I found this facility tonight while on Facebook. This place looks amazing! I think I am going to contact them about doing obedience classes with them, good price for my area too.
I know a long shot, but anyone locally go here? http://www.argusranch.com/ http://www.facebook.com/ArgusRanch
Found this on their trivia page...
# The first search and rescue dog on the scene of the
World Trade Center disaster on September 11. 2001,
was Bear, an 11 year old Golden Retriever. He began recovery
efforts immediately, working 18 hour days in the beginning.
PET'S TEN COMMANDMENTS.........
1. My life is likely to last 10-15 years. Any separation from you is likely to be painful.
2. Give me time to understand what you want of me
3. Place your trust in me. It is crucial for my well-being.
4. Don't be angry with me for long and don't lock me up as punishment. You have your work, your friends, your entertainment, but I have only you.
5. Talk to me. Even if I don't understand your words, I do understand your voice when speaking to me.
6. Be aware that however you treat me, I will never forget it.
7. Before you hit me, before you strike me, remember that I could hurt you, and yet, I choose not to bite you.
8. Before you scold me for being lazy or uncooperative, ask yourself if something might be bothering me. Perhaps I'm not getting the right food, I have been in the sun too long, or my heart might be getting old or weak.
9. Please take care of me when I grow old. You too, will grow old.
10. On the ultimate difficult journey, go with me please. Never say you can't bear to watch. Don't make me face this alone. Everything is easier for me if you are there, because I love you so.
~Now please pass this on to other pet owners. We do not have to wait for Heaven, to be surrounded by hope, love, and joyfulness. It is here on earth and has four legs!