Goldens Born on October 2012 - Page 19 - Golden Retrievers : Golden Retriever Dog Forums

GoldenRetrieverForum.com is the premier Golden Retriever Dog Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2012, 10:18 AM
aka Shelby

ha ha, yay for poop reports! Well, Peaches started out ok, and I tried, I really tried to keep her in that crate but after two nights of absolutely no sleep, and I mean no sleep, I'm not exaggerating, I pulled her out and she slept next to me in my bed. Matt slept on the couch because he really needed to sleep good one night and she slept next to my head.
I got a lot more sleep, maybe 4 hours total. I was most concerned about her falling (I put pillows around the ground) so I slept super lightly. I don't know if she needed to go potty but she licked me at around 230 so I took her out. I'm so happy, I can stand in the doorway and tell her, "go potty, Peaches!" and she'll run out there, pee and then I say come! Peaches! and she comes back inside. I give her a treat for that, ha ha. I will treat her if it means I don't have to freeze my britches off.
So then she came straight back into bed with me.
Then at 5 am she heard Matt getting up so we went out and she potty'd and pooped. She always poops at 5 am which isn't a good thing later on in life, ha ha.
But this morning I finally got the energy to go to the pool. I crated her and she was asleep when I left but man when I got home she saw me (she wasn't howling when I came home so that is good) she wouldn't leave my side! To the point that I showered and she scratched at the door so I opened the shower and she climbed in! WTH? I didn't think that would happen. So she got a bit wet but not soaking and I blow dried her fur while I did my hair. Now she is laying next to me on the bed.
She LOVES our bed. Like big time.

Here is the photo of the day!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0433.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	380.8 KB
ID:	122888  

Kitty taking her bird for a joyride....
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MillionsofPeaches For This Useful Post:
Libby Louise (12-15-2012), LoveisGolden88 (12-12-2012), Mayve (12-13-2012), njoyqd (12-12-2012)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-12-2012, 10:35 AM
aka Amanda

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillionsofPeaches View Post
ha ha, yay for poop reports! Well, Peaches started out ok, and I tried, I really tried to keep her in that crate but after two nights of absolutely no sleep, and I mean no sleep, I'm not exaggerating, I pulled her out and she slept next to me in my bed. Matt slept on the couch because he really needed to sleep good one night and she slept next to my head.
I got a lot more sleep, maybe 4 hours total. I was most concerned about her falling (I put pillows around the ground) so I slept super lightly. I don't know if she needed to go potty but she licked me at around 230 so I took her out. I'm so happy, I can stand in the doorway and tell her, "go potty, Peaches!" and she'll run out there, pee and then I say come! Peaches! and she comes back inside. I give her a treat for that, ha ha. I will treat her if it means I don't have to freeze my britches off.
So then she came straight back into bed with me.
Then at 5 am she heard Matt getting up so we went out and she potty'd and pooped. She always poops at 5 am which isn't a good thing later on in life, ha ha.
But this morning I finally got the energy to go to the pool. I crated her and she was asleep when I left but man when I got home she saw me (she wasn't howling when I came home so that is good) she wouldn't leave my side! To the point that I showered and she scratched at the door so I opened the shower and she climbed in! WTH? I didn't think that would happen. So she got a bit wet but not soaking and I blow dried her fur while I did my hair. Now she is laying next to me on the bed.
She LOVES our bed. Like big time.

Here is the photo of the day!

Oh goodness I LOVE this picture. Definitely GRF Caption Competition material! I can just see her saying "Oh, you thought this was YOUR bed?!"
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
The Following User Says Thank You to LoveisGolden88 For This Useful Post:
MillionsofPeaches (12-12-2012)
Old 12-12-2012, 10:52 AM
aka Shelby

ha ha! You nailed it!

Old 12-12-2012, 11:00 AM

hmmm, i think i would prefer that bed to a crate ANYday!
The Following User Says Thank You to njoyqd For This Useful Post:
MillionsofPeaches (12-12-2012)
Old 12-12-2012, 12:16 PM

Can you blame her??
Old 12-13-2012, 07:41 AM
aka Amanda

It's Gotcha Day Eve in our house!!!! How on Earth am I expected to be productive today?! Last night we finally got Little No Name's crate set up in his puppy safe zone. I also set up a soft sided travel crate, which we'll use on long car trips and in our bedroom at night. We were both so excited that we could barely sleep last night, just imagine how tonight will be.

I've given up the name battle and have decided to let Adam choose his name. For weeks I've been brainstorming hundreds of names and as much as I wanted something super original, the little guy just looks like a Charlie. Which of course is what Adam wanted to name him all along.

Hopefully I'll get a chance to check in tomorrow and post some pictures! We'll be leaving the house around 7AM ET and probably won't be back until 2 or so.

How are all the girls doing today in their new homes?!
Barneysgirl (12-13-2012)
Old 12-13-2012, 08:22 AM

Yay for Almost-Gotcha-Day! Try to get sme sleep tonight-you'll be thankful tomorrow!
How far do you have to drive to pick up "Charlie?"

We are doing great over here. I tried uploading some photos yesterday but for some reason it kept rejecting them, I think they may have been too large. I have some really cute ones-

Thelma Lou has pretty much settled in to her nighttime routine. She poops right before bed (11 or so) and then gets up around 3 to pee and again between 5-6. Then she goes back to sleep until 7 or so, pees again, has breakfast, then poops. I've got it down.

Last night my 18yo slept downstairs with her so I could sleep through the night. It was nice.

