Goldens Born on October 2012 - Page 20 - Golden Retrievers : Golden Retriever Dog Forums

GoldenRetrieverForum.com is the premier Golden Retriever Dog Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2012, 02:03 PM
aka Amanda

Love it! Man, this work day is DRAGGING by...I can't figure out why though
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-13-2012, 06:59 PM

Vet report: Thelma Lou has gained 2.5 lbs since the breeder took her a week and a half ago. 9.1 lbs. We were just saying that she looks bigger than she did on Monday when we brought her home, and I guess it's true!
She seems very tired today. Took a long nap and she was OUT. It actually concerns me just a bit, but maybe it's just a sleepy day for her.
Everything else is good. She showed off her good "sit" for the vet. The vet stressed not taking her to any parks-especially on post-even with the good weather, because there has been a high number of Parvovirus cases. She also said that the virus can live a year in warm climates, so finding out what we can about the family who lived in the house before us (whether they had dogs, etc) is helpful. We know who lived here before us and they just had a cat so we're good there. I also think some of the more congested housing areas on post are probably more susceptible to the virus since there is a higher population density and so much shared space.

On another note, as much as Thelma Lou likes her crate, she HATES the pen in the kitchen. We call it "puppy prison" now because she is just miserable in it. So funny, because I thought she'd like it-she's close to everyone and we're all talking to her, she can see us, etc. nope. She just cries and cries and stand up against the walls, won't play with her toys in there, and eventually just lays down and sleeps. It's pathetic.
The Following User Says Thank You to Barneysgirl For This Useful Post:
njoyqd (12-13-2012)
Old 12-13-2012, 07:19 PM

Congratulations on a great vet report!
Thelma Lou gets cuter with each picture you post!
Enjoy everyday!
ale
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
The Following User Says Thank You to njoyqd For This Useful Post:
Barneysgirl (12-13-2012)
Old 12-13-2012, 08:22 PM
aka Shelby

wow, I can't believe she weighs that! She looks so super tiny to me! See this is where pictures are deceptive. Peaches was 9.6 on Monday and she looks ginormous! It is all the fur on her! ha ha.
Actually she slept a ton today and I was talking to the breeder and she said that is what puppies do ha ha. So don't worry about it.
I bet Thelma just doesn't like being in a pen while everyone around her is not in the pen, ha ha. Maybe you should make her pen bigger and your living area smaller and then she'll feel happier
Can't wait to read about NO NAME BOY's gotcha day!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MillionsofPeaches For This Useful Post:
Barneysgirl (12-13-2012), LoveisGolden88 (12-13-2012)
Old 12-13-2012, 08:46 PM
aka Amanda

Soon, soon! We are actually heading to bed in a few minutes. We figured, the sooner we go to sleep the sooner tomorrow will be here LOL!

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
The Following User Says Thank You to LoveisGolden88 For This Useful Post:
MillionsofPeaches (12-14-2012)
Old 12-13-2012, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillionsofPeaches View Post
wow, I can't believe she weighs that! She looks so super tiny to me! See this is where pictures are deceptive. Peaches was 9.6 on Monday and she looks ginormous! It is all the fur on her! ha ha.
Actually she slept a ton today and I was talking to the breeder and she said that is what puppies do ha ha. So don't worry about it.
I bet Thelma just doesn't like being in a pen while everyone around her is not in the pen, ha ha. Maybe you should make her pen bigger and your living area smaller and then she'll feel happier
Can't wait to read about NO NAME BOY's gotcha day!!
She has grown SO much. We were watching her race around the yard tonight and noticing how much taller she seems already!
That's good to hear about the napping. Your breeder is a great source of information!
You're right about being the only one in the pen. We can be right outside it, leaning over and petting her and talking to her and she's miserable. As soon as one of us steps inside her tail starts wagging and she immediately stops whining. Spoiled...
Hey, have I missed recent pics of Peaches?
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveisGolden88 View Post
Soon, soon! We are actually heading to bed in a few minutes. We figured, the sooner we go to sleep the sooner tomorrow will be here LOL!

Like little kids on Christmas Eve!

Tonight's cuteness report: we bundled up and went outside to watch the meteor shower and took the pup. She ran around like a crazy for a while, had a great time, then finally (half hour later) laid down by the boys' legs and tried to snuggle up. They put her under the blanket with them and she fell fast asleep. So deep,y that we picked her up, carried her in the house, and put her in the crate without her waking up. She is there now, snoozing away.....
Old 12-14-2012, 07:00 AM
aka Shelby

YAY Amanda!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Today is the day! (if you didn't already know that) Take lots of photos and post them here the minute you walk in the door because we come first, lmao! No post photos when you can, we'll be on edge!
The Following User Says Thank You to MillionsofPeaches For This Useful Post:
LoveisGolden88 (12-14-2012)
Old 12-14-2012, 07:43 AM

Hooray for Gotcha Day! Can't wait to hear the story and SEE PICS! (Hopefully you'll be better than I am capturing the adorable moments)
The Following User Says Thank You to Barneysgirl For This Useful Post:
LoveisGolden88 (12-14-2012)
Old 12-14-2012, 07:55 AM
aka Shelby

I've been beyond super crazy tired and busy. We have a little guest here. Peaches' cousin, Katniss who is 9 months old is visiting. She has helped little Peaches' butt out immensely and we love her so much too!!
Funny of the day yesterday…
Peaches is a little diva and while Kat went out to play with one kid Peaches ran into Kat's crate and methodically pulled every single thing out and put them in her own crate! What a stinker!
Old 12-14-2012, 08:01 AM
aka Amanda

Thanks guys, we are on the road!!! Barely slept last night so we got to see some of the meteor shower. So pretty!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement