The Tesia Update - Page 6 - Golden Retrievers : Golden Retriever Dog Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #51 of 93 (permalink) Old 11-10-2012, 10:37 AM
Preeminent Member
 
hotel4dogs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: SW of Chicago
Posts: 19,768
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Thanks: 24,018
Thanked 18,146 Times in 6,974 Posts
I think a lot of what you were seeing yesterday was the after effects of the anesthesia, etc. It really drags them down. Hopefully today will be better for her as it works its way out of her system. Takes a good 24 hours or longer for that to happen.
Both Tiny and Toby have had drains. They keep it from forming a big lump of fluid. They're not anything to be concerned about, although they can be a bit messy. It's kinda gross when they pull it out (don't watch!).
Tramadol can be given in various doses, so if you think she's still in pain today, I'd ask the vet about upping the dose. My Tiny, at 57 pounds, can take up to 4 of the 50 mg ones per day (she only takes one, but the vet said up to 4 is okay), so there's quite a range on the doses.
Poor baby. Give her some extra loving from me!



CH Rosewood Little Giant, VCD2 UDX VER RA MHU SH MXP MJP MFP T2BP TD DJ VCX WCX CCA CGC FFX-OG (born 3-10-2007), also UCH HR UH UUD UJJ URO1 UHIT a.k.a. "Tito" (the Tito Monster)

waiting at the bridge:
My first dog, and my most special girl
Gibson's Golden Girl, CD, CGC, TDI ( 3-20-1997 - 11-22-2013) a.k.a. "Tiny", "Queen B"
and my heart dog
Gibson's Golden Guy, CD, CGC, TDI ( 01-31-1998 - 01-02-2012) a.k.a. "Toby", "HRH"
hotel4dogs is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to hotel4dogs For This Useful Post:
Sweet Girl (11-10-2012)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #52 of 93 (permalink) Old 11-10-2012, 10:38 AM
I miss my Buddy
 
Buddy's mom forever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 10,812
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Thanks: 11,493
Thanked 11,910 Times in 5,930 Posts
Praying for a good day for sweet Tesia and you. I hope pain goes away very soon.


9 & half short years in my life but forever in my heart http://www.goldenretrieverforum.com/...-my-buddy.html
"He took my heart and ran with it, and I hope he's running still, fast and strong, a piece of my heart bound up with his forever" - Patricia McConnell

Charlie could watch birds for hours and I could watch Charlie for hours too http://www.goldenretrieverforum.com/...n-morning.html
Buddy's mom forever is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Buddy's mom forever For This Useful Post:
Sweet Girl (11-10-2012)
post #53 of 93 (permalink) Old 11-10-2012, 10:50 AM
Supreme Member
 
GoldenCamper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 5,726
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Thanks: 1,977
Thanked 6,736 Times in 2,981 Posts
Glad for her brighter disposition this morning. I hope a sense of normalcy returns to your lives quickly.


GoldenCamper is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to GoldenCamper For This Useful Post:
Sweet Girl (11-10-2012)
post #54 of 93 (permalink) Old 11-10-2012, 11:04 AM Thread Starter
Supreme Member
 
Sweet Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 8,787
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Thanks: 8,408
Thanked 9,635 Times in 4,229 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotel4dogs View Post
I think a lot of what you were seeing yesterday was the after effects of the anesthesia, etc. It really drags them down. Hopefully today will be better for her as it works its way out of her system. Takes a good 24 hours or longer for that to happen.
Both Tiny and Toby have had drains. They keep it from forming a big lump of fluid. They're not anything to be concerned about, although they can be a bit messy. It's kinda gross when they pull it out (don't watch!).
Tramadol can be given in various doses, so if you think she's still in pain today, I'd ask the vet about upping the dose. My Tiny, at 57 pounds, can take up to 4 of the 50 mg ones per day (she only takes one, but the vet said up to 4 is okay), so there's quite a range on the doses.
Poor baby. Give her some extra loving from me!
The vet just called, and after I told her about the night, she actually started off by suggesting we up the dose. She was on 1.5 X 50mg twice a day, but she suggested upping to 2 X 50mg twice a day - and even three times a day if necessary. I'll give her two tonight with her dinner, and hopefully that will help her get through the night better. Her weight was down a bit when I brought her in - she's about 53 pounds - but it sounds like 4 a day is okay.

This made me smile - I went into my room to check her just now and she stood up on the bed. I went over and bent down over her head and just patted her and spoke softly. Her tail was up between her legs, but as I started to talk to her, it slooowly started to wag and eventually it was wagging too much to stay tucked up. Progress!

I think we still have a tough road ahead for the next 24-48 hours. I'm not working til Tuesday, so I can at least be with her and make sure she's okay.

Sweet Girl is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sweet Girl For This Useful Post:
hotel4dogs (11-10-2012), Karen519 (11-10-2012)
post #55 of 93 (permalink) Old 11-10-2012, 11:07 AM
Preeminent Member
 
hotel4dogs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: SW of Chicago
Posts: 19,768
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Thanks: 24,018
Thanked 18,146 Times in 6,974 Posts
She's wagging her tail to let you know that she trusts you and she knows it will all be okay soon.



