Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

Goldens Born in May 2016

21K views 225 replies 19 participants last post by  RND 
#1 ·
My puppy has been born!!

There are two litters - one born last week and one born yesterday.

Shine and Niko puppies

Shine had 2 boys and 6 girls.

Niko had 8 boys and 3 girls.

The countdown begins!

:grin2:

#2 ·
Congrats!! I am also dying with anticipation! We are bringing home a Harborview puppy! Flutter's puppies were born 5/22/16. I have no idea how I'm going to get through the next 7 weeks!!!
(ps...Figtoria, I don't think your link is working!).

#3 ·
Congratulations, Indyfur! It will be a tough wait for us, too!

I've never been on a forum that didn't let you edit your own posts before. I find it very frustrating.

Here is a new link to the babies.

Shine and Niko

Shine's litter is Ch. Kyon's Rainbow High ex Ch. Shaynedoro Party on to Brevmac (Shine's sire was BISS Ch. Cheek to Cheek Steve Macqueen)

Ziko's litter is Ch. Kyon Can't Get No Satisfaction ex Azure's Afrikaan Beat (Niko's sire was Ch. Trewater Secret Romance)

July can't come soon enough! :)

#4 ·
OK....I can officially join this thread!!
I have paid my deposit to my breeder. The puppies were born on May 25th and are 1 week today. She's sent a video of photos from the first week. I am in love with them all!!
I am very new to the forum (although I'm here all the time!! :) but I'm not sure how to add pictures or anything yet...I'll have to figure all of this out as I am dying to share photos and stories with someone.

Do you know what you're getting (boy/girl) Figtoria? EEkkk...its so exciting!!

#5 ·
Congrats new doggie mamas! Our puppy is 1.5 weeks today! Our breeder sends out pictures weekly on Sunday night- I keep looking at what she's sent and wondering which one will be mine?!?

We recently had to say goodbye to our 10 year old golden due to a horrible illness (megaesophagus) and a golden puppy due to a congenital liver shunt. It's been a tough year, but so excited for this little guy to come to our family!

Have you been thinking of names??

#6 ·
Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry for your year and your losses! I can somewhat relate as I had to put my 13 year old Golden down this year also. It was the hardest thing I've ever done. How old was your puppy? I can't imagine what that would have been like for you, I'm so sorry for your losses this year!

Some days I am SO, SO excited for the puppy and other days I think - a PUPPY?! Are you CRAZY! I haven't had a puppy for 13 years! This is going to be an interesting year ahead :)

I am going to name my puppy, George. I have been back and forth on a few names, but when I thought of George, I just knew.

Your puppy is only a few days older than mine. He was born on May 25th. My breeder just sent out a video of the photos from the first week yesterday. They are sooo tiny, and sooo cute! I can't wait!

What about you? Names?? When do you pick him/her up? Do you choose your puppy? Or does the breeder? My breeder will chose mine based on the temperament and characteristics I said I was looking for. Which I am relieved for :)

#7 ·
Hellloooo!!!!

Our breeder just posted pics of other pups she has that are going home soon, and I'm DYING!! Their heads are huge and their faces all squishy and fat. Seriously. Is there anything cuter in life than a golden puppy??? Please make these next 6.5 weeks fly!!!

If it were up to my kids, we would name our puppy Tree. Or Flower Pot. Or whatever random idea comes to mind. Or they want to name him Beau, the same name of the puppy we had to recently return. Naming a puppy is hard! I don't think we've thought of the right one yet!

I love the name George! Actually my son's name is Georgie! Lol!!! I like names that give me the warm fuzzies, and George does that for me! Post pics if you can of your new babies!

#8 ·
Oh! So, my breeder has been breeding and evaluating puppies for decades. She's going to pick for us. This is my second time a breeder has done this for us, and it's been a great match each time. Plus, I've agonized over breeder choices, I'm relieved not to have to make any more choices! We get to pick him up July 17th! He's 7 hours away, but I'll be getting him with a friend, who will also b bringing a puppy home. Our trip home just might b a trainwreck! Lol!

#9 ·
OMG 7 hours with 2 puppies....you are a brave person!! LOL My breeder is about 4.5 hours from me..I am not looking forward to the drive home. I'm hoping he settles and isn't too stressed out of being in the care.
It looks like you'll be picking up the weekend before me. I'm picking up on the 22nd...its sooo exciting!

#10 ·
I've written my breeder to ask about how the puppy will be chosen - I forgot to ask earlier!

Breeders definitely know their puppies best of anyone, but I'm hoping there will be a few or even a couple of similar puppies that I'll be allowed to pick from.

I have a countdown app on my phone!! It's approximately 46 days until they're ready!!

