Golden Retrievers : Golden Retriever Dog Forums - View Single Post - new member- Lark has DM
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-14-2008, 09:06 PM Thread Starter
Lark's mom

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
new member- Lark has DM

Hi--
My thirteen year old golden is failing fast. She has been happy and strong living with arthritis since she was eight, but degenerative myelopathy is the new concern. She started showing symptoms of neuro degeneration about a year and a half ago but we kept it under control with lots of swimming, a little bit of acupuncture and a whole load of love. Now we are in Colorado and swimming is not so easy in this cold environment. Over the winter she has lost a lot of muscle and just in the last few weeks is losing balance and showing some knuckling. The progression of her symptoms is scary and I am just looking for advice on how to best slow it down. She currently has acupuncture which relieves her immensely from the arthritis, takes arthrisoothe gold supplement, 1200 iu vitamin E daily, fatty acids daily and we try to take short slow walks at least twice a day. If anyone has been through this, I would love to hear any advice.
Thanks so much!!
Ali

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome