Golden Retrievers : Golden Retriever Dog Forums - View Single Post - Chronic Diarrhea
View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-12-2011, 08:47 AM
Summer's Mom
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
How long is chronic? What is his pattern of diarrhea like? Many times a day? Usual no. of times but watery? Not watery but just soft? All that info would help lots..

There is a possibility that he has developed a food intolerance, though the only way to tell for sure would be to do a food trial. You could do that with any limited ingredient diet, preferably a protein that he has not had before..

What worked for my Summer who had a really bad round lasting 1 month - she was losing weight and i had to get up several times a night to let her out.. we finally caved in and bought a bag of the prescription food Hill's I/d. Everyone will tell you it has crap ingredients and you are killing your dog and it is very costly, but it made such a difference for us. When the bag was almost finished we did a very gradual transition to another cheaper kibble with as similar ingredients as possible, and we are doing ok now.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome