Goldens Born on October 2012 - Page 18 - Golden Retrievers : Golden Retriever Dog Forums

GoldenRetrieverForum.com is the premier Golden Retriever Dog Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2012, 03:24 PM

Congratulations! And welcome Thelma Lou!
Love reading your journal of new adventures!
Such an adorable sweet ball of fluff!
Enjoy every day
ale
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
The Following User Says Thank You to njoyqd For This Useful Post:
Barneysgirl (12-11-2012)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2012, 04:51 PM

What a day! Thelma Lou has had a great, but busy time. We took her on some errands with us (Home Depot, yes; Target, no), she played out in the yard lots, and has not had an accident inside yet. Not because she's asking to go out yet, we have been taking her out on schedule. But she's actually pretty good at holding it, and can go for a surprisingly long time without peeing. I have had to be gone a good bit of the day but the boys have had a blast with her.
The neighbors' dog scared the dickens out of her. They can't see each other, but that one (a springer spaniel) knows she's out there and barked like crazy. Thelma Lou stopped midstream peeing, and bolted for my son's lap.
Since I am such a bad photographer, I am letting my son take most of the pictures of her and I'll upload them when he emails them to me, but I changed my signature to one he sent earlier.

How's Peaches?? I hope she has a better night. How are you holding up?
I am worried about steeping in poo, too. Especially since I took her outside barefoot last night and early this morning. Ew. Baby poop is no big deal to me, but dog poo is another matter....
Old 12-11-2012, 04:58 PM

I have to tell you how much I LOVE that picture of Peaches sleeping in her crate! It is sooo sweet. <3
Old 12-11-2012, 06:01 PM
aka Shelby

awww I love the light shining through the windows on her. So pretty! She is so light that it makes her look white in the photo.
yay, I'm glad she has been doing good. I haven't attempted to take her anywhere in the car besides her vet yesterday but around the neighborhood and school she has been bombarded by people and loves all of them! Also there is construction in my neighborhood and big trucks come by and at first she was scared now she just looks at them. She really has been sleeping a lot today. I think she is playing catch up. She didn't sleep a wink yesterday. Also, now she is eating a lot better. I put her bowl by the cats and they all ate together. I think she was used to eating with a group.
I am so hoping she does better tonight. She has climbed in her crate several times and slept. I put my shirt in there and she loves it.
I'll keep you all keep updated!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MillionsofPeaches For This Useful Post:
Barneysgirl (12-11-2012), Libby Louise (12-11-2012)
Old 12-11-2012, 10:58 PM

My favorite things about today: we gave Thelma Lou a bath and she smells soooo good and is so fluffy! We decorated our tree and she joined right in, sniffing all the ornaments and toddling right along at our heels while we hung things. Watching her run around the yard with my little boy. Just what we wanted for him-a buddy.

And the cutest thing ever: We were outside playing when the bugle sounded Retreat (we live on a military installation so bugle calls are the norm). The boy and I stopped playing and turned toward the flag at attention (customary, even for civilians on post) and Thelma Lou paused her scampering, looked up at us quizzically, then sat down perfectly still and looked at us for the entire call. So precious. She knows she's an Army dog.

No accidents in the house today. She has a little whimper she does when she has to go. She doesn't go to the door when she does it, but we can recognize it and take her out. She drank a lot less than yesterday-in fact, now i think it wasn't enough! She ate 1/2 cup of food 3x. does that seem normal? we discovered she prefers the dry food over the food moistened with water. Her second favorite toy is an old hand towel. Go figure.
She's sleeping in her crate now-I ought to go to bed and get some sleep!

Here she is after our errands today. She was CRASHED.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	431.0 KB
ID:	122873  
Old 12-12-2012, 05:37 AM
aka Shelby

awww look at her little paws stretched out! Peaches does that too! She spreads her toes ever so slightly when we're petting her!
TL sounds so sweet and cute. I love that she stood at attention at 5! I bet she will do that ALL the time, you'll have to film it when she gets good at it.
The Following User Says Thank You to MillionsofPeaches For This Useful Post:
Barneysgirl (12-12-2012)
Old 12-12-2012, 07:27 AM

How did last night go with Peaches?
Old 12-12-2012, 07:32 AM
aka Amanda

I am loving all the new puppy stories! That and a busy week at work is all that's getting me through until Friday I'm glad all the October girls are doing so well at home!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
The Following User Says Thank You to LoveisGolden88 For This Useful Post:
Barneysgirl (12-12-2012)
Old 12-12-2012, 07:56 AM

We have a fun group of October babies! Can't wait for you to join us, Amanda!
And how is Libby doing? I haven't seen pics of her in a while!
How about Hunter?

We had a pretty good night. Thelma Lou got up at 2:30 (pee in the rain) and again at 5:30 (pee, no rain). I let her snuggle up in a blanket with me and she went back to sleep until 7, when the kids got up! She peed and pooped at 7. That is the morning potty report.

This morning she came trotting into the kitchen with a Christmas ornament in her mouth. It was so cute. I can never get a good picture, though, because she is always moving so fast.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Barneysgirl For This Useful Post:
LoveisGolden88 (12-12-2012), njoyqd (12-12-2012)
Old 12-12-2012, 08:13 AM

I am loving and laughing at the poop report! Phoebe is 8 mo now and her bodily functions are still the big news around here!
The Following User Says Thank You to njoyqd For This Useful Post:
Barneysgirl (12-12-2012)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement