I miss my Buddy - Page 62 - Golden Retrievers : Golden Retriever Dog Forums

GoldenRetrieverForum.com is the premier Golden Retriever Dog Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #611 (permalink)  
Old 12-18-2012, 07:49 PM
KathyL's Avatar
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 1,286
Thanks: 490
Thanked 1,313 Times in 839 Posts
I read these posts and cry and cry, but I cry for my dog that is still here but dying. I cannot imagine what life will be like without him. To not hear the morning wake-up shake and nose in my face. To come home and not have the golden greeting with one of his stuffed animals in his mouth. I have only had this beautiful boy for 5 1/2 years but these have been the best years. I wake up when he wakes up, he goes to bed when I go to bed, he is there when I garden, there when I shovel the snow, in the bathroom when I take a shower, he is my shadow and I am his shadow. But he is failing and I pray God helps me through this.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to KathyL For This Useful Post:
Buddy's mom forever (12-18-2012), Buddysmyheart (12-20-2012), Claire's Friend (12-29-2012), Karen519 (12-26-2012), PrincessDi (12-18-2012)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #612 (permalink)  
Old 12-18-2012, 08:43 PM
Buddy's mom forever's Avatar
I miss my Buddy
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 8,336
Thanks: 7,402
Thanked 8,718 Times in 4,612 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyL View Post
I read these posts and cry and cry, but I cry for my dog that is still here but dying. I cannot imagine what life will be like without him. To not hear the morning wake-up shake and nose in my face. To come home and not have the golden greeting with one of his stuffed animals in his mouth. I have only had this beautiful boy for 5 1/2 years but these have been the best years. I wake up when he wakes up, he goes to bed when I go to bed, he is there when I garden, there when I shovel the snow, in the bathroom when I take a shower, he is my shadow and I am his shadow. But he is failing and I pray God helps me through this.
Kathy, your post brought me to tears I am so sorry I know how you feel. I pray with whole my heart for your boy and just don't want anyone to go thru this pain. It is so hard, it is not fair that those beautiful dogs cant stay longer with us. Took little Charlie for a walk tonight, every stop he made was the place my Buddy would stop. I still cant walk him without tearing up. Why is that? I just cant say enjoy your time at Bridge my Bud I will see you later, I miss him I want him here. Hugs to you and your Harley.
__________________

9 & half short years in my life but forever in my heart http://www.goldenretrieverforum.com/...-my-buddy.html
"He took my heart and ran with it, and I hope he's running still, fast and strong, a piece of my heart bound up with his forever" - Patricia McConnell

Charlie could watch birds for hours and I could watch Charlie for hours too http://www.goldenretrieverforum.com/...n-morning.html
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Buddy's mom forever For This Useful Post:
PrincessDi (12-18-2012)
  #613 (permalink)  
Old 12-18-2012, 10:24 PM
PrincessDi's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Gig Harbor, WA
Posts: 4,107
Thanks: 4,364
Thanked 4,338 Times in 2,367 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyL View Post
I read these posts and cry and cry, but I cry for my dog that is still here but dying. I cannot imagine what life will be like without him. To not hear the morning wake-up shake and nose in my face. To come home and not have the golden greeting with one of his stuffed animals in his mouth. I have only had this beautiful boy for 5 1/2 years but these have been the best years. I wake up when he wakes up, he goes to bed when I go to bed, he is there when I garden, there when I shovel the snow, in the bathroom when I take a shower, he is my shadow and I am his shadow. But he is failing and I pray God helps me through this.
Very sorry to read about your boy. That is just way to young to loose him. It is so hard to watch them declining and knowing that you will loose him. Keeping you both in our thoughts.
__________________
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PrincessDi For This Useful Post:
Buddy's mom forever (12-18-2012)
  #614 (permalink)  
Old 12-19-2012, 04:58 AM
flykelley's Avatar
flykelley

 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Waterford MI
Posts: 609
Thanks: 722
Thanked 979 Times in 392 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyL View Post
I read these posts and cry and cry, but I cry for my dog that is still here but dying. I cannot imagine what life will be like without him. To not hear the morning wake-up shake and nose in my face. To come home and not have the golden greeting with one of his stuffed animals in his mouth. I have only had this beautiful boy for 5 1/2 years but these have been the best years. I wake up when he wakes up, he goes to bed when I go to bed, he is there when I garden, there when I shovel the snow, in the bathroom when I take a shower, he is my shadow and I am his shadow. But he is failing and I pray God helps me through this.
Kathy
Im so sorry you are going through this, enjoy what time you have left if you can. Prayers for you and your boy.

Mike
__________________
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to flykelley For This Useful Post:
Buddy's mom forever (12-19-2012)
  #615 (permalink)  
Old 12-20-2012, 07:52 AM
Buddy's mom forever's Avatar
I miss my Buddy
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 8,336
Thanks: 7,402
Thanked 8,718 Times in 4,612 Posts
Spiritual growth

Please keep your mind open! First time I posted on this thread my Buddy was gone for 5 weeks. I remember some posters writing "you will see him again". I went back and read my first post to be sure that I wrote there I lost my Bud thinking do they understand, my Bud is gone, what are they talking about, did they read my post. I was very confused.
These days, 19 months later, after reading so many posts here and many books I do believe I will see him again and on some special moments he is still with me in spirit. For those who still question, here is the story... Last two mornings little Charlie woke up around 5 am, too early for week days. As I did not want to take chance I took him outside to pee, even he did not ask to go. Then he wanted to roam around and I needed one more hour of sleep. I put him back into his crate, he started crying there. I just said "please Bud take care of Charlie, mommy needs just half an hour more of sleep". Little Charlie stopped crying immediately, no beep no nothing for one more hour. I am amazed! We need so little, just to have our minds and hearts open. Why then we do not believe?
__________________

9 & half short years in my life but forever in my heart http://www.goldenretrieverforum.com/...-my-buddy.html
"He took my heart and ran with it, and I hope he's running still, fast and strong, a piece of my heart bound up with his forever" - Patricia McConnell

Charlie could watch birds for hours and I could watch Charlie for hours too http://www.goldenretrieverforum.com/...n-morning.html
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Buddy's mom forever For This Useful Post:
Claire's Friend (12-20-2012), coppers-mom (12-20-2012), flykelley (12-20-2012), gold4me (12-21-2012), HolDaisy (12-28-2012), KathyL (12-20-2012), Lucky Penny (12-21-2012), T-Joy (12-23-2012)
  #616 (permalink)  
Old 12-20-2012, 05:01 PM
KathyL's Avatar
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 1,286
Thanks: 490
Thanked 1,313 Times in 839 Posts
Oh, I hope I have Harley's spirit with me for always. Today it is snowing in Milwaukee and I keep thinking how he would run in the snow and bark at me until I made snowballs to throw so he could run and jump in the air to catch them. I keep praying that he will rally.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to KathyL For This Useful Post:
Buddy's mom forever (12-20-2012)
  #617 (permalink)  
Old 12-21-2012, 07:00 AM
Buddy's mom forever's Avatar
I miss my Buddy
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 8,336
Thanks: 7,402
Thanked 8,718 Times in 4,612 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyL View Post
Oh, I hope I have Harley's spirit with me for always. Today it is snowing in Milwaukee and I keep thinking how he would run in the snow and bark at me until I made snowballs to throw so he could run and jump in the air to catch them. I keep praying that he will rally.
Kathy I am praying for your Harley to go out and have a fun in the snow, for me and my Buddy to run and catch snowballs like he always did. Hugs.
__________________

9 & half short years in my life but forever in my heart http://www.goldenretrieverforum.com/...-my-buddy.html
"He took my heart and ran with it, and I hope he's running still, fast and strong, a piece of my heart bound up with his forever" - Patricia McConnell

Charlie could watch birds for hours and I could watch Charlie for hours too http://www.goldenretrieverforum.com/...n-morning.html
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #618 (permalink)  
Old 12-26-2012, 07:01 PM
Buddy's mom forever's Avatar
I miss my Buddy
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 8,336
Thanks: 7,402
Thanked 8,718 Times in 4,612 Posts
Love you forever

At Christmas dinner last night my 11 years old niece asked me, Auntie if you would have just one wish what would you like Santa to bring you, I said I wish Santa brings me my Buddy back, she said I'm sorry and gave me a hug. She understood much better than anyone in the room. Yesterday was your day, you were with me I know. Little Charlie was mellow like you were, he slept on all your places just going thru the house from one spot to another. With his little body he blocked the front door so to be sure that we all stay in the house like you always did on weekends. He even put his head on my foot while I was washing dishes like you used to do all time. At dinner we talked about you a lot, you just loved to go there to our adopted Canadian grandma and grandpa's house. My friends were thrilled that little Charlie has grandpa's name and we know you were smiling with grandpa and grandma above happy that we are keeping tradition alive celebrating Christmas together for 15 years. I love you and miss you so much these days. All Christmas we were together were going thru my mind, from those first ones when you would attack Christmas tree, later years sneaking under to find your presents to the last ones when you would wait for a permission to do that.
I know I should stop posting here and leave the space for others to grieve but cant do that. The part of my heart is in this thread and this is a link to you, the place I feel the most connected with you. Every time I post here I have a few tears going down my face and wonder will I ever be able to write something down with smile. I hope you have a wonderful time there, I miss you so much and wish you are here. Makes me happy to think that we are one Christmas closer to be together again.
Love you forever,
Your mammy
__________________

9 & half short years in my life but forever in my heart http://www.goldenretrieverforum.com/...-my-buddy.html
"He took my heart and ran with it, and I hope he's running still, fast and strong, a piece of my heart bound up with his forever" - Patricia McConnell

Charlie could watch birds for hours and I could watch Charlie for hours too http://www.goldenretrieverforum.com/...n-morning.html
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Buddy's mom forever For This Useful Post:
Buddysmyheart (12-26-2012), CAROLINA MOM (12-28-2012), flykelley (12-28-2012), HolDaisy (12-28-2012)
  #619 (permalink)  
Old 12-28-2012, 09:35 AM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 136
Thanks: 20
Thanked 169 Times in 93 Posts
I hope you never stop posting here Buddys Mom. Even when you don't miss Buddy as much because you are having so much fun with Charlie, you are like an internet therapist to all the poor grieving souls that come here looking for confirmation that they are not crazy ...and some one knows exactly how much it hurts.
__________________
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DERBYBOY7 For This Useful Post:
Buddy's mom forever (12-29-2012), Buddysmyheart (12-29-2012), HolDaisy (12-28-2012), KathyL (12-29-2012)
  #620 (permalink)  
Old 12-28-2012, 04:56 PM
flykelley's Avatar
flykelley

 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Waterford MI
Posts: 609
Thanks: 722
Thanked 979 Times in 392 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy's mom forever View Post
At Christmas dinner last night my 11 years old niece asked me, Auntie if you would have just one wish what would you like Santa to bring you, I said I wish Santa brings me my Buddy back, she said I'm sorry and gave me a hug. She understood much better than anyone in the room. Yesterday was your day, you were with me I know. Little Charlie was mellow like you were, he slept on all your places just going thru the house from one spot to another. With his little body he blocked the front door so to be sure that we all stay in the house like you always did on weekends. He even put his head on my foot while I was washing dishes like you used to do all time. At dinner we talked about you a lot, you just loved to go there to our adopted Canadian grandma and grandpa's house. My friends were thrilled that little Charlie has grandpa's name and we know you were smiling with grandpa and grandma above happy that we are keeping tradition alive celebrating Christmas together for 15 years. I love you and miss you so much these days. All Christmas we were together were going thru my mind, from those first ones when you would attack Christmas tree, later years sneaking under to find your presents to the last ones when you would wait for a permission to do that.
I know I should stop posting here and leave the space for others to grieve but cant do that. The part of my heart is in this thread and this is a link to you, the place I feel the most connected with you. Every time I post here I have a few tears going down my face and wonder will I ever be able to write something down with smile. I hope you have a wonderful time there, I miss you so much and wish you are here. Makes me happy to think that we are one Christmas closer to be together again.
Love you forever,
Your mammy
Hi V
Looks like Charlie and Buddy are both looking after you. That is a good thing. Please don't ever feel the need to stop posting here, there is plenty of bandwith for everyone. Many people know how you feel and if it helps just one person to deal with losing a Golden its well worth it. I know Abby is also starting to do some of the things that Katie use to do, makes me smile when she does.

Golden Hugs
Mike
__________________
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to flykelley For This Useful Post:
Buddy's mom forever (12-29-2012), Buddysmyheart (12-29-2012), Georgegn (01-09-2013), HolDaisy (12-28-2012)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:39 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.5.2
Golden Retriever Forum .com
PetGuide.com
Basset.net DobermanTalk.com GoldenRetrieverForum.com OurBeagleWorld.com
BoxerForums.com DogForums.com GoPitbull.com PoodleForum.com
BulldogBreeds.com FishForums.com HavaneseForum.com SpoiledMaltese.com
CatForum.com GermanShepherds.com Labradoodle-dogs.net YorkieForum.com
Chihuahua-People.com RetrieverBreeds.com

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64