Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

Goldens Born on October 2012

57K views 614 replies 38 participants last post by  Ernie D 
#1 ·
Dog Dog breed Canidae Mammal Golden retriever

Born first week of October. Please excuse his eyes, I was trying to capture a good shot while he was in the middle of playing with his chew toy.

Hi! We are new to this forum. We just got this adorable pup today and look forward to many happy years together :)

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App

See less See more
#111 ·
Everyone here is just thrilled about Thelma Lou. Such a relief. Thanks for all your sweet words.

But those pics of Libby are scrumptious! I absolutely love her!

What exactly are the days Peaches and the little guy are coming home? We are leaning more towards next Monday, especially now after our little scare. We'd just like to have her home with us. I forgot to tell you we dropped a little stuffed toy off with Thelma Lou when we visited. So we can bring home something that smells like her litter when she comes.
She was so cute-she pranced around the yard carrying a leaf like she was queen of the land, then picked up the stuffed elephant, which is about as big as her, and did the same thing. Pure cuteness.

#112 ·
Oh LL is just so precious, I love her fuzzy fur!! I love our little group here. It is so nice, you guys are great and it will be fun to watch our pups grow together! I do think you are the only one with a boy!
Peaches is coming home on Sunday. I don't blame you wanting to bring TL home early now. I'd want that too.
That is funny about her elephant. I brought a lamb over but our breeder had already bought these cute storks that she is putting with the pups and mommies so I just took the lamb home, ha ha. I can't wait to go get Peaches. It is killing me, I dream about her all night long. It is so weird. I dreamt about my kids when I was pregnant too. I guess it is the same thing.
Is anyone interested in any kind of sports or training for your pups? I'm really loving watching agility and thinking it is so cool. I would love to do that with my Peaches and cream!

#113 ·
Well, it's a done deal. Picking her up Monday afternoon, vet scheduled for Thursday. The breeder was so genuinely happy we are still taking her. She said she couldn't imagine someone else taking her-the boys have loved her so much. And her name fits her personality. :)
So the countdown is on.....

#114 ·
Our little boy is coming home next Friday the 14th! I think about him constantly too. I've never had kids but this is probably what having a kid feels like lol. We think he looks like a Charlie. We'll know for sure when we pick him up and my boyfriend meets the puppy for the first time :)

As far as training, we are enrolled in puppy kindergarten classes starting January 13th. I'm really excited to get some professional help with training! This will be my first puppy so I have a lot to learn. From there, my long term goal is to get involved with therapy work. My grandfather spent about 6 months in hospital last year fighting necrotizing fasciitis (flesh eating bacteria), so I have a huge soft spot for anyone who has to spend extended time at a hospital. Therapy work feels like a small way to improve their quality of life and to give our dog a job!

#120 ·
Our little boy is coming home next Friday the 14th! I think about him constantly too. I've never had kids but this is probably what having a kid feels like lol. We think he looks like a Charlie. We'll know for sure when we pick him up and my boyfriend meets the puppy for the first time :)

I adore the name Charlie for a pup. And it happens to be my hubbies name LOL

So maybe I'm partial ;)

#115 ·
Amanda, that is so awesome about the therapy dog. I was thinking about that as well. We have Peaches enrolled in puppy kinder on the 8th of January so we can compare! This training place does it all from conformation to obedience to therapy and agility so we will see what suits Peaches and get her into that. I find it very exciting!
And yes this is just like having kids!

#117 ·
I think those of us bringing pups home next week should be trying to bank some sleep while we can. ;)

Amanda, we just moved from near Annapolis this summer. Too bad-we could have arranged a play date! :)

That's awesome, where were you living in Maryland? We're down in Calvert County.

Also, check out my snazzy new signature/ticker! I feel so accomplished haha :D

#121 ·
Yesterday my next door neighbor offered to let us borrow their crate. They have a boxer and aren't using it at all. I'm so thankful because we have been debating whether to get a big crate and block part off or get a smaller crate to see if this was even something Thelma Lou would like and now we have some time to see!
My running buddy is letting us borrow their gate thingy. I put it up in the kitchen yesterday so the cats could get used to having it around.

