Golden Retrievers : Golden Retriever Dog Forums - View Single Post - Hi from Halifax
Thread: Hi from Halifax
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-08-2008, 12:26 PM Thread Starter
JakesMom

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi from Halifax

We were looking for advise for a timid Golden and found exactly what we needed in this forum - thanks a lot!

We're new to Golden ownership - actually to dog ownership in general - but myself, my husband and our 11 yr old son ( and even Cats Sundin, our year-old puss) have fallen head over heels in love with Jake, a big beautiful 'red' Golden. Jake is 6 months old this month and we're discovering every day what a character he is. We got Jake at 6 weeks and we're told we won the doggy lottery with him. The only chewing he's ever done is on his toys, the only interest in shoes he has are the insoles of a pair of old boots he keeps pulling them out and carrying them around the house when we're not home, and at 4 months he was fully house trained. He now has quite a repertoire of tricks he'll perform (sometimes even without the promise of a treat) and he starts obedience training next week - we're looking forward to seeing what he's capable of.

I do have one question for the Golden owners of winter climates. Is it just Jake, or do all Goldens go nuts for snow? We got him in August, and I would take him in back of the rink where my son was playing hockey, and Jake would go wild rolling and digging in the zamboni ice/snow - he'd rather play in that snow than at the beach near the arena. Now that winter is upon us - we're hard pressed to get him to come inside when it's snowing out - he's too busy digging snow tunnels with his nose.

Here's the link to 2 vids of Jake in action (they have sound)...

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v5...uelingpets.flv

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v5...utEarlBear.flv

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome