Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

Goldens Born on October 2012

57K views 614 replies 38 participants last post by  Ernie D 
#1 ·
Dog Dog breed Canidae Mammal Golden retriever

Born first week of October. Please excuse his eyes, I was trying to capture a good shot while he was in the middle of playing with his chew toy.

Hi! We are new to this forum. We just got this adorable pup today and look forward to many happy years together :)

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome to the forum! I wish you many healthy and happy years with your beautiful boy.

#4 ·
Congratulations! So he is only about 6 weeks old? He is a cutie!

#5 ·
View attachment 121522

Born first week of October. Please excuse his eyes, I was trying to capture a good shot while he was in the middle of playing with his chew toy.

Hi! We are new to this forum. We just got this adorable pup today and look forward to many happy years together :)

Cute boy! Welcome to the forum and what is his name?

#18 ·
Hi all! Our pup was born on Halloween and will be coming home just in time for Christmas, on Dec 22nd. We could not be more excited! This will be our first dog together and my first puppy ever, so I'm also a little nervous about training. GRF seems to be a wealth of information though :) This is the litter as of last week: Mammal Dog Vertebrate Dog breed Canidae

Attachments

#25 ·
Hunter is a great name. My husband & I went through hundreds of dog names on the internet, & we couldn't agree on a single one. Whatever I liked, he didn't, & vice versa. We have always got two sibling puppies at the same time, in the past, & he named his pup & I named mine. Wow ...it was difficult. It came to the day before we were due to pick him up from the breeder, & we still had not agreed upon a name. We have had Maremmas in the past, & our beautiful boy was named Thor, Viking God of Thunder, & he had a bark like thunder! So we decided at last that we would call our new baby a Viking God name, & finally found one that we both loved ....Loki ...Viking God of Mischief. He has certainly lived up to his name over the past nine weeks that we have had him with us Lol. Hunter is a big boy, like Loki. You end up forgiving them, whatever they get up to!

#27 ·
So am I the only one left waiting for our gotcha day??? I am going to visit her this Saturday, she'll be a few days older than six weeks. I can't wait!
I think I have almost everything I need besides the food and the bitter apple. I have the toys, the pee pee pads, the shampoos, the collar/leash, the bowls, toys, crate, bed, vet appointment, puppy kindergarten is registered. Anything else?

#28 ·
We're still waiting for our little Thelma Lou, too! I think we'll be setting her about the same time you bring your little girl home. Thelma Lou was born on Oct 20. You are much more prepared than I am. But now that Thanksgiving is over and I'm almost done decorating for Christmas, we'll start collecting the puppy necessities. We are go to go visit her today or tomorrow. I love that she's close enough we can do that.
I was thinking that maybe it's a good thing after all that we're getting her so close to Christmas because the tree and all the extra stuff around will just seem normal to her!

#29 ·
yay that you get to visit her!! We actually hit up Petsmart on Black Friday because they had a lot of sales. I am supposed to be getting her on the 15th of December. Her vet appointment has to be done within 72 hours (contract) so her appointment is that Monday. We have to drive an hour to see her but it is a very easy drive up the interstate for us and well worth it. Plus, I love our breeder and enjoy talking with her. Our babies are only two days apart, I think that is pretty cool! I live down in GA so I'm not too far from you.

#31 ·
We have that same clause in our contract. I'm going to start looking at vets this week. We live on an Army post so we will have to register her here, but I don't think I want the vet here to be her main vet...
I like our breeder a lot, too. We have a lot in common.
Good for you, snagging sales! I figured that was probably a good idea, but couldn't bring myself to brave the crowds...

#33 ·
Yes, I saw them on your other post! She is simply gorgeous!!

Wow, Barneysgirl, are you at Bragg? We are an army family and were stationed there for a few years back in the late 90's. We are here at Gordon right now but do not live on post. I'm really happy with our vet, her son is in my son's class and I trust her a lot. In fact, she is the first vet I've ever liked, we've always had them for our cats. We've always used the military vets in the past (as we have always been stationed in Germany) and I just felt really rushed with them. WE do have a lot in common! Cool!

#39 ·
Any time you REALLY get the urge to go to DC, PM me and I'll talk you out of it. ;)
Kidding-sort of.
We had lots of fun doing things there. My kids have been to every museum and historical site in a 3-state area numerous times. There was always a ton of fun things going on. But daily life there is hard. Work hours are LONG, and commutes are LONG. The first week we were here my husband came home after PT and my 9-year old thought there was something wrong-he couldn't remember his dad ever coming home and eating breakfast with us. :)

Wiesbaden-the youngest was born in the StadtKlink there, shortly after 1AD left for Iraq. You?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.