CH Rosewood Little Giant, VCD2 UDX VER RA MHU SH MXP MJP MFP T2BP TD DJ VCX WCX CCA CGC FFX-OG (born 3-10-2007), also UCH HR UH UUD UJJ URO1 UHIT a.k.a. "Tito" (the Tito Monster)

waiting at the bridge:
My first dog, and my most special girl
Gibson's Golden Girl, CD, CGC, TDI ( 3-20-1997 - 11-22-2013) a.k.a. "Tiny", "Queen B"
and my heart dog
Gibson's Golden Guy, CD, CGC, TDI ( 01-31-1998 - 01-02-2012) a.k.a. "Toby", "HRH"
hotel4dogs is offline  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hotel4dogs For This Useful Post:
Karen519 (11-10-2012), kjohnstone82 (11-13-2012), Sweet Girl (11-10-2012)
post #56 of 93 (permalink) Old 11-10-2012, 11:11 AM Thread Starter
Supreme Member
 
Sweet Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 8,787
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Thanks: 8,408
Thanked 9,635 Times in 4,229 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotel4dogs View Post
She's wagging her tail to let you know that she trusts you and she knows it will all be okay soon.
For all the things she so freakishly understands, all the words she seems to know, I certainly hope she is understanding these words!! It's hard not to get all soft and poor baby when she looks so sad, but I am doing my best to sound upbeat and normal when I talk to her. I'm also trying to make her think I'm not checking on her every few minutes when I walk by my room and look in - even though I totally am.

Sweet Girl is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Sweet Girl For This Useful Post:
Karen519 (11-10-2012)
post #57 of 93 (permalink) Old 11-10-2012, 02:02 PM
Dog Lover

 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Woodridge, Illinois
Posts: 40,250
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Thanks: 48,660
Thanked 15,032 Times in 11,048 Posts
Tesia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Girl View Post
The vet just called, and after I told her about the night, she actually started off by suggesting we up the dose. She was on 1.5 X 50mg twice a day, but she suggested upping to 2 X 50mg twice a day - and even three times a day if necessary. I'll give her two tonight with her dinner, and hopefully that will help her get through the night better. Her weight was down a bit when I brought her in - she's about 53 pounds - but it sounds like 4 a day is okay.

This made me smile - I went into my room to check her just now and she stood up on the bed. I went over and bent down over her head and just patted her and spoke softly. Her tail was up between her legs, but as I started to talk to her, it slooowly started to wag and eventually it was wagging too much to stay tucked up. Progress!

I think we still have a tough road ahead for the next 24-48 hours. I'm not working til Tuesday, so I can at least be with her and make sure she's okay.
Sounds like Tesia is doing better and perhaps the increase in Tramadol will make her feel better. She will be feeling better each day. I always say, "Ken and I can be in pain and it's o.k., but our DOGS can't!"

Tucker, Tonka, and Karen

SNOBEAR at the Bridge
Dec. 23, 1999-March 27, 2010


SMOOCH at the Bridge.
Feb. 14, 1999-Dec. 7, 2010
Karen519 is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Karen519 For This Useful Post:
Sweet Girl (11-11-2012)
post #58 of 93 (permalink) Old 11-10-2012, 05:48 PM
Preeminent Member
 
OutWest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: El Dorado County, CA
Posts: 10,646
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Thanks: 14,821
Thanked 10,590 Times in 5,440 Posts
I'm glad she's perking up. The fact that she's eating, and peeing and pooping, are the best possible signs that she's going to bounce back. I hope she has a quiet evening and night. You sure are taking really good care of her, and it sounds like she knows it!
OutWest is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OutWest For This Useful Post:
Karen519 (11-11-2012), Sweet Girl (11-11-2012)
post #59 of 93 (permalink) Old 11-10-2012, 05:51 PM
Senior Member
 
GoldenMum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: North Carolina, USA
Posts: 4,815
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 3,494
Thanked 6,330 Times in 2,652 Posts
Wonderful......good girl sweet Tee!


Bonnie Boo 11/16/2000-10/12/2013
Clyde Kadiddle Hopper 9/12/2000-1/6/2014

Forever in my heart!
GoldenMum is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GoldenMum For This Useful Post:
Karen519 (11-11-2012), Sweet Girl (11-11-2012)
post #60 of 93 (permalink) Old 11-11-2012, 10:06 AM
Missing my Boys...
 
Bob Dylan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: CMB, NJ
Posts: 3,980
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Images: 10
Thanks: 4,925
Thanked 1,922 Times in 1,257 Posts
How is Tesia this morning? I hope every day she will continue to improve. (HUGS TEE)
Bob Dylan is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bob Dylan For This Useful Post:
Karen519 (11-11-2012), Sweet Girl (11-11-2012)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Golden Retrievers : Golden Retriever Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome