Goldens Born on October 2012 - Page 25 - Golden Retrievers : Golden Retriever Dog Forums

GoldenRetrieverForum.com is the premier Golden Retriever Dog Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2012, 07:35 AM

Oh, Shelby, I didn't know you had gotten the other golden for good! I was assuming you we're just dog-sitting for someone. My! Well, it sounds like it has been helpful at least and you already love her. And I imagine seeing her more mature behavior gives you hope Peaches will one day sleep through the night....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-19-2012, 09:41 AM
Aka Meg

AWWW Shelby do you have pics of the older pup?! Not sure if its the same situation but we ended up with our Boxer "Laina" kind of like that. Very unexpectedly.

My in-laws heard about a boxer for sale and knew she was in a bad situation. She came from Petland originally and was bought by some low-lifes that used her to breed. My in-laws said they were horrified by the conditions she was living in and had to adopt her. She had fleas, worms, infections, ear mites, and was very underweight. I went over to their house and was amazed to see another dog sitting on their porch!! I asked who she was and they said "well we were hoping you could take her". They didn't want 3 dogs so of course we took her and she has been the best dog I could ever ask for. And so we got Libby as a friend for her. They are best pals too!

Question ladies: Where are you taking your pups for puppy-classes, how much, how often is the class, and at what age can you bring them.

My husband and I have been contemplating bringing Libby to classes. She is doing very well right now but she might regress in a couple months during the teenage phase.....

Libby's Mom, Meg
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 12-19-2012, 10:31 AM
aka Amanda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libby Louise View Post

Question ladies: Where are you taking your pups for puppy-classes, how much, how often is the class, and at what age can you bring them.

My husband and I have been contemplating bringing Libby to classes. She is doing very well right now but she might regress in a couple months during the teenage phase.....
We lucked out in that there's a great certified dog trainer who lives right in our small town! She teaches a wide variety of classes and is a CGC evaluator, which is great door our future goals. Classes start 13 Jan and meet for an hour each Sunday for five weeks. I believe all "students" are required to be at least 8 weeks old and have proof of current vaccinations. The cost is very reasonable, $100 for the five weeks which I believe is comparable with the big box store classes.

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 12-19-2012, 01:47 PM
aka Shelby

Wow that is so special about your pooch, Meg. How incredibly kind and loving you guys are! She is lucky to have you!

No, our breeder picked Kat out for show and she didn't pass her clearances at this past appointment for her eyes. So she can't be bred. Our breeder knew we'd want another pooch next year and asked if we'd like to have Katniss, who is 9 months old. Katniss is so gorgeous and really the sweetest, goofiest dog around. We had her over and fell in love and so did Peaches. They are inseparable. It is so crazy, never thought this would happen but so glad it did. Our breeder knew that we were good match for Katniss and it worked out awesome! I'll post some pictures of her, she is so funny while Peaches is so dominant and serious. they are yingandyang.
We are lucky like Amanda to have a team of dog trainers here in Augusta. They are certified in a lot of venues and we can pick what direction we want to move with our two. I really want to get them into something because I feel like they are meant to use their intelligence and abilities and I find that exciting as well. Our first classes is Puppy kindergarten it starts on the 8th and goes for 6 weeks (I think). It is 75 dollars, it is 8 to 13 weeks of age and they must have their second set of vacs. so lucky Peaches brother is going to be in the same class!
Ok, so I'll go see if I can find some cute shots of Katniss.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MillionsofPeaches For This Useful Post:
Barneysgirl (12-19-2012), Libby Louise (12-19-2012)
Old 12-19-2012, 02:02 PM
aka Shelby

Here is Katniss at the Savannah River on Sunday
Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_2079.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	504.1 KB
ID:	123262
I love this shot. I swear I did not manipulate Peaches' paw. I looked over and this is how they were laying.

Name:	SAM_2094.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	638.9 KB
ID:	123263
This morning Peaches' brother came over to play and Katniss was overseeing their fun!

Name:	IMG_9979.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	770.2 KB
ID:	123264
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MillionsofPeaches For This Useful Post:
Barneysgirl (12-19-2012), Mayve (12-19-2012)
Old 12-19-2012, 08:57 PM
Aka Meg

OMG they are sooooo incredibly adorable!!!! I love the one where they are spooning!!!! Best friends!

Thats how my Laina and Libby are

Libby's Mom, Meg
Old 12-20-2012, 09:04 AM

Ohhhh, I LOVE those pictures of Peaches and Katniss!!!! That sleeping one is the sweetest thing ever! What a fun house you have!

Today's word in our house is "under."
No, not under as in, I'm "under-prepared" for Christmas (although true), but under as in Thelma Lou likes to be UNDER things. She climbs under the furniture all day long. Sometimes she takes a nap, sometimes she growls ferociously at anyone who walks by, sometimes she takes her toys under the couch to play. It's funny-but I wonder how its going to work when she gets bigger!

We played outside a lot again yesterday. She would stay out all day if we let her. And she met our neighbor's boxer for the first time. She was a little overwhelmed by the boxer's exuberance at meeting. But it was great for her-she needs some doggie friends. And she needs someone of her species to let her know when she is being too rough. We're going to try to have them play daily or close to it.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	314.8 KB
ID:	123295  
Old 12-20-2012, 11:22 AM
aka Shelby

look at her! She definitely has staked out and claimed that spot! Watch out, guys, Thelma is going to get you!!!
Old 12-20-2012, 06:46 PM
aka Amanda

Charlie seems to literally be getting bigger as I type this:

Name:	ImageUploadedByPG Free1356047111.652377.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	155.6 KB
ID:	123312

Here's Charlie pouting while Jinx watches from the safety of the living room:

Name:	ImageUploadedByPG Free1356047152.844228.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	164.1 KB
ID:	123313

I wish time would slow down a bit! I'm so looking forward to having 12 days off work to bond even more with him

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
Old 12-20-2012, 06:48 PM
aka Shelby

ha ha, that looks is priceless! Does Jinx tease Charlie? Our cat, Roman, is so cruel, he won't budge because he knows his claws will hurt the pups so he has the power. He entices them and they circle him in fear. They just want to play. Stinkin' cat!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement