Goldens Born on October 2012 - Page 30 - Golden Retrievers : Golden Retriever Dog Forums

GoldenRetrieverForum.com is the premier Golden Retriever Dog Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2013, 08:40 PM
Aka Meg

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillionsofPeaches View Post
don't you love my hand around her throat forcing her to look at the camera? LOL, so funny to me! I didn't hurt her and just noticed it after the fact…

Haha I had to do that same thing to get Libby to stay in front of the camera. I woke her up to take the picture. LOL hence her sleepy eyes.
Attached Images

Libby's Mom, Meg
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-04-2013, 09:16 PM

I love seeing all your faces!! And your puppy's faces, too. pretty bunch of ladies we have with these October babies...
This is a picture someone took a while back. I'll have to get someone to take a new one, maybe this weekend. Thelma Lou is much bigger now-I'm also bigger after the holidays, but I didn't QUITE double my weight like she did....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	773.5 KB
ID:	124441  
Old 01-04-2013, 11:50 PM
Aka Meg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barneysgirl View Post
I love seeing all your faces!! And your puppy's faces, too. pretty bunch of ladies we have with these October babies...
This is a picture someone took a while back. I'll have to get someone to take a new one, maybe this weekend. Thelma Lou is much bigger now-I'm also bigger after the holidays, but I didn't QUITE double my weight like she did....
Hahaha that comment made me laugh out loud.

Its so great seeing you all!!

I wish I had a scale so I could compare her weight with your pups. But I'm thinking at 13 weeks she's around 20-25 lbs. I have no idea if thats average or not. She looks like she will be a big girl but you never know when they will have their growth spurts and then stop growing. I hoping for my sake as "Poop Scooper" that she isnt enormous....if you catch my drift

Libby's Mom, Meg
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 01-05-2013, 07:02 AM
aka Shelby

oh wow I agree you guys are all so pretty!!! Libby is so big compared to all our pups. I weighed Peaches last night (rather my husband did so I didn't have to get on the scale at night, muhahaha) and she has gained even MORE! She was an even 18 pounds! I wonder if this is a growth period for them and that is why Libby is so big, because she is two weeks older? At this rate none of us are going to be able to carry her much longer, ha ha!
And yes, Peaches' poos are already getting bigger and stinkier! Just said that this morning after I picked one up!

Kitty taking her bird for a joyride....
Old 01-05-2013, 09:32 AM
Aka Meg

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillionsofPeaches View Post
oh wow I agree you guys are all so pretty!!! Libby is so big compared to all our pups. I weighed Peaches last night (rather my husband did so I didn't have to get on the scale at night, muhahaha) and she has gained even MORE! She was an even 18 pounds! I wonder if this is a growth period for them and that is why Libby is so big, because she is two weeks older? At this rate none of us are going to be able to carry her much longer, ha ha!
And yes, Peaches' poos are already getting bigger and stinkier! Just said that this morning after I picked one up!
From what I can tell with other goldens on the forums, puppies grow the most in the early months. Here's a growth chart I found from a female golden on this site. I think her growth looks pretty average so its what I am comparing Libby too.

2 months: 15 lbs
3 months: 29 lbs
4 months: 39 lbs
5 months: 45 lbs
6 months: 50 lbs
7 months: 55 lbs
8 months: 57 lbs
Full grown 65-70 lbs.

Libby's Mom, Meg
Old 01-05-2013, 10:16 AM
aka Shelby

oh that is great! Peaches is 11.5 weeks and 18 pounds. So she is smaller when compared to the three months but that could be anywhere in three months range, I guess.
I was worried about Katniss though because everyone posted much smaller rates for their pooches in the other forum. She was weighed at 57.7 at the vet on the 28th. She had just turned nine months on the 20th. She is solid muscle and the vet said she looked perfect, but she was heavier in comparison to even some of the males on here. That chart you posted she is just perfect too. The breeder said she should be around the same size as her mamma who is around 62 pounds.

Old 01-05-2013, 10:17 AM

I took two pictures this morning which I think show Thelma Lou's size on a scale. I can't get them to post together so I'll have to do them separately. The first is by the back door. You can tell how tall she is.

Darn, it's sideways....sorry...
Attached Thumbnails

Views:	16
Size:	211.8 KB
ID:	124561  
Old 01-05-2013, 10:24 AM

This is where we found her after we finished doing the breakfast dishes. Apparently she's able to jump onto the furniture now.....
Attached Thumbnails

Views:	17
Size:	495.4 KB
ID:	124569  
Old 01-05-2013, 12:02 PM
aka Shelby

She really is all legs! Every woman's dream! ha ha!!
She also looks more furry standing up like that. She is going to be a very beautiful dog!

Old 01-05-2013, 05:59 PM
Aka Meg

I weighed Libby today and she is 25 lbs! Which I think is pretty normal. I think Peaches is perfect size! She might turn out to be on the smaller side. Which is nice

And Thelma Lou is just DARLING!!! I love her little petite body. I feel like Libby still has a puppy pot belly. LOL

When are you guys thinking about increasing their food? Libby gets 2 cups a day plus some treats for training. I'm wondering when I should start giving her more food.

Libby's Mom, Meg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement