Ranger has dry skin and it gets really bad in the fall/winter. His coat is usually pretty glossy unless I falter from his 'skin and coat care' regimen.
Year round he gets:
- Mackerel or herring fish 2-3 times a week (he's raw fed).
- 1-2 fish oil pills/day
- Raw eggs - shell included - 1-2 times a week.
- 1 can of duck+fish tripe/week.
and a bath once per week in the summer with high quality shampoo and conditioner.
In the winter:
- 2-4 raw eggs a week.
- 2-3 fish pills a day.
- Mackerel or herring 4 times a week (added as snacks).
- Sardines once a week.
- 1 tsp of extra-virgin, cold-pressed coconut oil.
I also brush him with a rake and pin brush, making sure to get it all the way to his skin.
"I just wanna laugh and love...I just wanna live it up!"
I am always told how beautiful BaWaaJige 's coat is I feed Native and he gets combed 3-4x a week. I do not bathe my dogs unless they roll in something horrible smelling. Before therapy visits I use a dry shampoo on his coat.