Goldens Born in October 2015 - Page 94 - Golden Retrievers : Golden Retriever Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #931 of 938 (permalink) Old 02-10-2017, 08:43 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
That's too bad about Rosie's infection . It's a good thing you brought her in & got the antibiotics. Wow 74lbs! Luna only weighs 64 lbs. isn't it funny how Rosie was the smallest of the litter & Luna the biggest. My vet goes by how they look & if she can see a waist??? She told me to have Luna loose a few lbs so go figure. We're getting more snow now. Hopefully it won't be that much more.
Have a good weekend everyone . Xoxo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #932 of 938 (permalink) Old 02-10-2017, 09:53 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrisBramble View Post
Hi everyone

Rosie has a skin infection and is on antibiotics (750mg of cephalexin that we stuff in a banana ) we got there just time time before it got really bad, the vet said it could have come from any where most likely something at the groomers.

I was able to do what Donna suggested and get her shots moved up they also did her yearly fecal sample and heart worm test checked her all out and weighed her.

She weighs 74lbs and i asked my vet who took in all her measurements and said she is at an ok weight which i have always thought she was a bit heavy so im still gonna put her on diet and once the nice weather comes get her walking like crazy. the practice is great and has many vets and some say she would be between 55-60lbs and some between 55-65lbs and this is the 1st time I've seen this vet and she says 74lbs is ok so im not sure.

We were set to get up to 8 in they called off school at 10pm wed night we got about maybe 4-5 in not bad at all Rosie loved it wormed though the snow with her snout eating it along the way lol

Donna how are the pups?
Kathleen did you take the dogs for a visit to the kennels?
Lynn- Luna is such a naughty girl lol i cannot believe she did that, hopefully she never does that again i would have been so frustrated with it.

Hugs to Rosie- xtra treats too

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

"With a broken heart I watched your paw prints slowly melt with the snow, the spring rained fierce with sorrow, but the summer brought green grass anew. Your paw prints that covered the yard are gone, but know, my sweet buddy,that they are forever all over my heart."
post #933 of 938 (permalink) Old 02-10-2017, 09:54 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Post snow pics ❄️

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

"With a broken heart I watched your paw prints slowly melt with the snow, the spring rained fierce with sorrow, but the summer brought green grass anew. Your paw prints that covered the yard are gone, but know, my sweet buddy,that they are forever all over my heart."

post #934 of 938 (permalink) Old 02-11-2017, 12:43 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Thanks everyone no more snow in our forecast so im just waiting for it melt lol

Lynn- were gonna try and get her down to 65lbs by fall so a 9lbs loss

Amy- shes is during this time getting extra treats, she gets her regular after potty treat then half a banana 2x a day for her pills lol

Dawn
Mom to Vincent (10) and Wife to Chris for 18 years

Fur Baby Rosie Cotton Born 10-29-15 Completing our family and adding tons of love to it.

post #935 of 938 (permalink) Old 02-11-2017, 09:15 PM
Wendy

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Ugh!! We just get some fresh snow, on the ground and have another freezing rain warning! I hate walking, on icy surfaces. Finally gave Bodie his first bath, since puppyhood. Surprisingly, went really well!! Wasn't sure, how I was going to heave an 80 lb dog in the bathtub, but, it wasn't bad. Definitely helped that he loves water!

I took Bodie to a fun,Dog Lover's Day, this morning. They had vendors, agility and trick demonstrations, along with a lure course. Bodie got to do it twice and had a blast! He had to chase, a piece of plastic, that was running, along a zip line, over jumps and through different obstacles. I definitely, have to get him into some sports this year! He loves doing that sort of thing. Out of all the dogs, I've had in my life, he is the most athletic. I couldn't believe how good, Bodie was with all the other dogs and people.

Have to show a pic of him chasing the lure, even though, the picture is not good. So hard to snap it, when he's flying towards you
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	3
Size:	188.7 KB
ID:	712569  
post #936 of 938 (permalink) Old 02-11-2017, 11:51 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hi everyone

Just thought I'd pop in an let you know that the girls have done very well with their surgeries. Lexi was done weds and Shayla was done Thursday. I took Thursday and Friday off work (vacation days) to be home with them. Lexi slept most of the day Thursday and then they both slept most of day on Friday.

Lexi had her first BM Friday in the early evening and it was a bit soft. Needless to say everything after that was water and she wanted out every hour after that. It was a very long night. By about 4 am she was having bloody movements so i called vet first thing this morning and took her in. Took a sample with us in case they wanted it. She appeared ok when we got there. They fit us in at 11:30 and last BM was at 7 am.

They checked her heart, belly, no temperature, and she was doing ok. They gave her a shot of penicillin and antibiotics to take at home for five days. She is in a much better frame of mind tonight. Could have been the anaesthetic and stress of surgery. She had a light dinner of brown rice, beef and a bit of cheese and we'll see how that goes overnight. I'm crossing my fingers for a solid BM tomorrow.

Needless to say it's been a bit stressful. The hardest part is keeping them from rough housing with each other and jumping around. Their incisions look great and both internal and external stitches are dissolving so that's good. They trimmed their nails at the clinic so no more clicking on the hardwood floors. Oh.... Shayla weighed in at 50 lbs and Lexi weighed in at 67 lbs.

I'm so sorry Rosie has an infection. Glad you got it sorted out and got meds for her.

Glad to hear you got Bodie's eye cleared up. These guys sure keep us on our toes.

Will keep you posted on how tonight goes with tummy woes

Donna
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1913.JPG
Views:	3
Size:	781.9 KB
ID:	712633  
post #937 of 938 (permalink) Old 02-12-2017, 08:52 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Donna - Im glad the girls surgery is over but poor Lexi . Its a good thing you brought her back in and it probably is stress. These pups are such big babies . I hope she has a good day today and is feeling better soon. Can you maybe keep them separated so they can't rough house? We want them to feel better but then when they do they want to play?!?! Hugs to you and the pups .

Wendy - Sounds like Bodie had a great day . What fun!! He must have look fabulous after his bath and what a good boy with the doggies and people. I love it when we feel pride for our dogs . In the picture he doesn't look 80 lbs, he looks all legs What a handsome boy.

Dawn - hope Rosies infection is doing better. Usually they're better after ever just a few doses of the antibiotic.

Ugh, freezing rain here this morning . I can handle the snow but ice! Going to babysit my granddaughter tonight so my son and DIL can go out for a valentines dinner. I'll try and get some pics of Luna and Rex . Have a good day everyone. XOXO
post #938 of 938 (permalink) Old 02-12-2017, 12:43 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
i think i keep mixing up peoples names im so sorry lol

Wendy- Bodie looks like hes having a great a time wish they had stuff like that around here.

Donna- im glad the girls are healing well, sorry about Lexi sometimes our pups can be so sensitive.

Lynn- have a great time babysitting my mom was always begging to babysit when mine was that little, she still loves it till this day.

We have rain today but not freezing. Rosie's infection seem to be doing much better the spots are much less and she is not wanting to scratch them. so on Thursday i will really check her out and make sure the meds are making a real difference if not we have to go back to the vet.

My mom has to have emergency surgery this Thursday they found a cyst on her ovary the size of a orange so her being 66 this is uncommon according to her doc and all her tests have come back not cancer and they want to make sure with 1000% certainty that she never gets cancer, so shes having a Hysterectomy. It all started because she told her doc she was having issues holding her bladder and going frequently so he sent her for some tests and they found it. So my sister will be coming up and staying over night wed and on Thursday morning taking her over the bridge to Philly where its being done and will join them after i drop my son off at school (i have no one to drop him off for me and my hubby is out of town and cannot get home) she has to stay over night so i will pick her up friday too since my sister will have to go back to work.

Dawn
Mom to Vincent (10) and Wife to Chris for 18 years

Fur Baby Rosie Cotton Born 10-29-15 Completing our family and adding tons of love to it.

Last edited by IrisBramble; 02-12-2017 at 12:49 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement