Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

Goldens Born in July 2016

3K views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  Normita 
#1 ·
I'm pretty new to the forum and have been reading the June 2016 thread but through I would start one for July 2016 for anyone in the same boat!

Our litter was born in Mid-July and we'll be bringing our pup home in September. I'm a first-time dog owner but my partner grew up with Goldens. Very nervous but excited!

Attaching a photo of the litter that our breeder sent us!

See less See more
#5 ·
July Puppy

Hello,
I am Bethany. I keep researching about Goldens and ending up at this forum, so I figured I might as well register. I am new to the Golden Retriever world and the dog world since I've always had cats!
We have researched for awhile, got on a list and our new fur baby was born July 16. We bring her home 5 weeks from today. We are beyond excited...it's like having a baby lol. We are still working on our name.
We live 6 hours from our breeder, so we haven't met our pup yet. We go in 23 days to meet the litter (not that I'm counting :laugh:) Although our breeder will match puppies to families based on personalities...so even when we meet the litter of 9, we won't know for sure which one is ours (we are getting a girl, 5 litter mates are girls). We visit at 6 weeks. Puppy selection is about 7 weeks. We wanted to spend time with the litter, parents and breeder so we are making two trips within 2 weeks!
So I thought I'd introduce myself as I'm sure I'll have questions along the way. I also think I may be driving people crazy with the puppy talk. I'm sure you all understand though :smile2:
Looking forward to chatting with others who have fur babies about the same age as mine. And to keeping each other sane as we wait for our babies to come home :wink2:

#8 ·
Pics

Our puppy has 4 sisters and 4 brothers! This is a pic of the 5 girls. One will be ours, but we don't know which one yet. Breeder does personality tests around 7 weeks and matches puppies to families! They are 3 weeks old in this pic!

Attachments

#9 ·
Hello everyone,
We are excitingly awaiting The last week of August so our little guy can come home with us. The litter was born Canada day July 1st we just got to pick him out last weekend at 5 weeks he is already 7.6lbs ? Our pet store is loving us right now We are still looking for a name though I think this the hardest part. Dog Mammal Vertebrate Dog breed Canidae

#10 ·
What an adorable photo, Watsonbmw!! So excited for you! We went to visit this weekend and fell in love! Luckily our breeder is choosing our puppy for us at around 6 weeks. We bring her home at 10 weeks because of a long-planned trip. Some photos attached (they're just shy of 4 weeks!).

Attachments

#11 ·
Our baby girl was born 7/15. We are going to meet her this upcoming weekend. We are in the process of getting the house ready and stocking up on lots of toys! I am including a few pictures of the litter for viewing pleasure. [emoji2]

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

#14 ·
Our Pup is Here

We actually picked her up last Thursday. It's been crazy since, as I'm sure you can imagine! We named her Tirzah (pronounced Tear-zuh) which means "she is my delight." She has lived up to her name already.
She hated the 6 hour car ride home, so we are now working with her to enjoy car rides. She loves all people, but is scared of new places. We are being super careful because she's not fully vaccinated, but we are getting her out as best as we can. We know this is such an important time for socialization!
I got the idea from my breeder to start an Instagram account for her. Figured it was a neat way to keep up with her adventures and to share pics with family. If any of you have done the same, look her up at TirzahGraceTheGolden. I'd love to follow you and see your pup pics too!
Looking forward to comparing stories, questions, and joys with other pups about her age! I've attached a couple of our favorite pics so far (although they turned sideways for reasons I can't figure out!)
Bethany

Attachments

#15 ·
Bethany, congratulations!! She looks adorable - good luck socializing her! We'll follow you on Instagram - we're @daisyinthebigcity

We just picked up our pup this past weekend and so far so good, with a few hiccups. She was fine on the 5 hour drive, and proceeded to pee on any non-wood surface indoors. Sigh. We have to use pee pads for now since we don't have an outdoor space and NYC can be problematic out on the streets. Crate training is going well (she cried for about 5 minutes last night then settled down, and cried again in the middle of the night at around 3am, but otherwise let us sleep until 8!), and she has already mastered "Sit"! We're having lots of people over to try and socialize her. It's a lot of work!

Looking forward to more updates!!

Attachments

#16 ·
Shooter

Well we picked up Shooter August 22 he has been such a joy and a super smart pumpkin He knows sit ,stay, come, heel, shake a paw, high five,shy, roll over, leave it, drop it He loves the water and has been swimming like a fish everyday when we go to our local park, Loves dogs of all ages and sizes, cats well thats a whole other story..chewing is finally getting under control completely housetrained at 11 weeks so proud of this smart little cookie.. 11 weeks 27lbs :grin2:

Attachments

#17 ·
Hello everyone my name is Norma and this is my first Golden Retriever baby... I got her September 29th her name is Jimmy Choo ( long story ) and she was born July 23 2016 =) I am totally in love with her and eager to learn as much as I can, this is my first time as an adult with a large bread dog... I also have a 12 year old Silky Terrier, her name is Roxy and a 1 year old Rat terrier mix her name is Sofia. My 3 girls are adapting very well to each other.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.