of course still has medications to take. The back paws hair is growing back. Half of his tail still has no hair. he still has rash on his body but it is going away little by little. he also needs to gain some weight. But you know what? I think he looks beautiful!

Voilŗ! have a beautiful afternoon!

Nathalie
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo 003.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	355.3 KB
ID:	22377  
Attached Images

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome