Please don't use vaseline on your dog or yourself. It is a petroleum product and is toxic to living organisms. This is absorbed through the skin (a human's largest organ) and the pads of a dog's feet. So the dog doesn't have to lick himself to get the toxin in his system: over time this adds up in an organism and it is very hard for a body to deal: it is very sticky and oily after all. Having said that, I emailed Musher's Secret for a list of their ingredients as they do not post it even on the container they sell. I tried Musher's Secret-- I live in MN and we've had record snowfalls-- and the snowballing on the dog's feet was decreased by a lwhole ot and when the snowballs occurred, they were easy to pull off unlike before w/out Musher's Secret. I had the stuff on my hand and unlike vaseline, it came off a lot easier. left my hand soft, and did not leave grease marks anywhere. I believe it has lanolin in it which is from sheep's wool and not toxic. One could just buy lanilin and use it directly but it is too hard (as in hard like a rock). I may 'cut' my Musher's Secret with a whole tub of cheaper lanolin to make it last. But, before I use anymore Mushers Secret, I am waiting for the reply from the company on the list of ingredients.