Goldens Born on October 2012 - Page 40 - Golden Retrievers : Golden Retriever Dog Forums

GoldenRetrieverForum.com is the premier Golden Retriever Dog Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2013, 02:14 PM
aka Shelby

awww hey y'all! Welcome Caesar and Molson! What cute boys!

Thelma Lou is sure growing big!

We've been super busy with all things dog lately. last two weekends I've been to dog shows and in between tons of dog training. Not to mention my kids, house, husband and so forth!

Today peaches is 17 weeks and she had to make a trip to the vet. They weighed her in at 30.1 pounds. She cut her muzzle on a barbed wire fence in the woods we go to. They had to shave her muzzle about a dime size and glued the cut together. No biggie and she doesn't seem to care at all. I love our vet, I literally drove straight there after the woods and she looked at it.

Peaches is doing really well. Potty really clicked for her now. She hasn't had an accident in a long time. She doesn't sleep in the crate at night anymore either. We're going on five days but no night time accidents. She hasn't had an accident in the night before this so we were just testing it out. We block off our bedroom with a gate though, so she can't just go roaming the house. She and Kat basically just sleep together. She also climbs in bed with us by jumping up on an ottoman next to the bed. She licks us to death when she needs to go out in the morning. So cute.

oh, she graduated puppy kindergarten Tuesday and even did her leave it trick for the class so I was super proud of her her. She can stay now and has pretty good recall. We have her enrolled in the obedience class that Kat is in currently, but it starts after Kat is done. She loves crazy athletic things and she does all kinds of daredevil things like sliding down the playground slides over and over again WET so she'll haul butt faster. The only thing she doesn't do yet is swim. She can, I know this because she slipped, but is not interested in going in deeper than her chest, meanwhile Kat is a swimming fool! Hopefully with time she'll get over her nerves.

Anyway, I hope all of you are doing great! I would love to hear more from you all!

Kitty taking her bird for a joyride....
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2013, 05:22 PM
aka Shelby

Here is a cute video of Peaches today. She loves loves loves sliding! Especially when she is wet!
Peaches loves to slide - YouTube

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
The Following User Says Thank You to MillionsofPeaches For This Useful Post:
njoyqd (02-15-2013)
Old 02-15-2013, 07:01 PM

Cute video! What a hoot!
Dale
The Following User Says Thank You to njoyqd For This Useful Post:
MillionsofPeaches (02-21-2013)
Old 02-16-2013, 04:28 PM
Aka Meg

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillionsofPeaches View Post
awww hey y'all! Welcome Caesar and Molson! What cute boys!

Thelma Lou is sure growing big!

We've been super busy with all things dog lately. last two weekends I've been to dog shows and in between tons of dog training. Not to mention my kids, house, husband and so forth!

Today peaches is 17 weeks and she had to make a trip to the vet. They weighed her in at 30.1 pounds. She cut her muzzle on a barbed wire fence in the woods we go to. They had to shave her muzzle about a dime size and glued the cut together. No biggie and she doesn't seem to care at all. I love our vet, I literally drove straight there after the woods and she looked at it.

Peaches is doing really well. Potty really clicked for her now. She hasn't had an accident in a long time. She doesn't sleep in the crate at night anymore either. We're going on five days but no night time accidents. She hasn't had an accident in the night before this so we were just testing it out. We block off our bedroom with a gate though, so she can't just go roaming the house. She and Kat basically just sleep together. She also climbs in bed with us by jumping up on an ottoman next to the bed. She licks us to death when she needs to go out in the morning. So cute.

oh, she graduated puppy kindergarten Tuesday and even did her leave it trick for the class so I was super proud of her her. She can stay now and has pretty good recall. We have her enrolled in the obedience class that Kat is in currently, but it starts after Kat is done. She loves crazy athletic things and she does all kinds of daredevil things like sliding down the playground slides over and over again WET so she'll haul butt faster. The only thing she doesn't do yet is swim. She can, I know this because she slipped, but is not interested in going in deeper than her chest, meanwhile Kat is a swimming fool! Hopefully with time she'll get over her nerves.

Anyway, I hope all of you are doing great! I would love to hear more from you all!

Last week at 18 weeks Libby weighed 33 lbs. I will find out tonight at 19 weeks what she weighs. I have to go to my in-laws house to weigh her because I don't own a scale!!! LOL For good reasons.... I gained like 7 lbs. this winter. Anyways, Libby is doing well. I can't wait for spring so I can really get outside and run/walk with the dogs. I have been so bad about training loose leash. So Libby still pulls like crazy. :/ Thinking about getting a gentle leader for her. What are your walking experiences? Probably great because you are all in puppy classes right?

Also...

I sent pictures of Libby to the breeder today and she sent back a picture of Libby's brother Rio (the breeder kept one) She said he is 52lbs!!!!!!!!!!!

He looked mammoth in her picture. I think the other pups from her litter are just as big from pictures I've seen. Maybe we aren't feeding as much or she really is just the smallest in the litter.

We feed about 2.5 cups a day plus treats.(From the amount she poops you'd think we were feeding her a TON)

Anyways, I love all your pups and I love checking in to see how they are all doing

Libby's Mom, Meg
Old 02-17-2013, 08:53 PM
Missing Allie -

My new girl - Bailey was born October 20, 2012 and gotcha day was yesterday. We had a great day yesterday - we drove 2 1/2 hours from BC back to Issaquah.
She had a great time with her big sister, Allie and rode in the back seat and was excellent considering her age. I couldn't get the kennel in the back of my car.
She is doing great - pottying outside - walking on a leash - however bounding at times. She is socialized well and just a sweetie!
Oops - my avatar is the new pup - Bailey - not a great pic but gives you an idea - I'm going to try and get Allie and Bailey together!
Old 02-18-2013, 01:57 PM
Missing Allie -

So I took Bailey out for a walk with Allie on one of those double swivel leashes. Allie is a service dog and an excellent calm dog. On the way into town Bailey was all over the place - wandering all over - I kept using the word 'heel' and of course Allie heeled very well and the double leash helped me control Bailey. Allie helped keep Bailey in line.
On the way back I shortened the lead on Bailey and kept using the word "heel" and Bailey was totally awesome. When I stopped I told her to 'sit' and Bailey sat! I am so amazed at how smart Bailey is.
I really feel that Allie is a good trainer for Bailey and of course I think the investment in the double swivel leash was good too!
Old 02-18-2013, 09:12 PM

Hi everyone! Life has had a way of just moving on, doesn't it? I feel like I haven't had any time to check in here at all lately.
Shelby, I LOVE the video of Peaches sliding-that is so cute! And Meg, your girl is just a petite one, I guess-kinda of like Thelma Lou.
Welcome to Bailey! Can't wait to hear more about her! Our puppy has the same birthdate.

A quick update on us: Thelma Lou had her shots today and she weighed 27 lbs. She is 17 weeks and 2 days. We are glad to get these shots done because now (well, in 10 days) she is off house-arrest and can go to the track with us and the parks and such!
We took her out in the woods last weekend, to a land-navigation course here. She had SO much fun, bounding over fallen branches and weaving around big tufts of grass. She had a huge grin on her face. She got so tired that she came to me and whined on our way back to the car so I could pick her up and carry her-first time she's ever done that.
And then there was even more excitement because we had a little snow. An afternoon of snow, to be precise. That was a whole new set of thrills!
Meg, we do still struggle with her pulling on walks-mostly if she sees a squirrel or bird, or leaf, or cool stick, or another dog, or some smelly garbage, or a mirage.
Ok, all the time.
The one thing that gives me hope is that occasionally when there is a person passing by (across the street-hasn't happened up close yet) she will sit when I tell her and wait till they pass. Her little bottom just wiggles the entire time and her tail is wagging like crazy but she stays in a sit. She doesn't do it every time, but often enough that I have hope she will be a "good citizen" one day....

I've looked at the gentle leaders, too, I think I will wait until she's bigger, though. She small enough still that she's manageable.
Today she met a 13-week old German shepherd puppy at the vet. His name was Zeus and he was gorgeous. He was as big as she is and his paws and ears were MUCH bigger. They liked each other. It was actually good for her because usually she spends the entire time in the waiting room trying to get the other people to pet her, but today she was distracted sniffing and watching Zeus.
She does have an "issue" who getting her belly rubbed. You can hardly ever pet her without her flopping over in her back and spreading her legs. Not the most lady-like behavior. ;-)

The rest of our life is boring. Just busy.

I think we all need to put up new pictures!
Old 02-19-2013, 11:06 AM
Missing Allie -

So now we just cleared night three with Bailey. I read some great information here about teething and about soaking a wet washcloth with chicken broth and freezing it. Bailey had cried through the first hour and I gave up on the crate.
Last night I used the frozen washcloth with the chicken broth and made sure she pottyed outside with number one - took up the water one hour before bedtime moved the kennel away from the bedroom - and Bailey slept through the night. She was very happy this morning and pottyed first thing outside and was awake when I went to get her. I love the website dogdailystar.com !!
Relieved!
Old 02-19-2013, 12:12 PM
aka Shelby

Glad to meet Bailey!
It sounds like Thelma is doing great. She has a busy active life I tried the gentle leader and it does help but it was annoying to me for some reason. I guess I like a sleep lead that I can just stick on them and go. I use a rope kind.
As far as getting her to walk on the leash without pulling. She won't pull on her own but she does pull when she is "competing" with Katniss to be in front. BUT if I give her a tug she'll slow down for a small while and then she starts pulling again.
So I just keep tugging and occasionally I'll give her a treat on the left side next to my knee to remind her to stay there.
I also learned "easy" and "hurry" in Kat's class and I taught peaches that. It is so easy to do just run and say hurry and slow down and say easy. They pick it up fast. So when she is pulling sometimes I say easy and she'll slow wayyyy down.
I agree, it is annoying with the pulling but I'm sure eventually they will do better.

Oh btw how many teeth are falling out? I noticed that Peaches has lost a lot of teeth and she has a mouth full of holes! She never went through any crazy chewing phase so I just happened to look in her mouth and there were all the holes! Maybe (hopefully not though) She'll chew more when the molars are coming in?
she also just got super affectionate with us. Like getting all in our faces to give snuggles. We love it!

Old 02-20-2013, 03:33 PM

Shelby, we actually pulled one of Thelma Lou's teeth yesterday. We were looking in there and half a dozen or so were just hanging all wonky so we decided to see if one would come out. Sure enough, right into my hand. Then that afternoon we noticed she had lost a few more. Not the infamous canines yet-the vet says closer to 8 months for those?
Here's the picture of the day, taken after her tutoring session. We had a good lesson today-worked on greeting people when they come to the door. She did well at the time, but our neighbor kid just came over and she was like, forget that good behavior stuff! I've got to jump on him and I'm POSITIVE he wants to pet me! :-/ Baby steps.....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	584.9 KB
ID:	149938  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement