Foxfire Goldens in Petaluma? - Golden Retrievers : Golden Retriever Dog Forums

GoldenRetrieverForum.com is the premier Golden Retriever Dog Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 10-24-2010, 04:27 PM
New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Northern California
Posts: 32
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Question Foxfire Goldens in Petaluma?

This breeder appears to be great and meets all the "things to look for" but I'd love to hear some first hand testimonial- both good and bad if neccesary. I live in Northern California. If you have another breeder to recommend based on your own experience I am happy to hear it.

Thank you in advance!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 10-24-2010, 08:24 PM
BeauShel's Avatar
Elite Member

 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Jacksonville Fl
Posts: 43,251
Images: 232
Thanks: 91
Thanked 1,064 Times in 686 Posts
Here is a thread about the Foxfire breeder
http://www.goldenretrieverforum.com/...could-one.html (Could this be the one??)
__________________
I am Carol
Mom to Bama, Daisy, Pawley & Shelby
Beau 4/23/96 to 8/20/09
Furever in my heart
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 10-24-2010, 09:15 PM
New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Northern California
Posts: 32
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thank you so much for the information. Looks like I still have research to do :-)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 12-31-2011, 03:37 PM
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: CA
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Foxfire

Hi there,

I have a Golden from Foxfire and am currently waiting on my second. I have nothing but amazing things to say about this breeder. The dogs are beautiful and have amazing temperment. We have been stopped in our tracks countless times with folks asking us where we got him. He really is the light of our life. Linda is amazing at Foxfire and they have such wonderful dogs. I highly recommend them if you have not found another breeder that is a fit for you!

Best of luck.



Quote:
Originally Posted by longfellow View Post
This breeder appears to be great and meets all the "things to look for" but I'd love to hear some first hand testimonial- both good and bad if neccesary. I live in Northern California. If you have another breeder to recommend based on your own experience I am happy to hear it.

Thank you in advance!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 01-01-2012, 10:07 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 138
Thanks: 121
Thanked 71 Times in 41 Posts
This is Cody, from the October litter of Honey and Jett. Picture was taken at 8 and half weeks. He is now 11 weeks and has learned to "sit" and go outside for his business.
Linda has been a wonderful person to deal with. Helped me along the process. Some people here do not like the cost she charges and the 72 hours return policy. BUT really, all the reputable breeders in the area have similar policies.

[Edit: thankfully, I did not listen to the couple of nasty hearsays written in that thread]
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0216.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	710.2 KB
ID:	107559  

Last edited by Visitador; 01-01-2012 at 10:09 AM. Reason: added info
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 01-01-2012, 02:27 PM
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 10
Thanks: 3
Thanked 21 Times in 2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visitador View Post
This is Cody, from the October litter of Honey and Jett. Picture was taken at 8 and half weeks. He is now 11 weeks and has learned to "sit" and go outside for his business.
Linda has been a wonderful person to deal with. Helped me along the process. Some people here do not like the cost she charges and the 72 hours return policy. BUT really, all the reputable breeders in the area have similar policies.

[Edit: thankfully, I did not listen to the couple of nasty hearsays written in that thread]
Great timing! I've just begun a conversation with Linda and Jennifer Masterson (Masters Golden Retrievers) who appear to cooperate in their breeding efforts. I'll be meeting Jennifer at the Golden Gate Kennel Show at the end of January as I launch into the process of finding the right breeder and litter.

So far, Linda and Jennifer are at the top of the list.

If anyone else has experience with Linda or Jennifer, I'd appreciate reading about it!

For that matter, if anyone has recommendations for Northern California breeders, please let me know. I've already been to NorCalGRC; I found their breeder referrals to be of limited value.

I'm looking for an American male companion dog. I'd love a red, but they seem somewhat rare around NorCal so far.

The attached picture is my dream Golden...

Thanks,
Ken McPherson
Attached Images
 
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 01-01-2012, 02:53 PM
nixietink's Avatar
Professional Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Bay area, CA
Posts: 3,950
Thanks: 148
Thanked 214 Times in 128 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbeach View Post
Great timing! I've just begun a conversation with Linda and Jennifer Masterson (Masters Golden Retrievers) who appear to cooperate in their breeding efforts. I'll be meeting Jennifer at the Golden Gate Kennel Show at the end of January as I launch into the process of finding the right breeder and litter.

So far, Linda and Jennifer are at the top of the list.

If anyone else has experience with Linda or Jennifer, I'd appreciate reading about it!

For that matter, if anyone has recommendations for Northern California breeders, please let me know. I've already been to NorCalGRC; I found their breeder referrals to be of limited value.

I'm looking for an American male companion dog. I'd love a red, but they seem somewhat rare around NorCal so far.

The attached picture is my dream Golden...

Thanks,
Ken McPherson
Hi Ken,

Are you looking for an active companion? I would highly recommend Emberain. I have had a few conversations with Edwina, and she is incredibly nice and knowledgeable. However, these are WORKING dogs with a lot of energy.

Emberain Golden Retrievers
__________________
"There are many things in life that will catch your eye, but only a few that will catch your heart...pursue those."
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nixietink For This Useful Post:
hbeach (01-01-2012)
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 01-01-2012, 03:42 PM
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 10
Thanks: 3
Thanked 21 Times in 2 Posts
Thanks so much Nixietink. What great dogs. I will be contacting Edwina.

Actually, I think I am up for an active Golden, but that's one of the reasons I'm going to the show at the Cow Palace. I want to get a first hand sense of the energy coming from the working dogs. My Brittany (who passed away recently at age 16) was a very active dog.

I'm in San Francisco, but I have a fully enclosed backyard with a long breezeway that acts as a dog run. I live 2 blocks away from a 2 1/2 acre dog park with field. I'm in the habit of twice a day outings to the park. In addition, my roommate has an 11 month old Bernese Mountain Dog, so that kind of exercise is built into the equation.

But will that be enough for an active Golden? And how do working dogs do as companion dogs?

Thanks again for sharing your experience!

Ken McPherson
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 01-01-2012, 04:09 PM
kwhit's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 3,509
Images: 51
Thanks: 2,177
Thanked 3,016 Times in 1,434 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbeach View Post
Actually, I think I am up for an active Golden, but that's one of the reasons I'm going to the show at the Cow Palace. I want to get a first hand sense of the energy coming from the working dogs. My Brittany (who passed away recently at age 16) was a very active dog.
I'm very sorry for the loss of your Brittany.

I don't think you'll have any trouble being up for a Golden if you've had a Brittany. From the ones I've met, IMO they're way more active than a Golden. I'm sure there are exceptions but I think you'll be fine.

The Cow Palace show is really fun since it's benched. You'll be able to talk to different breeders in a designated area and time. The only thing is that it's so crowded that I haven't been in a few years, but I'll probably go this year.
__________________
Karen, Chance, Lucy and Savanah RB






Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 01-01-2012, 04:19 PM
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 10
Thanks: 3
Thanked 21 Times in 2 Posts
Yeah, it's hard to imagine a more active dog than Piper was; one reason I named her Piper was that it rhymed with hyper...

Anyone have strong feelings about how working dogs do as companion dogs?

Thanks,
Ken
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:49 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.5.2
Golden Retriever Forum .com
PetGuide.com
Basset.net DobermanTalk.com GoldenRetrieverForum.com OurBeagleWorld.com
BoxerForums.com DogForums.com GoPitbull.com PoodleForum.com
BulldogBreeds.com FishForums.com HavaneseForum.com SpoiledMaltese.com
CatForum.com GermanShepherds.com Labradoodle-dogs.net YorkieForum.com
Chihuahua-People.com RetrieverBreeds.com

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65