Goldens Born on October 2012 - Page 3 - Golden Retrievers : Golden Retriever Dog Forums

GoldenRetrieverForum.com is the premier Golden Retriever Dog Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2012, 08:47 AM
aka Shelby

yes, it was my first time with puppies when we visited last week. They were 4 + weeks old and they were too cute! I even laid down and let them lick me to death. I'm glad you get to go and visit, take lots and lots of pictures!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
The Following User Says Thank You to MillionsofPeaches For This Useful Post:
LoveisGolden88 (11-22-2012)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-22-2012, 07:23 PM
Aka Meg

We are going to get Libby Lou tomorrow!!!! The breeder said she is doing great with potty training and that she is the most playful curious one out of the bunch!!!

So excited! Wish us luck!

Meg

Libby's Mom, Meg
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 11-22-2012, 07:52 PM
aka Shelby

take pictures, I can't wait to see them! Have fun!
Old 11-22-2012, 08:47 PM
aka Amanda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libby Louise View Post
We are going to get Libby Lou tomorrow!!!! The breeder said she is doing great with potty training and that she is the most playful curious one out of the bunch!!!

So excited! Wish us luck!

Meg
Ahhhh so exciting! Welcome home libby!

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
Old 11-22-2012, 09:03 PM
Loki's Mum

Hunter is a great name. My husband & I went through hundreds of dog names on the internet, & we couldn't agree on a single one. Whatever I liked, he didn't, & vice versa. We have always got two sibling puppies at the same time, in the past, & he named his pup & I named mine. Wow ...it was difficult. It came to the day before we were due to pick him up from the breeder, & we still had not agreed upon a name. We have had Maremmas in the past, & our beautiful boy was named Thor, Viking God of Thunder, & he had a bark like thunder! So we decided at last that we would call our new baby a Viking God name, & finally found one that we both loved ....Loki ...Viking God of Mischief. He has certainly lived up to his name over the past nine weeks that we have had him with us Lol. Hunter is a big boy, like Loki. You end up forgiving them, whatever they get up to!
Old 11-26-2012, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwyllis View Post
Hunter is a great name. My husband & I went through hundreds of dog names on the internet, & we couldn't agree on a single one. Whatever I liked, he didn't, & vice versa. We have always got two sibling puppies at the same time, in the past, & he named his pup & I named mine. Wow ...it was difficult. It came to the day before we were due to pick him up from the breeder, & we still had not agreed upon a name. We have had Maremmas in the past, & our beautiful boy was named Thor, Viking God of Thunder, & he had a bark like thunder! So we decided at last that we would call our new baby a Viking God name, & finally found one that we both loved ....Loki ...Viking God of Mischief. He has certainly lived up to his name over the past nine weeks that we have had him with us Lol. Hunter is a big boy, like Loki. You end up forgiving them, whatever they get up to!
Great choice and well thought out. From all us superhero fans we love it!
Old 11-26-2012, 09:34 AM
aka Shelby

So am I the only one left waiting for our gotcha day??? I am going to visit her this Saturday, she'll be a few days older than six weeks. I can't wait!
I think I have almost everything I need besides the food and the bitter apple. I have the toys, the pee pee pads, the shampoos, the collar/leash, the bowls, toys, crate, bed, vet appointment, puppy kindergarten is registered. Anything else?

Kitty taking her bird for a joyride....
Old 11-26-2012, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillionsofPeaches View Post
So am I the only one left waiting for our gotcha day??? I am going to visit her this Saturday, she'll be a few days older than six weeks. I can't wait!
I think I have almost everything I need besides the food and the bitter apple. I have the toys, the pee pee pads, the shampoos, the collar/leash, the bowls, toys, crate, bed, vet appointment, puppy kindergarten is registered. Anything else?
We're still waiting for our little Thelma Lou, too! I think we'll be setting her about the same time you bring your little girl home. Thelma Lou was born on Oct 20. You are much more prepared than I am. But now that Thanksgiving is over and I'm almost done decorating for Christmas, we'll start collecting the puppy necessities. We are go to go visit her today or tomorrow. I love that she's close enough we can do that.
I was thinking that maybe it's a good thing after all that we're getting her so close to Christmas because the tree and all the extra stuff around will just seem normal to her!
Old 11-26-2012, 09:50 AM
aka Shelby

yay that you get to visit her!! We actually hit up Petsmart on Black Friday because they had a lot of sales. I am supposed to be getting her on the 15th of December. Her vet appointment has to be done within 72 hours (contract) so her appointment is that Monday. We have to drive an hour to see her but it is a very easy drive up the interstate for us and well worth it. Plus, I love our breeder and enjoy talking with her. Our babies are only two days apart, I think that is pretty cool! I live down in GA so I'm not too far from you.

Kitty taking her bird for a joyride....
Old 11-26-2012, 10:08 AM
aka Amanda

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillionsofPeaches View Post

Nope, you aren't the only one (im)patiently waiting! We've still got 26 days until we can bring our little boy home, not that anyone is counting LOL. We're bringing him home on Dec. 22nd, and luckily I am off work until the 2nd to bond, house break, and start training. I think we're pretty well prepared. So far I've got a crate with divider, about 10 toys, two collars and 6' leads, puppy shampoo, bed, bitter cherry spray, brushes/nail clippers, and his first vet appointment is set for Dec. 27th. I still need: an exercise pen or baby gates (still deciding which I want), food bowls and storage, a tag/license, and more TOYS!

December is going to be a GREAT month in our houses! We're still trying to decide on a name. Copper is the front runner since he's going to be a darker golden/red color and because Fox and the Hound is just the cutest movie. We also like Griffin (we're huge Redskins fans), Beau, and Bentley.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement