Goldens Born on October 2012 - Page 8 - Golden Retrievers : Golden Retriever Dog Forums

GoldenRetrieverForum.com is the premier Golden Retriever Dog Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2012, 09:50 PM
aka Amanda

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillionsofPeaches View Post
Amanda, I would bring your dog in. It doesn't have anything to do with the vaccines. What if there is something wrong with him? I trust my breeder and her vet but I also have to protect my interests as well. So I want to do exactly what my contract says so that it is a solid one. I know you said your breeder would make an exception but man, do you really want to have to deal with all that if something did come up?
Right, absolutely! Plus it's not even so much about the contract as it is making sure he's as healthy as possible. God forbid he's sick or unhealthy in some way and I simply don't notice, and the poor little guy is suffering for a week. I'm going to call in the morning and make a second appointment. Thanks for the feedback! I'm wondering if maybe my breeder also thought I was wanting to move up the vaccine appointment, and that's why he said to wait the extra week? I'll ask him in the morning too just to make sure we're on the same page.

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2012, 09:10 AM
aka Amanda

Puppy Exam

Update - I lucked out and was able to reschedule my appointment for Saturday, 15 December, which is the day after we bring him home! Our vet is only offers Saturday appointments once a month, so it really is luucky that they happened to be open that day and have appointments available. We'll establish a vaccination schedule from there, but I'd like to take the Jean Dodd's approach whenever possible.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 12-03-2012, 09:18 AM
aka Shelby

that is fantastic! WE were able to reschedule Peaches' appointment to Monday which is the day after we get her too so now we are getting her this Sunday instead of next! I'm really excited and freaking out all at the same time!!
Yes, I'm going to follow our breeder's advice too. I'm happy because our vet is really liberal with her thinking so I think we'll mesh well.

Kitty taking her bird for a joyride....
Old 12-03-2012, 09:29 AM
aka Amanda

Quote:
that is fantastic! WE were able to reschedule Peaches' appointment to Monday which is the day after we get her too so now we are getting her this Sunday instead of next! I'm really excited and freaking out all at the same time!!
Yes, I'm going to follow our breeder's advice too. I'm happy because our vet is really liberal with her thinking so I think we'll mesh well.

Aww yay I'm glad Peaches is coming home a little sooner. Ugh, I have a feeling this week is going to DRAG by for both of us! And sadly I am now totally stocked up on puppy items, I just need to pick up his first bag of food. I'm sure we'll stop and get more puppy toys on the way home, we can never have too many of those!
Old 12-03-2012, 09:37 AM
Aka Meg

So excited to see all your pups soon!!!

Libby's Mom, Meg
The Following User Says Thank You to Libby Louise For This Useful Post:
MillionsofPeaches (12-03-2012)
Old 12-03-2012, 12:57 PM
aka Shelby

ha ha, I just got our first bag of food and treats and deliberately walked way past the toy aisle! We have a lot of those!

Old 12-03-2012, 02:00 PM

I wish we had Thelma Lou this week-the weather is so gorgeous-we could do lots of playing out in the yard!
Instead, I'm trying hard to get all the extended family gifts mailed off so there will be no waiting in post office lines when she is home. Hmmm-I wonder if we could bring her with us to the post office....
The oys are pushing hard to bring her home next Monday. It's before our crazy-busy weekend, but we do have some down days Mon-Thurs. The biggest downside is that my hubby will be out of town then, and of course the nutty weekend following.....
I texted the breeder. We'll see what she says about it...and maybe we'll go visit her tomorrow and play outside with her there. (The puppy, not the breeder...)
Old 12-03-2012, 06:29 PM
aka Shelby

You know, if you got a crate, I think leaving her alone would be fine. I was talking to my breeder and she doesn't think that Peaches will be sleeping in it at night cause we will be cuddling her. BUT she wouldn't want us to leave her in the house while we were gone without the crate. She made an excellent point. She said that we don't want to be watching her 24/7 in the house. She said it is important that we put her in the crate and leave the house so she doesn't develop separation issues from me being right by her side all the time in the beginning. And that is so true. I cannot stand those dogs that bark all day long when their owners leave them. I want her to be independent and relaxed in her crate while I go to the store or go for a run.
Perhaps you should get the crate and then pick her up this weekend and she'll get used to being in it while you are busy that weekend. Just an idea.

Old 12-03-2012, 10:13 PM

Quote:
You know, if you got a crate, I think leaving her alone would be fine. I was talking to my breeder and she doesn't think that Peaches will be sleeping in it at night cause we will be cuddling her. BUT she wouldn't want us to leave her in the house while we were gone without the crate. She made an excellent point. She said that we don't want to be watching her 24/7 in the house. She said it is important that we put her in the crate and leave the house so she doesn't develop separation issues from me being right by her side all the time in the beginning. And that is so true. I cannot stand those dogs that bark all day long when their owners leave them. I want her to be independent and relaxed in her crate while I go to the store or go for a run.
Perhaps you should get the crate and then pick her up this weekend and she'll get used to being in it while you are busy that weekend. Just an idea.
That is a really good point. Kind of like with human babies!
I didn't hear back from the breeder today. She may not have gotten my text-I'll give her a call tomorrow. I am so busy this week I can hardly breathe. In fact, I am considering, with great consternation, going to the commissary and buying German Lebkuchen to take to the cookie exchange I have to go to tomorrow night, rather than baking...pathetic.

I'd like to just skip ahead to having Thelma Lou and all of us sitting around playing with her, listening to Christmas carols, and staying HOME.

Last edited by Barneysgirl; 12-04-2012 at 02:00 PM.
Old 12-04-2012, 07:36 AM

Goin to see the pups this afternoon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement