Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

Photo's from other sites share them here

533K views 4K replies 159 participants last post by  Ivyacres 
#1 ·
#121 ·
"Some puppies never forget. This adorable photo captures the moment when one grateful pup was reunited with the volunteer who rescued him. As soon as he spotted his former foster mother Eva Armstrong, Captain Morgan scrambled over and jumped into his rescuer's arms."

Attachments

#129 ·
#131 ·
Feel good story in the midst of aftermath of the OK City tornado. Happened while the woman was being interviewed on TV:

Okla. tornado survivor finds dog buried alive under rubble - CBS News Video
I live in SW OKC (Moore schools) So many pets have been lost and displaced. The rescues are packed. So many people have taken in found pets in hopes of finding their owners. Even Home Depot was/is taking dogs and cats in as a drop of location.

I do get aggrivated at owners that don't chip (it's so cheap), and do not keep detailed ownership contact on their pets at all times. That alone would cut this down I would guestimate more than 70-80%. Not to mention the stress involved to the pet owner, pet finder, and most of all the pet.

#132 ·
Scotty,

Glad you guys are OK. My cousins live North of 240 East of 35.

I just can't imagine the heartbreak so many are going through right now with destroyed homes and lost pets. If there's anything you hear of where I could help (local rescue taking care of pets) please let me know and I'll send them a few bucks to help out with expenses. Just PM me. Thanks.

#133 ·
Thanks Danny..

Yes, we are at SW 134th and Western. about a 1/2 mile north of the path. It was on a E-N-E heading and shifted to due East shortly before reaching us, and as result we where spared.

We got our F5 ticket punched May 3rd 1999, almost too strangely the same path but Scientists and Meteorologist can not link other than coincidence.

With my first two Golden Retrievers at home that tornado hit and we could not return for over 24 hours. I got home late the next day driving through a maze of streets and was not sure how to find my newly built home with no landmarks. Only debris and foundations visible. I began crying sure my dogs were taken from me. I felt so guilty.

Weaving through the neighborhood I found my road. Rounding the corner I see signs of a few houses standing. My house was beat up, but in tact... I see a golden retriever covered in mud across the street from my house. This dog was the same build as my boy Bonzi. I began calling him and he begins to run. I thought he was so traumatized he was afraid of me! I tore my legs and feet up still wearing shorts and flip flops from the night before and now tracking through mud and debris (that ended up in a tetanus shot update). I give up the chase and go back to the house to survey the damage (add more tears and desperation).

I open the dog to find two very happy golden retrievers in the house! Not only where they fine they didn't have an accident anywhere to be found. Two dogs who had no concerns of weather previous to that day became big lap dogs with future thunder storms.

Here is the view from my brand spanking newly built home before the first mortgage payment was made (May 1999).

#134 ·
Oh, my, Scotty. What a horrible ordeal to have to go through. I was quite moved just reading it. And a near miss this time to boot.

What became of the dog across the street? Did you ever find out?

#135 ·
No clue, never saw that dog again. I only know it was not a dog that belonged to any of my neighbors when I tried to follow up with those who I did see after the tornado, they did not recall any of the near by home owners having a Golden.

Lots of memories of 14 years ago came flooding back this week. Many sad stories are soon replaced by incredible heart warming stories of rallying support and selfless acts.