Golden Retrievers : Golden Retriever Dog Forums - View Single Post - Hello from the Lower Hudson Valley, NY
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-23-2008, 01:00 PM Thread Starter
Seamus' Mom

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello from the Lower Hudson Valley, NY

Hi everyone! I'm also coming over from the TGRS forum. I had been wondering where everyone went!!! Glad to see everyone is well.

Currently, I have one golden retriever named Seamus. He is a rescue. Ironically, it was 3 years ago yesterday that NYC Animal Control picked him up as a stray roaming the streets of the Bronx. He was an absolutely terrified, skinny little guy, probably no more than a year old at the time. Fortunately, some wonderful Golden Retriever Rescue folks scooped him up out of the shelter and that's how he ended up with me. He has come a long, long way. He is no longer scared of men with facial hair. He earned his Canine Good Citizen this past summer. He does have one problem, though...I'm fairly certain he is seriously addicted to tennis balls. Actually, he is quite a character.

Seamus' turn-ons: Tennis balls, swimming, mud, snow, other dogs
Seamus' turn-offs: People who refuse to scratch his butt

Prior to Seamus, I had two other goldens. I got Murphy when she was 8-weeks old from a reputable breeder. Then, about 2 years later, I adopted Casey from a Golden Retriever Rescue. They were both such sweet girls. It's still amazing to me how each dog has had such a unique personality.

Paige aka "Seamus' Mom"
Seamus, CGC, TDI
River, CGC
Waiting at the Bridge...Murphy & Casey

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome