Petcurean Now Fresh dog food? - Page 2 - Golden Retrievers : Golden Retriever Dog Forums

GoldenRetrieverForum.com is the premier Golden Retriever Dog Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 12-01-2012, 07:58 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: NY
Posts: 464
Thanks: 7
Thanked 67 Times in 60 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by puppydogs View Post
How are the foods processed? I thought I read something about extrusion...
They are extruded just like everything Elmira makes. Petcurean is very good at marketing and the food is ok but its not worth three times the price of other decent foods.

Petcurean's food is made by Elmira Pet Products the same way as a dozen other foods made there.

You can buy virtually the same food called Nutram for a lot less money.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 12-01-2012, 10:39 AM
Sweet Girl's Avatar
Supreme Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 6,339
Thanks: 5,601
Thanked 6,084 Times in 2,728 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WasChampionFan View Post
They are extruded just like everything Elmira makes. Petcurean is very good at marketing and the food is ok but its not worth three times the price of other decent foods.

Petcurean's food is made by Elmira Pet Products the same way as a dozen other foods made there.

You can buy virtually the same food called Nutram for a lot less money.
That seems to be your standard line for any food that you don't like. It's white noise. I've actually never seen any marketing by most of the dog foods you slam here. I've certainly never seen any ads for Petcurean. I had never even heard of it until I went to my pet food store.

And any food is worth the money if your dog does well on it.

By the way, not every dog needs super high protein. The reason I switched the Now Fresh is because the protein is low. My dog's urea levels were too high - lowering her protein was the recommendation.
__________________
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 12-01-2012, 11:11 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: NY
Posts: 464
Thanks: 7
Thanked 67 Times in 60 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Girl View Post
That seems to be your standard line for any food that you don't like. It's white noise. I've actually never seen any marketing by most of the dog foods you slam here. I've certainly never seen any ads for Petcurean. I had never even heard of it until I went to my pet food store.

And any food is worth the money if your dog does well on it.

By the way, not every dog needs super high protein. The reason I switched the Now Fresh is because the protein is low. My dog's urea levels were too high - lowering her protein was the recommendation.
I realize that not every dog needs super high protein but there are foods just as good for 1/3rd the cost.

If you don't think this is silly marketing just go to the companies website. Pure nonsense.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 12-01-2012, 08:50 PM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: canada
Posts: 1,131
Thanks: 696
Thanked 758 Times in 482 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Girl View Post
I'm feeding it to my girl right now. I had never heard of it til about 8 weeks ago. I needed to switch my dog to a lower protein food - and had decided, after much research, on Fromm. When I got to the store, and started talking to the girl there, she asked if I knew of Petcurean. It's Canadian, which I liked - and the ingredients list is pretty amazing. When I compared the two, I finally went with Now Fresh because the protein was lower than Fromm. It is really expensive, but it seemed like the right food. My dog transitioned to it fine - her poos are a bit bigger, but otherwise, she is doing as well on it as she was on Acana. I like the smaller pieces of kibble for her. Chewing big crunchy things is getting a little tougher to do with her 12 year old teeth.
Which version are you feeding?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 12-02-2012, 10:12 AM
Sweet Girl's Avatar
Supreme Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 6,339
Thanks: 5,601
Thanked 6,084 Times in 2,728 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millie'sMom View Post
Which version are you feeding?
I feed her the Now Fresh Senior formula. It's grain-free, which I'm not wild about. But the protein is very low (my girl needs that), it's a good ingredient list, and the fibre is high, which is good for a senior dog.
__________________
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 12-02-2012, 09:19 PM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: canada
Posts: 1,131
Thanks: 696
Thanked 758 Times in 482 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Girl View Post
I feed her the Now Fresh Senior formula. It's grain-free, which I'm not wild about. But the protein is very low (my girl needs that), it's a good ingredient list, and the fibre is high, which is good for a senior dog.
Do you mind if I ask how much you pay for it?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #17 (permalink)  
Old 12-03-2012, 05:58 PM
Sweet Girl's Avatar
Supreme Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 6,339
Thanks: 5,601
Thanked 6,084 Times in 2,728 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millie'sMom View Post
Do you mind if I ask how much you pay for it?
$87 for a large bag, taxes in.
__________________
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:12 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.5.2
Golden Retriever Forum .com
PetGuide.com
Basset.net DobermanTalk.com GoldenRetrieverForum.com OurBeagleWorld.com
BoxerForums.com DogForums.com GoPitbull.com PoodleForum.com
BulldogBreeds.com FishForums.com HavaneseForum.com SpoiledMaltese.com
CatForum.com GermanShepherds.com Labradoodle-dogs.net YorkieForum.com
Chihuahua-People.com RetrieverBreeds.com

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64