All of our neighbors are just as excited about the puppy as we are. I think it's because my 9yo keeps giving everyone updates. :)

Today he'll wake up, and before he opens his advent calendar, he'll announce the countdown for Thelma Lou. This whole Chriatmas thing is secondary this year. ;) Not really, but it's cute to see them more excited about bringing her home than presents. Even our college girl calls for updates on her. Getting close....

I'm going to try and whip up some little burlap stockings I saw on Pinterest. I was going to buy her one, but then I thought I'd just make matching stockings for TL and the cats. And I can line them with some cute print so they're animalized (as opposed to personalized).

Going for a run, then picking up Santa suit for the battalion Christmas party, making dinner for a family in the unit, children's Christmas pageant practice at church tonight. I think that's it. You all?

Meg, I'm sorry to hear about your grandmother. I hope the service is nice and you have a good weekend with your family.

#123 ·
Barney's girl, I'm glad you were able to get a crate loaned to you! That is wonderful!

I know what you mean about Christmas playing second fiddle. Our kids don't talk at all about Christmas, its only about Peaches. Our neighbors are excited too. My 8th grader has friends lined up ready to come visit.

On a side note---my husband's class all met with the branch manager and it is secured; we stay here after his school is over! No moving for five years! I'm so happy, we haven't been in one house this long. ever. So everything we hoped for, worked out. Now, if he can just finish the math portion of the course…ha ha!

#124 ·
On a side note---my husband's class all met with the branch manager and it is secured; we stay here after his school is over! No moving for five years! I'm so happy, we haven't been in one house this long. ever. So everything we hoped for, worked out. Now, if he can just finish the math portion of the course…ha ha!
That's awesome! We are hoping to stay here a good long while, too. My husband was the branch manager for a while and I keep hoping it means we'll have a little "in" with the new guy. ;) We did get offered another year in this job so that's already a good start! :)

Of course, you know that means you're going to accumulate wayyy too much stuff and be sorry when you do move...... ;)

#125 ·
ha ha, yeah, I bet so. Always living in Germany I had tiny houses and never bought a lot of stuff. In this house we've already bought a second living area set, lol.

That would be great if you guys get to stay there longer! So funny, when we were there for the Q course we hated it so much. We hoped so much he wouldn't be assigned there. It seems like Bragg is either a love or hate place.

#127 ·
well, the school was a nice break and we had lots of good friends. It was just the town, it just didn't appeal to us. Thank God for friends, it wouldn't have been terrible, lol. But then again, we are ok here and most people hate "disgusta" LMAO!!! It was amazing there were so many people that put things on their wish list that we'd never put on ours and vice versa. Everyone has their own idea of happiness :)

#136 ·
Any word on if the pick up is still on for tomorrow?

We decided today that Thelma Lou has to have a Christmas collar. We spent half the afternoon going from store to store looking for one and came home empty handed! Well, not completely empty-handed (we can always find SOMETHING to buy for her...), but without a Christmas collar. There were lots of Christmas clothes and toys but no collars. Hmph.
I think I'll look on Amazon.

#139 ·
Yes, our breeder just sent us an email. WE are getting her tomorrow! She also sent her seven week photo and titled it brat cause she isn't smiling. She is such a diva, it is so funny!
I can't believe it is finally happening!!

And Dallas Gold, wow, I'm so excited for you. What a fuzzy buddle of sweetness. I'm glad you are in our October group!!

#141 ·
Yay for new pups coming home!
Dallasgold-I LOVE those pictures! What a gorgeous puppy! And a busy day! I bet you will all get some sleep tonight!

And I can hardly wait to hear about Peaches' homecoming tomorrow!

We are finally getting our tree tomorrow and the next day is Thelma Lou gotcha day! Today we drove by the turn for the breeder's, and it was all we could do to not just drive out and squeeze a quick visit in. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.