Long time since I've posted, so here I am again!
My puppy Kobe is now almost 10 months old, in the dreaded teenage phase.. Needless to say, it's been a nightmare to handle his stubbornness and I need some help and advice on how to make life easier for both of us and not drive me crazy. Some of the main issues:
- picks up shoes, socks, whatever else he can get his mouth on and runs from us like we are playing a chase game. He managed to destroy my duvet cover the other night while I was distracted.
- If I catch him doing something he's not supposed to do, he bites pretty hard. He's never gotten blood, but scars yes. He snaps and does whatever he can to try to bite me and avoid that I take the stuff away from him.
- Now when we are walking, he likes to jump and bite the leash and wants to play tug. I ignore him and sometimes it works, sometimes doesn't.
- HUMPING on ME only! Don't know why, I think he wants my attention. I try to ignore, but his dewclaws hurt my legs so much I have bruises on them. I can't just pretend he's not doing anything.
- Chewing, and more chewing. My couch has too many wholes in it, nothing resists, no toys are strong enough for him. I know the chewing is sometimes out of boredom, but not even the strongest Kong toys resist
My husband has prohibited me from spending another dime on toys, his new toys are bones.
- I'm trying to get him out of the crate to sleep. He's outgrowing it, he's not even 10 months and 80 lbs already. I feel bad, but he's too hyper and just wants to bite my sheets and bedding.
Any suggestions on the above issues? I pretty much try to ignore his requests for attention and I try not to make the chasing thing a game. Timeouts are sometimes effective, but don't help a lot. I have to tie him up sometimes as that's the only way he will be quiet and not bite.
I exercise him a lot and think that's still not enough. I work from home, so at least I'm around him all day, but can't play all day.
I have been looking at another set of classes (he's been to 2 puppy classes already) but with the holidays and all, it may be tough conciliating schedules and vacation, so we are going to wait after the Holidays to start.
Sorry for such a long post, it's what happens when you spend 4 months without posting and things accumulate
Any advice and help is appreciated, I love my puppy to death but I'm going nuts!!!