Sage 6wks old. Pictures - Page 3 - Golden Retrievers : Golden Retriever Dog Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 59 (permalink) Old 12-19-2012, 11:52 PM
Senior Member
 
love never dies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,514
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Thanks: 1,654
Thanked 2,210 Times in 1,399 Posts
love never dies is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to love never dies For This Useful Post:
Mayve (12-20-2012)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 59 (permalink) Old 12-20-2012, 12:02 AM Thread Starter
Love walks on four paws
 
Mayve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 2,946
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Images: 1
Thanks: 4,113
Thanked 3,730 Times in 1,855 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowtea View Post
Adorable! Are you going to visit more before you get to take her home?

I hope to, but with Christmas and work schedules, may not get a chance. We pick her up a week from tomorrow though and I have only really averaged a visit per week. We will just have to see how things play out...
Mayve is offline  
post #23 of 59 (permalink) Old 12-20-2012, 12:50 AM
Advanced Member
 
SMBC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Northern California
Posts: 781
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 1,182
Thanked 630 Times in 339 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayve View Post
Your pup was just born if I remember right???? I remember feeling like we would never get close.

It has gone fast so far. I think having Christmas to keep me occupied has helped, yet I seem to always buy something for her while I'm buying stuff for others...lol

Have you had any news on mom and pups? Sage was a c-section delivery too. I am happy to say she is doing great and so is her mum and the rest of the surviving pups. They lost 4 out of the ten. Mom had a hard time after wards and didn't want anything to do with the pups the first few days. Our breeder was putting pups on teats every two hours around the clock until Mom took over after a few days. I emailed every other day that first week and she got back to me when she could.

I will keep you all in my thoughts, and look forward to updates of your pup
She's going to have a lot of great Xmas gifts for her when she comes home! I bet you are so excited! I cannot wait to hear what it's like when you first bring her home.

Unfortunately I haven't heard anything today but received a few pictures last night. I really want to know how they are all doing but don't want to be annoying to the breeder as I'm sure she has her hands full, but I hate not knowing. How did they lose the 4 puppies? That's so sad!! I've heard that especially if its the moms first litter and she has a c-section it sometimes can be harder for her to attach to the puppies, I'm wondering if that's what happened with those 4 puppies? Since I've heard this it makes me more nervous and wish I could just hear how it's all going. I'm really hoping to hear from her tomorrow, and if I don't I guess I'll plan on giving her a call on Friday.

I'm really looking forward to hearing your updates and can't wait to see more pictures! I'm sure this next week will really fly by with the holidays!


Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
SMBC is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to SMBC For This Useful Post:
Mayve (12-20-2012)
post #24 of 59 (permalink) Old 12-20-2012, 06:12 AM
aka Shelby
 
MillionsofPeaches's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,360
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Thanks: 1,535
Thanked 1,714 Times in 850 Posts
First off I LOVE her name so much! Second she is too cute with that black mouth! Love her and can't wait till she comes home!

Proofers got his steak for a job well done!
MillionsofPeaches is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to MillionsofPeaches For This Useful Post:
Mayve (12-20-2012)
post #25 of 59 (permalink) Old 12-20-2012, 08:09 AM
Super Moderator

 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: NC Coast
Posts: 32,553
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Thanks: 37,192
Thanked 27,450 Times in 16,018 Posts
Sage is adorable, hope the time passes quickly for you.
CAROLINA MOM is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to CAROLINA MOM For This Useful Post:
Mayve (12-20-2012)
post #26 of 59 (permalink) Old 12-20-2012, 02:50 PM Thread Starter
Love walks on four paws
 
Mayve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 2,946
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Images: 1
Thanks: 4,113
Thanked 3,730 Times in 1,855 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMBC View Post
She's going to have a lot of great Xmas gifts for her when she comes home! I bet you are so excited! I cannot wait to hear what it's like when you first bring her home.

Unfortunately I haven't heard anything today but received a few pictures last night. I really want to know how they are all doing but don't want to be annoying to the breeder as I'm sure she has her hands full, but I hate not knowing. How did they lose the 4 puppies? That's so sad!! I've heard that especially if its the moms first litter and she has a c-section it sometimes can be harder for her to attach to the puppies, I'm wondering if that's what happened with those 4 puppies? Since I've heard this it makes me more nervous and wish I could just hear how it's all going. I'm really hoping to hear from her tomorrow, and if I don't I guess I'll plan on giving her a call on Friday.

I'm really looking forward to hearing your updates and can't wait to see more pictures! I'm sure this next week will really fly by with the holidays!


Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App

I emailed my breeder and asked her, but told her I knew she was busy and to just get back to me when she could. She got back to me the same day! I don't think your breeder would mind if you sent an email and let her know you were thinking of her, mom and the pups and ask her for an update when she gets time....

Mia had a hard labor and while we aren't 100% positive what happened for sure. Mia wanted nothing to do with them the first few days, and while the breeder was putting them on every two hours etc they just didn't make it. could have been they got to much anethesia, I just don't know for sure. Luckily the rest of the puppies are happy and healthy. Sometimes there isn't an answer either. and yes it's sad, we are just grateful she didn't loose the bitch or the whole litter. This was Mia's second litter and she free whelped and did fine with the first. She had a check up with a repro vet prior to being bred, everything checked out...I think she may breed her again, but she hasn't made up her mind if it's worth the risk, or if this was a fluke.

I am hoping you get an update soon, and please don't be nervous because of our experience. We will keep your pups in out thoughts and if you haven't please share the pics...
Mayve is offline  
post #27 of 59 (permalink) Old 12-20-2012, 03:05 PM
Advanced Member
 
SMBC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Northern California
Posts: 781
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 1,182
Thanked 630 Times in 339 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayve View Post
I emailed my breeder and asked her, but told her I knew she was busy and to just get back to me when she could. She got back to me the same day! I don't think your breeder would mind if you sent an email and let her know you were thinking of her, mom and the pups and ask her for an update when she gets time....

Mia had a hard labor and while we aren't 100% positive what happened for sure. Mia wanted nothing to do with them the first few days, and while the breeder was putting them on every two hours etc they just didn't make it. could have been they got to much anethesia, I just don't know for sure. Luckily the rest of the puppies are happy and healthy. Sometimes there isn't an answer either. and yes it's sad, we are just grateful she didn't loose the bitch or the whole litter. This was Mia's second litter and she free whelped and did fine with the first. She had a check up with a repro vet prior to being bred, everything checked out...I think she may breed her again, but she hasn't made up her mind if it's worth the risk, or if this was a fluke.

I am hoping you get an update soon, and please don't be nervous because of our experience. We will keep your pups in out thoughts and if you haven't please share the pics...
I actually just got two emails full of pictures in the last hour! Phew, it's so nice to know they are doing well! I've really been checking my email obsessively since their birth..hopefully I'll calm down soon I also promised myself that I would only contact her every 3rd day if I haven't heard from her...but, I'm known to not have great will power when I'm impatient! The breeder doesn't really put in any content into the email, just pictures, but in the subject line she did say everyone is thriving and that the mom is doing a great job. So, I'm feeling so much better! I got pictures of them all nursing, as well as mama cleaning them. I love seeing their little butts and big bellies! I would love to post pictures but I'm not sure how the breeder would feel about it, I feel like those pics belong to her but I can ask her eventually.

That is really very sad about what happened to the pups in your litter, and it doesn't sound like you were able to pinpoint exactly what happened. I'm also really glad that the mom was okay and that a few of the puppies did survive. It's such a scary process, and it seems even more scary if there is a c-section involved as it is a major surgery. I know for me it's especially hard since I'm not seeing what's going on and not in control of it either, and it's out of my hands, and you're placing your trust in these wonderful breeders who end up always doing a fabulous job! But still scary...

How are you doing with the waiting? Do you have anything left to buy? How long is the drive to go and get her? Can't wait to see more pictures of her! Thanks for your well-wishes and for checking in!
SMBC is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to SMBC For This Useful Post:
Mayve (12-20-2012)
post #28 of 59 (permalink) Old 12-20-2012, 03:07 PM Thread Starter
Love walks on four paws
 
Mayve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 2,946
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Images: 1
Thanks: 4,113
Thanked 3,730 Times in 1,855 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MillionsofPeaches View Post
First off I LOVE her name so much! Second she is too cute with that black mouth! Love her and can't wait till she comes home!

Thanks, we went through a ton of names and really think we found the right one.

She has gorgeous puppy fluff right now and pretty dark eyes and yep a black mouth. She is just so sweet and cuddly right now, but I'm sure the real Sage will show herself when we get her home.
Mayve is offline  
post #29 of 59 (permalink) Old 12-20-2012, 03:26 PM Thread Starter
Love walks on four paws
 
Mayve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 2,946
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Images: 1
Thanks: 4,113
Thanked 3,730 Times in 1,855 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMBC View Post
I actually just got two emails full of pictures in the last hour! Phew, it's so nice to know they are doing well! I've really been checking my email obsessively since their birth..hopefully I'll calm down soon I also promised myself that I would only contact her every 3rd day if I haven't heard from her...but, I'm known to not have great will power when I'm impatient! The breeder doesn't really put in any content into the email, just pictures, but in the subject line she did say everyone is thriving and that the mom is doing a great job. So, I'm feeling so much better! I got pictures of them all nursing, as well as mama cleaning them. I love seeing their little butts and big bellies! I would love to post pictures but I'm not sure how the breeder would feel about it, I feel like those pics belong to her but I can ask her eventually.

That is really very sad about what happened to the pups in your litter, and it doesn't sound like you were able to pinpoint exactly what happened. I'm also really glad that the mom was okay and that a few of the puppies did survive. It's such a scary process, and it seems even more scary if there is a c-section involved as it is a major surgery. I know for me it's especially hard since I'm not seeing what's going on and not in control of it either, and it's out of my hands, and you're placing your trust in these wonderful breeders who end up always doing a fabulous job! But still scary...

How are you doing with the waiting? Do you have anything left to buy? How long is the drive to go and get her? Can't wait to see more pictures of her! Thanks for your well-wishes and for checking in!

The waiting is hard, but I know she is in good hands and really needs this last week with her litter mates. Besides, I really don't want to deal with a puppy at Christmas! We plan on taking the tree down the day after Christmas and putting out the xpen and crate.

I still have to pick up nature's miracle and bitter apple spray. We plan to do that at tractor supply on the way home from picking her up. I will carry her with us and that way she can see a few ppl.

My breeder is abt 20 minutes away...not far at all. That is one of the reasons we went with her, along with she does all her clearances etc. She had a litter on the ground the first time we visited and we got to meet her dogs, her puppies and she spent three hours with us just answering questions asking questions and talking about breedings etc. She also had an excellent guarantee (30 months) against hips, elbow, eyes, thyroid and heart. She does not demand my puppy back if there's a problem, she just gives you a replacement puppy if you follow through with the clearances with the proper accredited professionals. Which is important to me as, I already love Sage, I can't imagine giving her back for any reason. The breeder is easy to talk with, approachable and caring. She is a performance breeder not conformation, she knew I want to do therapy and made sure we got a pup from a litter that will produce for this. She really is awesome IMO. I don't hunt, but my son does and he may use her if she likes to hunt as well...we shall see!
Mayve is offline  
post #30 of 59 (permalink) Old 12-20-2012, 08:09 PM
now Mom to Kiwi
 
Maddie's_Mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Posts: 2,663
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 1,278
Thanked 1,204 Times in 883 Posts
What a cute pup!

Kiwi - Tahnee's Just Go With It
Maddie's_Mom is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Maddie's_Mom For This Useful Post:
Mayve (12-21-2012)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Golden Retrievers : Golden Retriever Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome