Goldens Born on October 2012 - Page 24 - Golden Retrievers : Golden Retriever Dog Forums

GoldenRetrieverForum.com is the premier Golden Retriever Dog Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2012, 08:27 AM
Aka Meg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowtea View Post
I am just loving all of these pictures of the puppies! Of course the pictures of Libby are just stunning. I have had a small photography business for a bit but after a while I realized I love photography, hate the business. Don't you love it when people ask "what kind of camera do you use?" (As if the camera alone can take the pictures).

Haha yes. It's annoying!!! I work with children with autism primarily so I dont really have the time to continue my business right now. BUT I DO have time to take pwitty pictaws of my pups!!!!

Even when I'm tired after work I can't help but play with the loves of my life!!!

Libby's Mom, Meg
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
The Following User Says Thank You to Libby Louise For This Useful Post:
MillionsofPeaches (12-18-2012)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-18-2012, 03:36 PM

Well, I'm back and feeling like a normal person again after 7 hours of sleep last night! THAT was a busy weekend. But tons of fun. The homecoming was awesome. Nothing like seeing families with signs and little kids and the band and lots of other people out to welcome Soldiers back from deployment at 3 in the morning. We had a great time and so happy their families will be together for Christmas.
Thelma Lou did very well with our nutty schedule. We did have a rough night Sunday night. She had been home in her crate a long time on Sunday. We kept running home or having someone scoot over to let her out, but we were gone a long time and she slept much of the day. Which I found out when we got home at 1 am and she was wide awake and ready to play!
But last night she slept straight through and I feel like a new person.

For milestones, we don't really have any, actually. Training was kind of on hold over the weekend. Today we have been working on a good recall. The weather is gorgeous so we have spent most of the day outside. Right now she is crashed on the floor in her puppy jail (pen). Which tells you how tired she is because she hates the puppy jail.

My favorite moments with her are right when she wakes up from a nap. She is so cuddly and just wants to be held. Her eyes are kind of sleepy and she snuggles onto my lap. She is so stinkin smart, too. We are amazed every day. And are reminded that we have to stay on our toes to think one step ahead of her.
We successfully switched her food and she hasn't had a bit of trouble. We went with Simply Nourish which is the Petsmart brand food. It met nearly all the criteria we had and received good ratings. Plus there are always Petsmarts around and the price was reasonable. We almost went with Purina Pro Plan but ended up not, for no reason, really.
Anyway, the point is Thelma Lou has done great and hasn't had any potty problems at all.

I can't believe how much she has grown in the 8 days we've had her. She can reach things on the coffee table now and can go up the two steps from the patio in the back door. We were marveling over the fact that our original plan was to pick her up yesterday! We would have missed out on so much fun....
Old 12-18-2012, 06:29 PM

Here she is enjoying outside....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	462.9 KB
ID:	123228  
Old 12-18-2012, 06:30 PM

She's so happy she found another stick!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	706.2 KB
ID:	123229  
Old 12-18-2012, 08:40 PM
aka Amanda

Whew we have been so busy!!! Charlie takes up all of our free time now. And MAN has he learned how to use his teeth! I guess this is normal and that the "land shark" nickname exists for a reason

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 12-18-2012, 09:09 PM
Aka Meg

It DOES get better. I promise. 10.5 weeks and my pups starting to relax a little. Now she is used to our house and doesnt feel the need to explore and get into things as much. Every now and then I see her going into a no-no area AKA the closet with all our shoes. And I will just say no-no and she'll turn around and chew her toys on the rug. She still has bursts of energy and becomes a kamikaze puppy smashing into everything. But its been a lot easier lately. FIEW

SO ladies!!!! We look to the light in the end of the tunnel and KNOW our pups will be well mannered adults someday.

well..... we hope

LOL get some sleep girlies!

PS. Thelma Lou is so stinking cute!!!! And she HAS gotten bigger!

Libby's Mom, Meg
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Libby Louise For This Useful Post:
Barneysgirl (12-18-2012), LoveisGolden88 (12-18-2012)
Old 12-18-2012, 09:37 PM

I hear you, Amanda. we are concentrating heavily on the "off" command today in the hopes she will take it as a "please get your little mouth and razor sharp teeth off my hand/leg/pants/feet because it HURTS!"
And what else hurts is that she runs nose first into the backs of my legs when we're playing. Who figured her nose was so hard and pointy?

Thanks for the encouragement, Meg! You're just enough ahead of us to be our veteran puppy-owner.
Old 12-18-2012, 09:59 PM
aka Amanda

Okay thank goodness it isn't just us! My mom brought up a good point today. She said if 1 year to a human is 7 years to a dog, then we are just getting into the terrible twos right now. So true!

We worked on "sit" a bit tonight, but frankly I feel like it's a waste of time when he's so riled up and not listening. We seem to have Charlie's attention the most when outside. He does really well with "come", even with distractions. I am just counting down the days until puppy kindergarten and the help of a certified trainer LOL. Here's some new pictures from today and yesterday:

Name:	ImageUploadedByPG Free1355885863.848172.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	178.7 KB
ID:	123240Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByPG Free1355885921.616349.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	213.8 KB
ID:	123241

The Following User Says Thank You to LoveisGolden88 For This Useful Post:
Barneysgirl (12-19-2012)
Old 12-18-2012, 10:16 PM
aka Amanda

One more funny update before we head to bed - Charlie just farted for the first time (that I've noticed)! Adam is in the garage and it's just me and Charlie in the living room when I smell this yucky odor. I look around horrified that I must've taken my eyes off Charlie for a second. Nope, he is sound asleep at my feet and no accident to be seen! Looks like this is finally a time we can blame it on the dog :P

The Following User Says Thank You to LoveisGolden88 For This Useful Post:
Libby Louise (12-19-2012)
Old 12-19-2012, 06:36 AM
aka Shelby

oh everyone's pups are so cute. I love the Christmas collar you have for Thelma, that is really pretty! Charlie is such a cuddle bug.
It is so interesting to read everyone's experiences. Right now our issue is again, sleep. She was up every two hours. I don't know why. We ignored her in the past and she had to poo so I'm worried to ignore her again. So it is if she is crying wolf! Last night we ignored her and she went back to sleep. I tell her, eh eh, enough, go to sleep and she will normally stop. But again, I'm hesitant cause I don't want her suffering in her crate if she really does have to go.
As far as biting goes. I told you all that we also ended up getting a nine month old by some off the wall chance. There as absolutely no intention of doing that! She controls Peaches' biting a lot. I follow her lead. She will take Peaches' muzzle inside her whole mouth. So i do that with Peaches until she sighs (not in my mouth, lol, but inside my hand) and once she gives up she won't bite any more. Well, for that five minutes of play anyway, ha ha.
She has gained a ton of weight too! She has gained almost three pounds since the day we got her!
I laughed about the kamikaze comment because we called Peaches the torpedo and we also say, do do do doooo! Puppy Power! When she rounds the corner, ha ha.

Kitty taking her bird for a joyride....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement