Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

Goldens Born on October 2012

57K views 614 replies 38 participants last post by  Ernie D 
#1 ·
Dog Dog breed Canidae Mammal Golden retriever

Born first week of October. Please excuse his eyes, I was trying to capture a good shot while he was in the middle of playing with his chew toy.

Hi! We are new to this forum. We just got this adorable pup today and look forward to many happy years together :)

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App

See less See more
#562 ·
Thanks for the recipe! I think those might be Molson's birthday treat! His birthday is the 18th- I still can't believe he's going to be 1... didn't I just pick him up?! I bought his last bag of puppy food :( He's slowly calming down.. but he's still in teenager mode. He'll steal things just to get attention or if you're standing and he's sitting next to you he grabs your sleeve to say 'hey you're supposed to be petting me!' Molson also takes part in chair stealing.. he thinks our small couch is 'his couch.' I want to start Molson in agility as well.. there was a class that started September 4th but I decided to wait until the next class. We installed our Petsafe invisible fence and Molson is doing really well with it and loving being able to not have a leash attached.

#563 ·
@NikB8 oh those teenage antics! We have those too, in spades. That's funny that he steals seats, must be hard not to laugh!

Gretzky had his neuter scheduled for today, but the vet sent him home since he still has a runny nose :( 10 more days of antibiotics and then we will see. I wonder if the universe is telling me to wait until he's fully one year old. I guess we shall see ...

Sent from Petguide.com App

#564 ·
The universe has spoken! Gretzky had a second appointment today for neutering. Inexplicably when we arrived this morning he was not on their schedule. The receptionist remembers adding him to the schedule 2 weeks ago and has no idea why he was removed.

So ... we will wait until after our wedding and re-visit the topic in December.

#566 ·
It does seem like this year has flown by. I wonder every day at the little miracles - watching Gretzky learn new things even at this age. His latest is to empty his toy box and then pick a toy from the mess he's made :) he's also so much calmer now and easier to get his attention when he does get hyped up.

Here's this morning's picture, loving on mommy's shoe. He sleeps on it and carries it around (doesn't chew at all). So cute.
Dog Vertebrate Dog breed Canidae Mammal

#570 ·
Hi everyone! :wavey: Long time since I've posted...

Libby turned one on October 6th! Here's a recent pic of my girls.

They are doing really well. And Libby is looking forward to winter... her most favorite season!

Meg

Attachments

#571 ·
Our baby Hazel moved to a new home yesterday. She had been bullied by our older female border collie her whole life with us and as she reached maturity (well turning one...shad had a looooooong way to be mature. Lol) they began fighting over high value objects- what Gypsy always stole from Hazel's mouth.

We wanted Hazel and Gypsy to both be safe, loved, happy, and at peace and sadly, this was their best bet at happiness. We will always love her very much! Anyway. It is with grief that I bid my farewells to you all on the forum. Give your golden babies a hug for me. Thanks!

#572 ·
Sorry So Late!!

Hi everyone! I am a bit late posting but here is a picture of Monty from his 1st Birthday (October 7) and another picture of him cuddling is older sister, Honey. Monty has been a wonderful addition to our family. He is extremely loving and calm. We just love him to pieces. He truly has been the best dog we have ever had! (no offense to our Honey, she is a wonderful dog too :) but in terms of accidents and destruction of household items, Monty is PERFECT!!)

Attachments

#575 ·
Ernie is now 72lbs. We neutered him at 10 mos. and he has not gained any measurable weight. I believe he was about 68lbs at the time of the procedure. He is very active and other than not marking his territory, there have been no personality changes. Still the same boy, loves getting into trouble! The only remarkable changes that I see are the result of training. He has been attending one class per week since he was about 4 months old. Started with obedience, CGC, and currently working on his agility novice title. I believe the weight gain is really dependent on activity. But that is just my opinion.... Dog Canidae Mammal Dog breed Snow

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

#576 ·
thank you! Yes, he is very fit looking! That is awesome about his agility training! I want to get Peaches into that but the classes are an hour away. She already has a leg for rally and her CGC but her obedience isn't good enough to waste my drive time on agility. Currently she is working on her hunting dog skills so she can start testing this spring. I'm sure my daughter can get her JH and her SHR title on her. My daughter is working her as I'm already working my other dog, Kat. It is something that we do together (me and my daughter.) Perhaps that is part of Peaches trim weight, she is always running marks, lol.
I am not sure when I want to spay her, though. My older girl didn't gain any weight when she was spayed but if I give her more food than normal she gains immediately. Peaches can eat and eat and not gain. Wow, I wish I had that!

#577 ·
Hi everyone,

Happy Friday the 13th!! We took a chance and had Gretzky neutered today. This time all went perfectly!! He's in recovery now, apparently already trying to stand and wagging his tail :)

And we're preparing to celebrate his gotcha day, on Christmas Eve. It's been a year full of learning, for both him and for us too.

Hope everyone is doing well.
Dog Mammal Vertebrate Dog breed Canidae

#579 · (Edited)
Here is Peaches a couple days ago. Everyone's pups are so beautiful. We are planning to spay her in about a month.
Its been a year and Peaches has changed our lives completely. Because of her we ended up with our other dog, Katniss,too.
My husband has deployed and these two girls have brought us joy where, sometimes, there seems to be none. They sleep in bed and help fill the hole in a way. They keep me company when I'm most lonely.
Also, we've made lifetime friends because of all the doggy stuff we've done with them. When we got Peaches we'd only lived in our new change of duty station for about six months and hadn't made many friends yet. Because of them, we've met so many people and have traveled to some new places that we'd never had gone to either. I am literally busy 5 days a week or more due to them.
Peaches will always be special to me for so many reasons. I can never express to her what she's meant to us as a family and to me personally but I can always give her all of my heart and make sure she has the best life possible.

Attachments

#581 ·
Peaches is a such a doll! Libby weighs in around 60 pounds. She is very tall and lanky much like her 6 ft tall momma :--big_grin:Here is a recent Xmas picture of my two girls, Libby and Laina. The picture of them looking out the window was our first snow of the season!

Attachments

#584 ·
Hi guys, i have a question... Is your golden slowing down now? What i mean is, my Simón is having more "down" time during the day than a couple of months ago, he is happy when we go outside, is eating fine, and everything looks ok, of course is UTD on vaccines... But he is not behaving like a crazy puppy anymore lol! Is that normal? (I know he is not a puppy anymore, but this change took me by surprise) Dog Canidae Dog breed Golden retriever Companion dog
Canidae Dog Dog breed Grass Carnivore

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

#585 ·
I'm just seeing your question, sorry for the delay. (Not a fan of the"new" layouts on the iPhone app)

Gretzky has slowed down gradually. During the day he is quite mellow, very rarely initiating hard play or having zooomies. Evenings are a different matter though - he knows when we're done with work and he wants a lot of attention. He still has more energy than we expected. We've even enrolled at a local dogs-only indoor swimming facility for some extra exercise while it's cold and muddy outside.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.