Tracer, Rumor & Cady
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Brewer, Maine
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Thanked 2,805 Times in 1,418 Posts
I dare say most dogs don't chew their food in the way that humans do...they rip/tear, gulp and swallow. It would not serve them well, if they were competing with others for food, to stop and chew each mouthful...
Looking at their teeth, most are pointed for ripping and tearing.,..very few have any flat surface to speak of. Even those back molars have a raised edge for grinding bones/tendons..
You can slow a dog down...by scattering food on a cookie sheet..using food puzzles putting a large rock in their dish or using a muffin tin...
Mary and the Goldens from Maine "Trace"
- Can. CH Bramley's Light Up The Night, CD, RA - (CGC, CCA, TDI-Therapy Dog and Novice DockDock) "Rumor"
- Jackson's Leap of Faith, RN "Cadence"
- Poeticgold's Of Soldiers and Song
Waiting at the Bridge "Lexi"
- Wise Teacher and Best-est Puppy Raiser "Liberty"
- Bramley's Golden Moments Libby CD, RE - ASCA-CD, Can. CD - (CGC and TDI-Therapy Dog)