#11 ·
Figtoria - I'm also in Ontario - whereabout are you? What breeder did you go with, if you don't mind me asking.

I've chosen Regal Goldens in Caledon, although I live in Ottawa.
I am relieved to not have to choose. This litter is 3 boys and 3 girls and I equally want ALL of them :)

I also have a counter on my phone - 46 days-ish for me too!!!! Yay!!

#12 ·
Hi!! I'm getting my baby from Brevmac Kennels who are in Chatsworth, Ontario.

I wrote to the breeder and he does generally choose for the puppy people, which I'm totally okay with. They have watched them grow and know each personality.

I wrote him that I'd like someone "smart, trainable, steady and friendly" and then realized that description probably fits most Goldens!

Just got back from a trip to NYC and NJ and got a GREAT deal on puppy toys at Marshalls and TJMaxx. I bought more souvenirs for our puppy than I did for my husband or kids.

Hehehehe

#13 ·
Do any of you have pictures of your puppies yet??? My breeder sends ours out on Sunday night/early Monday....I'm dying! 3 weeks old today! Yippee!!!

#16 ·
I don't know! I'm assuming it will have to wait until they're old enough to judge their personalities, etc. The first picture with the two cuties are the two boys from the older litter - so theoretically it could be one of those! The other litter has 8 boys to choose from though - so odds are probably that I'll get one of those - which I am totally okay with!

#21 ·
Hi all! We are getting our new puppy in just 10 days!!
We are getting her from Harborview as well, but from Tease's litter. They were born May 7th.
I'm so excited! We just went to the puppy visitation day last weekend, so now we are even more excited!
It is so nice to be able to share the excitement with all of you!

#25 ·
George is a super cute name!!! It makes me think of the Bugs Bunny cartoon - "I will kiss you and hug you and call you George!"

Yes, I have a laundry basket full of puppy toys! :D

I guess a crate will be next.

What are you guys working on?

The puppy proofing is overwhelming.

#30 ·
George is a super cute name!!! It makes me think of the Bugs Bunny cartoon - "I will kiss you and hug you and call you George!".
That's where we got it from!! :D
My Step Dad and I would watch Bugs Bunny every weekend and that was one of my favourite ones!!

I am going to see all the puppies this weekend (Sunday) and I can't wait! I haven't really started buying too much yet. I did buy a crate when it was on sale, and a couple toys here and there. My breeder just sent out the 'This is what you'll need' list this week so I am going to start going through it after this weekend.

#26 ·
Heiser- I am getting a Harborview puppy, as well (but from Flutter's litter)!! Tease has a litter too? Omigosh! She must have puppies coming out her ears, as Tipsy has a litter too!

Ahhhh!!!!! So exciting!!!!! Can't wait to see pics! We don't pick up our puppy until 7/17!

#27 ·
Figtoria- That is great that you already have a lot of toys! May I ask where you like to shop for them? I only have one toy so far. I live quite far from any stores, so we made plans to go puppy shopping on Wednesday. I'm just not sure where to start! I did get a crate, but that is about it.

Indyfurkiddos- OH my gosh! That is so exciting! I didn't realize Flutter had her puppies! That is great, Congratulations! I did see that Tipsy had puppies, and then Tease. She had 8 with only one being a female. So far, she is ours unless the puppy evaluations show a different puppy would be a better match for us. How many did Flutter have? Are you getting a male or female? I was hoping to find someone else getting a Harborview puppy as well!!

#28 ·
Heiser73 - I got a lot from TJMaxx and Marshalls when I was visiting NYC earlier this month. The prices were way lower than they are in Canada. Other than that - I generally buy them from local pet shops or amazon.ca There's a great list on this board of "Can't survive Puppyhood Without" toys and I bought quite a few of those. :)

Here's one of tonight's pictures!! It shows the two litters. The right side is 4.5 weeks, the other side is 3.5 weeks. :D

#29 ·
Oh my goodness, Figoria!! They are so cute! I'm so excited for you! When will u know which litter yours will be from? Also, thanks for the tip on TJ Maxx and Marshalls for the toys. That will be my first stop! I just checked out the post on the puppy toys as well! I'm definitely planning on getting all that are mentioned there! Thanks again!!

#32 ·
I don't know when I will find out which puppy is mine. I'm hoping to get an idea of that when we visit this weekend. It doesn't really matter to me as long as he has a nice stable temperament. I think the only stipulation I will make is that I don't want a nervous or timid puppy. I can work with pretty much anything else. :D

#31 ·
I'm so excited for everyone! I also purchased many of the toys recommended on this board. When I had Beau, he loved bully sticks and a frozen Kong.

Heiser, how was puppy visitation? I'm so sad that I will have to miss it!! Do you have pics?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.