Goldens Born on October 2012 - Page 32 - Golden Retrievers : Golden Retriever Dog Forums

GoldenRetrieverForum.com is the premier Golden Retriever Dog Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2013, 08:56 AM

Yes, Dug and Gretzky are siblings! I'm excited to see that you're on here! How is your new addition doing? Gretzky looks like she has become darker already, I think Dug has too, but it's hard to tell because I see him every day. How much does Gretzky weigh now? We have a vet app today, I think Dug is about 15lbs now.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2013, 12:26 PM

How fun, Autumn2011!! These forums are great.

Gretzky is still pretty light; the 2nd pic is off color. I'm not a great photographer! :-/

Last night he got his 2nd round of distemper vaccine and he weighs 16 pounds. Big boy! He (unexpectedly) met a giant black lab in the lobby and did so well.

He has a cyst on his eye that we think will need to be removed sooner than expected. He does not overtly seem bothered by it but there is some redness. We see the opthamologist on Saturday and will have more info then. I've learned so much about canine eye anatomy!

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com App
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 01-08-2013, 12:56 PM

Hi again! Oops, I thought Gretzky was a girl, my bad. Sorry to hear about Gretzky's eye issue, I hope it's an easy fix and something that when it's gone, it's gone for good. We've had a few puzzling issues with Dug:

http://www.goldenretrieverforum.com/...urination.html (Hypersalivating/increased urination)

We're about to head out to the vet for his distemper shot, and a urine test to determine if he has a u.t.i. Last Saturday Dug weighed 14.9, but he hadn't been eating that great because he was under the weather. Did you keep Gretzky on the Fromm food or change, and if you changed, what did you switch to?

Does Gretzky fall asleep with toys in his mouth? Dug is quite quirky, we joking call him "Trash Puppy" because he insists in sleeping behind the trash can, wedged in between the kitchen cart, the trash can and the wall, on the cold, hard tile floor.......he has many fluffy blankets, a bed and a cozy crate, he does use them sometimes, but it seems his favorite spot is by the trash.

So glad you found me!
Old 01-08-2013, 03:19 PM
aka Amanda

Aww, the new pups are so cute! And I love the name Dug - Up is one of my favorite movies! Charlie is doing better all the time. It blows my mind to think he's only been with us 3.5 weeks. He's already sleeping through the night (sometimes 8-9 hours) and its been at least 3 or 4 days since I cleaned up a potty mess in the house!

We start puppy kindergarten and I'm really curious to see how Charlie does. I've found that when he's acting up, he instantly turns into an obedient little angel if given a command. I can't wait to teach him more! Here's a pic of Charlie practicing his sit last night:

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByPG Free1357676350.850297.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	182.5 KB
ID:	126081

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
Old 01-08-2013, 04:01 PM

@LoveisGolden, Charlie has such a pretty sit! Good boy!! I bet he'll have fun at class.

Gretzky also loves to sleep "hidden" behind things. He does sleep just fine in his crate at night though.

We've continued feeding the Fromm Gold puppy food; he seems to do well on it. We use Kongs and feed every 2-3 hours depending on his play / nap schedule.

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com App
The Following User Says Thank You to gretzky For This Useful Post:
LoveisGolden88 (01-08-2013)
Old 01-08-2013, 04:11 PM
aka Shelby

Amanda is it today? Tonight Peaches starts her puppy kindergarten! I'm so excited but nervous. Peaches is a naughty girl. Her face shows that she is always spinning something naughty to do. I hope she is good in class. Her brother is going to be in there too, and I don't want him to show her up! LOL
Charlie's face is so adorable!!!
Old 01-08-2013, 04:43 PM

Oh, I wish we were starting tonight! Thelma Lou needs some competent instruction! We can't start her for a little while, though, because of all the Parvo in this area. But I found someone I am really excited about-they train military working dogs and rescue dogs. We don't really plan on doing that with Thelma Lou, but I like their methods and I really like the owner. She makes me feel comfortable. It's more "real world" training, too, which I like. And which is good for her, since little Miss Two-Teeth is not showable.
I saw on another thread, that someone measured their dog's height at the withers. I measured Thelma Lou at her withers (yes, I looked up what that meant) and she is 13.5 inches. I checked a growth chart and seemed on the shorter side of average. She was the smallest puppy in the litter, so I guess that's normal. What gets me, though, is that she looks SO TALL. I think it's because she's all legs? And her fur is a bit shorter. Her litter mates all were fluffier than her. I'd be so curious to see what they look like now. I should call the breeder and see if there is anyone local with one of the puppies

Have lots of fun at class tonight, Shelby! And be sure to check back in and tell us all about it. And give me hope there is an obedient little puppy inside this naughty thing somewhere....
Old 01-08-2013, 05:02 PM
aka Shelby

ok what is the withers? I looked it up kind of and I got so confused I said ugh. I think it was from the feet to the top of the shoulder blades???

And our friend trained their dog military style though he is a pet and he is the sweetest! Remember Peaches is no show dog either with her bent tail tip. I love the Under"dog"
Old 01-08-2013, 05:15 PM
aka Shelby

Ok, I'm thinking I'm doing it right but who knows. She was 14.75 when I did it as bed as I can I can. She is a squirmy little thing and Matt held her steady while I had the treat so she'd reach her neck forward for me to get her withers height. LOL. What a mess she is!
Old 01-08-2013, 05:18 PM

Yes, that's what I read. I also read that it is easiest to stand them next to a wall and mark on the wall the top of the shoulders. Then you don't have to measure a wriggling little puppy. We weighed her today, too, and it came up 16lbs. She is 11 weeks, 3 days.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement