Goldens Born on October 2012 - Page 7 - Golden Retrievers : Golden Retriever Dog Forums

GoldenRetrieverForum.com is the premier Golden Retriever Dog Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2012, 08:35 PM
aka Shelby

yeah per our contract we have to bring her to a vet within 72 hours. She won't be getting any shots or anything but it is part of our agreement. I will probably chip her while I'm there.
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2012, 08:43 PM
aka Amanda

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillionsofPeaches View Post
yeah per our contract we have to bring her to a vet within 72 hours. She won't be getting any shots or anything but it is part of our agreement. I will probably chip her while I'm there.
Oh if she will have had no shots at all, I think I'd try and move up the appointment too! Good idea on the microchip. My vet is offering a Christmas special on microchips this month, half off! Great timing for us!

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 12-01-2012, 09:32 PM
aka Shelby

do you guys not have to bring yours to a vet within a certain time frame after picking up your pup? I thought that was pretty standard with breeders. I know it is the way it is around here.
Old 12-01-2012, 09:34 PM
aka Shelby

No, wait, I think I confused you. She will have had all her shots and stuff via the breeder and her vet. She won't need shots at our vet but as part of the contract she must see my vet within a time frame of picking her up. If not I think it voids our contract. So I have to make sure I can bump my appt up early so that I can adhere to our contract but it has nothing to do with the need to get her shots. She will already have those.
LoveisGolden88 (12-02-2012)
Old 12-02-2012, 12:02 AM

What a fun day for both of you! The puppies are gorgeous-I'm so excited for you at the idea dog bringing them home early!
I decided to spend the day Christmas shopping rather than with the puppies, although I did pick up some cute stocking stuffers for Thelma Lou (she's getting more Christmas presents than any of the children at this point). I hope we can go visit her on Monday. In hindsight, the breeder probably would have preferred we came today when everyone else has visiting hours (not at the same time, just most who visit come on the weekend).
We have the same contractural requirement with our breeder regarding the vet. That's a good idea about just going ahead and getting her micro-chipped since you're there anyway.
Peaches and Mr. No-Name are very lucky to be going to such excited, loving families. And I'm glad I will have someone to commiserate with in a couple weeks when I am sleep-deprived!
Thanks for sharing the pics-
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Barneysgirl For This Useful Post:
LoveisGolden88 (12-02-2012), MillionsofPeaches (12-02-2012)
Old 12-02-2012, 08:09 AM
aka Amanda

Quote:
do you guys not have to bring yours to a vet within a certain time frame after picking up your pup? I thought that was pretty standard with breeders. I know it is the way it is around here.
Yes per our contract it's supposed to be within 5 days of picking him up. However, our breeder said he'd make an exception because our puppy will have been to the vet for shots/deworming the day before we bring him home. I may still take him to the vet within that timeframe for an exam just to be safe, but he should not need shots or deworming until I've had him for two weeks or so.

Sorry if this was confusing, it's all new to me!

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 12-02-2012, 08:17 AM
aka Amanda

Hmm well now I'm second guessing myself about waiting so long for a checkup. What if I bring him home and something happens over Christmas when we can't get to a vet? I'm thinking I might make him a second, earlier, appointment too, just to be safe.

Old 12-02-2012, 01:44 PM
Love walks on four paws

Thanked 3,300 Times in 1,716 Posts
Quote:
First your pup is adorable....

We have 72 hours from pick up to have ours vet checked..unless of course it's a weekend or holiday. We pick up Dec 27th and have our apt scheduled for the 28th. It is pretty common, at least with all the breeders I know.

Our breeder also does first shots, worming and she microchips all her pups at 6wks of age. So we will go for our well check up and then a week or so later for her booster and then another booster and I am going to wait as long as I can for rabies....
Old 12-02-2012, 07:02 PM
aka Shelby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayve View Post
First your pup is adorable....

We have 72 hours from pick up to have ours vet checked..unless of course it's a weekend or holiday. We pick up Dec 27th and have our apt scheduled for the 28th. It is pretty common, at least with all the breeders I know.

Our breeder also does first shots, worming and she microchips all her pups at 6wks of age. So we will go for our well check up and then a week or so later for her booster and then another booster and I am going to wait as long as I can for rabies....
Yes, this is how it is for us too. Well, except for the chip. And my breeder has recommended a slower vaccine rate as well. I trust my breeder immensely and will do whatever she tells me.
Old 12-02-2012, 07:05 PM
aka Shelby

Amanda, I would bring your dog in. It doesn't have anything to do with the vaccines. What if there is something wrong with him? I trust my breeder and her vet but I also have to protect my interests as well. So I want to do exactly what my contract says so that it is a solid one. I know you said your breeder would make an exception but man, do you really want to have to deal with all that if something did come up?
LoveisGolden88 (12-02-2012)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement