Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

Goldens Born in March 2016

15K views 157 replies 22 participants last post by  Gleepers 
#1 ·

Our little girl Wrigley was born March 5th....

See less See more
#10 ·
Wrigley is doing great.....still having problems with her sleeping at night. Just weighed her tonight for her 11 week old birthday (Saturday). She weighed in at 19 lbs....growing like a weed.

#6 ·
I'm so smitten with our little girl. I came down with the flu bug this morning. Husband had to take the oldest to a charity event. Penny came up to me this morning doing her growls play and I whimpered at her. She has spent the rest of the afternoon nappy near me or off playing by herself without to much trouble ??

#7 ·
It's amazing when puppies empathize with our feelings! Penny is such a sweet girl.

When our 10 year old golden was a baby, we lost our 3 month old daughter. She was in full puppy crazy mode(we got Bayleigh when I was pregnant with Zoey) and Bayleigh knew we were heartbroken and literally stopped chewing and being a puppy. As we started to heal her puppyhood resumed.

It made me love her 100 times more than possible & she was vital to our healing. Cannot say how much I love this breed!

#14 ·
Penny is doing good. Somehow though when I was researching breeds I missed the mart about Holden's being the worst puppy biters. And when she gets tired she gets wound up and is just horrible. I've got marks all up and down my arms and she caught my ear last night in a bit of a fit. Aside from the biting she is a champ at walking on leash. Knows sit and down so well you don't even need to say it. Just gesture. And is growing. I had to let the harness out today as it was 1/2 to small today (fit fine yesterday)

#17 ·
Whoops- not sure where I read about lack of sleep! Ha!

Re: the land sharks- I had totally forgot they did that.. This forum quickly reminded me they do! I bought bully sticks to try to encourage her to bite them vs us. We shall see if they work once she comes home!

#18 ·
Lack of sleep hasn't been as bad as I thought it would be. First few days were rough but we've been settling into a routine. Up about twice through the night then awake at 6:30. When she gets up its usually right outside, quick pee and right back to bed. Only have had 2 night accidents in bed. She is sleeping in the portable baby crib in our bedroom.

#21 ·
We brought home sweet Dory yesterday. Sadly, discovered she has parvo and she spent all day at our vet on fluids and meds and is doing the same now at our E vet.

Send thoughts and prayers if you have them. We're heartbroken.

Attachments

#33 ·
YAY for little Dory. Can't wait to see the homecoming pictures. I'll be mostly without internet until mid June, can't wait to see updated pictures of everyone when I get back. We'll be taking our tiny little girl on a 2 week multi state adventure. Should be interesting.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.