She LOVES being outside. LOVES it. And it's been raining, which makes it even greater! She rolls in all the wet grass, jumps in wet leaves, leaps and bounds like she's in a Pixar short film, and I swear sometimes she squeals with delight.
She likes carrying things around in her mouth-pretty much anything and everything. I think it's hard teaching her what she can and can't pick up, so we've just got to be better about not leaving things in her reach. This morning she brought me a toy catalog (Christmas shopping?).
She has no interest in fetch. She just looks at what we throw like, "Well, what on earth did you do that for?"
She has had some very nice sits for us, and it's just the cutest thing. Her tiny little self sitting and looking expectantly for her treat.
She can hold her potty for quite a long time. She doesn't go out more an once an hour when we're home, and last night we were at church and were gone over 3 hours with her in her crate and she did great. Didn't seem agitated at all when we got back and hadn't pottied. In fact, we haven't even used one of her training pads yet.
Today is her vet appointment. I have noticed she has developed a rash on her tummy where there is no fur. I am wondering if she might be allergic to the grass outside?

Here is a picture of her snuggling last night. It's not the greatest pic, but at least it'll load.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	638.0 KB
ID:	122940  
The Following User Says Thank You to Barneysgirl For This Useful Post:
njoyqd (12-13-2012)
Old 12-13-2012, 10:22 AM
aka Amanda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barneysgirl View Post
Yay for Almost-Gotcha-Day! Try to get sme sleep tonight-you'll be thankful tomorrow!
How far do you have to drive to pick up "Charlie?"

We are doing great over here. I tried uploading some photos yesterday but for some reason it kept rejecting them, I think they may have been too large. I have some really cute ones-

Thelma Lou has pretty much settled in to her nighttime routine. She poops right before bed (11 or so) and then gets up around 3 to pee and again between 5-6. Then she goes back to sleep until 7 or so, pees again, has breakfast, then poops. I've got it down.

Last night my 18yo slept downstairs with her so I could sleep through the night. It was nice.

She LOVES being outside. LOVES it. And it's been raining, which makes it even greater! She rolls in all the wet grass, jumps in wet leaves, leaps and bounds like she's in a Pixar short film, and I swear sometimes she squeals with delight.
She likes carrying things around in her mouth-pretty much anything and everything. I think it's hard teaching her what she can and can't pick up, so we've just got to be better about not leaving things in her reach. This morning she brought me a toy catalog (Christmas shopping?).
She has no interest in fetch. She just looks at what we throw like, "Well, what on earth did you do that for?"
She has had some very nice sits for us, and it's just the cutest thing. Her tiny little self sitting and looking expectantly for her treat.
She can hold her potty for quite a long time. She doesn't go out more an once an hour when we're home, and last night we were at church and were gone over 3 hours with her in her crate and she did great. Didn't seem agitated at all when we got back and hadn't pottied. In fact, we haven't even used one of her training pads yet.
Today is her vet appointment. I have noticed she has developed a rash on her tummy where there is no fur. I am wondering if she might be allergic to the grass outside?

Here is a picture of her snuggling last night. It's not the greatest pic, but at least it'll load.

Aww, she is so cute! We're not going to be using puppy pads either. Instead, my sister will be coming over to let him out and exercise him while we're at work. I don't want him to get used to doing his business inside, and we're really lucky to have a sitter lined up!

We'll have to drive 2.5-3 hours one way to pick him up. Not TOO bad I gues seeing how far others on this forum have traveled.
Barneysgirl (12-13-2012)
Old 12-13-2012, 12:16 PM
aka Shelby

awww Amanda that was the worst day for us, in terms of waiting. I know it is going to be horrible for you guys! I sincerely can't wait till you get her! I am so excited all of us October mammas are almost finished getting their babies!

That is great about the schedule of TL. I haven't really thought of the schedule yet with Peaches. I know she poops three times, once in the morning, once in the midday and once after dinner. Its weird, I'm a very OCD person about so many things but I've never been a schedule person with my babies and now with my dogs. I've always wondered that about myself. I guess God is helping them out because I'm sure one more nagging mommy trait from me and my kids would lose it :P
Peaches is now getting much more adjusted to the crate. I left her yesterday and this morning while I exercised. Also I started giving her her meals in there and now that she is devouring her food she is all excited to go into the crate to get her food Man, I love my breeder, she has carried me through with the crate.
Peaches is so smart and feisty and also loving and affectionate. She has learned so many things its amazing. I have taught her table, so she will jump up on a small platform now. She is so cute, she backs up to get speed to get on top. I'm really hoping to get her into agility. She also is weaving through plants, I think she may have a natural talent for it, Lord knows her mama and family does. I have to learn all of this as far as training but I'm really excited about it. I can't wait till after the holidays so we can take her to puppy kindergarten! Oh and I'm also leash training her in the house. She wants to bite but with some treats she doesn't care at all about the leash once we get going. She is learning to heel and walk with me.
and we haven't used a pee pad either. She always just goes outside. I wouldn't mess with them, Amanda, unless it is just a necessity. I think these are such brilliant dogs that they learn amazingly fast and that is just a detour if you ask me. Unless, of course, the dog isn't getting it.
So we move on and it is the most exciting experience. Every single thing that Peaches does goes down in my "awe" book in my mind and I brag about it like she is a new baby! LOL

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MillionsofPeaches For This Useful Post:
Barneysgirl (12-13-2012), LoveisGolden88 (12-13-2012)
Old 12-13-2012, 01:53 PM

Thelma Lou likes helping the boy with his school project.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	818.2 KB
ID:	122962  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Barneysgirl For This Useful Post:
LoveisGolden88 (12-13-2012), njoyqd (12-13-2012)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement