At least two other members have had dogs eat rat poison. They were treated and given Vitamin K, too. They're fine now. You did the right thing by bringing them in and having them treated. I'm not sure of what you should look for. I'm sure it's on the Internet somewhere. I'll have to take a look.
I don't know how reliable this site is: http://www.dogsymptomscure.com/dog-r...n-symptoms.php
"When dogs eat rat poison they will not show symptoms immediately. Signs of illness will usually be seen within few weeks.
Dogs especially puppies can also get rat poison into their body by eating dying mouse or corpse that has already eaten bait pellets. This is called secondary poisoning.
One of the major problems is that it is hard to know the exact time or day when your dog ate the mouse and what type of poison those rat ate before. It is usually too late to give treatments by the time symptoms such as bleeding is clearly seen from external.
When using rat poison, you should be aware that the toxic chemicals inside bait pellets does not killed mouse immediately. It usually take about a few days to show the result. During this few days period vermin can go to many different places before they actually dies so you should not let your dog go outside and unsupervised. Clean up yards and garbages whenever possible to greatly reduce the risk.
You might notice that many dog rat poison symptoms are similar to other kinds of illness and severity depend mainly on quantity of the poison ingested and type of chemical.
Dog rat poison symptoms
- reject food
- saliva is mixed with blood
- internal bleeding from gums, lung
- external bleeding from nose (epistaxis), rectum (hematochezia)
- bright green stool which is caused by eating rat bait pellets
- bloody urine (hematuria) or stool (melena)
- blood coagulation
- uncoordinated gait
- muscle tremors
- inability to stand
- mild cough
- breathing difficulty
- mental depression
- extensive bruising
- lung problems
- hair loss
Dog rat poison treatment
If you are sure that your [COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]pet[/color][/color]
ingested rat poison then you should immediately induce vomitting and take your dog to your [COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]veterinarian[/color][/color]
as quick as possible and do not let them eat or drink anything after vomit.
The faster you take your dog to your vet and get rat poison treatments, the higher chance of cure and survival rate"