Golden Retrievers : Golden Retriever Dog Forums - View Single Post - New from Miami FL
View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 03-09-2008, 04:11 PM
TiffanyK
Professional Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Welcome to GRF! I couldn't agree more that Goldens are wonderful, wonderful companions and additions to a family! I don't want to sound like I am discouraging you from a puppy, but if you have any concerns that the work that comes with a "puppy" isn't for you then you might consider looking into adopting a rescue golden. I think I've usually leaned toward wanting the bonding that comes along with a young pup, but I'm gaining a very, very soft spot for the rescue stories I've been reading about here and I am looking forward to getting involved with my local rescue. I can see a lot of benefits to skipping the puppy stage and adopting a loving GR from a rescue in my future. Just an idea to look into since you've made a wise decision to bring a GR into your family I think it's awesome that you found this place before getting a golden lovebug! You'll learn so much here and be confidant that you are making a wise and an educated decision that will be perfect for you and your precious Charlie! He is adorable and that is a great photo you posted!

Keep us posted and look forward to seeing how things work out for you.

Tiffany

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome