Golden Retrievers : Golden Retriever Dog Forums - View Single Post - New Member :) Having trouble introducing her to our other dog :(
View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 12-27-2007, 10:13 PM Thread Starter
LauraO

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
more about skecher...the jack

Skecher is 6 years old, male neutered Jack Russell Terrier - we also have a 6 pound toy fox terrier he has never harmed so I think with time and some training - specifically for this will help. We had the whole meeting on neutral territory thing planned but I was in a car accident last week and have some back injuries and the people we purchased her from were going to let us pick Layla up on Christmas day - but unexpectedly the other litter mates were all picked up on Christmas eve and they didn't want her to be alone and they were going to church so they brought her over. We weren't prepared so our entire plan was thrown out the window and we did what we could. I have called the lady who did our classes in Austin who specializes in Jack Russells and also emailed the lady I have worked with doing Russell Rescues - hopefully they will be able to help me. We do have green space in our neighborhood - I may try the intro on lead this weekend with Layla off her lead. It's just difficult on my back having to pull back with commands etc. Wish us luck!! Thanks for the responses!

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome