Ripley Goldens? - Golden Retrievers : Golden Retriever Dog Forums

GoldenRetrieverForum.com is the premier Golden Retriever Dog Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 01-08-2008, 08:38 PM
mamamia's Avatar
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 43
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Ripley Goldens?

Does anyone know anything about Ripley Goldens in Preston, CT? Thanks!
http://www.ripleygoldens.com/About%20Us.htm
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 01-08-2008, 09:02 PM
GoldenJoyx'stwo's Avatar
Preeminent Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 22,572
Images: 1
Thanks: 7
Thanked 69 Times in 35 Posts
I think a few of their dogs are related to my Tucker.
__________________

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 01-08-2008, 09:46 PM
Ripley Goldens's Avatar
Rocket's Mom
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 55
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hello,

We think it is great that you are doing your research and homework when it comes to finding a breeder for your next family companion. We would be happy to answer any questions that you may have about us and our breeding program. First and foremorest, I would encourage you to visit www.grca.org and do some reading there. There is a puppy buyer questionaire and lots of other fantastic resources.

In a nutshell, I (Frances) hold a board-appointed position on the Public Education Committee of the Golden Retriever Club of America. So, we are very involved and in touch with current issues regarding the health and betterment of our breed. We are active comformation enthusiasts regularly traveling all over the country (and world) exhibiting our dogs to validate our breeding program.

We have been doing this for close to 8 years and got our start in obedience and then made the quick jump to conformation. Steven still retains his roots in obedience and teaches classes on a fairly regular basis...both group and individual.

My husband is an avid sportman and also handles professionally for several clients. He has the distinguished honor of presenting two Goldens at Westminster this year and was recently contacted by the owner of a top 10 dog to inquire about his services.

Well...I guess I have rambled enough. Please don't hesitate to contact us at any time for more information and I wish you the best of luck in your search for a puppy!

With kindest regards,
Frances Brentson
Ripley Goldens
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 01-08-2008, 09:50 PM
Expert Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Maryland
Posts: 9,373
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Nothing like getting the answer right from the horse's (figuratively) mouth.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 01-08-2008, 11:52 PM
GoldenJoyx'stwo's Avatar
Preeminent Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 22,572
Images: 1
Thanks: 7
Thanked 69 Times in 35 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vrocco1 View Post
Nothing like getting the answer right from the horse's (figuratively) mouth.
I think that is cool!
__________________

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 01-09-2008, 10:10 AM
mamamia's Avatar
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 43
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripley Goldens View Post
Hello,

We think it is great that you are doing your research and homework when it comes to finding a breeder for your next family companion. We would be happy to answer any questions that you may have about us and our breeding program. First and foremorest, I would encourage you to visit www.grca.org and do some reading there. There is a puppy buyer questionaire and lots of other fantastic resources.

In a nutshell, I (Frances) hold a board-appointed position on the Public Education Committee of the Golden Retriever Club of America. So, we are very involved and in touch with current issues regarding the health and betterment of our breed. We are active comformation enthusiasts regularly traveling all over the country (and world) exhibiting our dogs to validate our breeding program.

We have been doing this for close to 8 years and got our start in obedience and then made the quick jump to conformation. Steven still retains his roots in obedience and teaches classes on a fairly regular basis...both group and individual.

My husband is an avid sportman and also handles professionally for several clients. He has the distinguished honor of presenting two Goldens at Westminster this year and was recently contacted by the owner of a top 10 dog to inquire about his services.

Well...I guess I have rambled enough. Please don't hesitate to contact us at any time for more information and I wish you the best of luck in your search for a puppy!

With kindest regards,
Frances Brentson
Ripley Goldens
Thank you, Frances, for your kind reply. I will be contacting you regarding the puppies you are expecting this spring.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 01-09-2008, 03:06 PM
...
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 16,001
Images: 29
Thanks: 830
Thanked 2,444 Times in 937 Posts
Welcome to the GRF. What does your GRCA PEC position entail?
__________________
Hahaha
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 01-09-2008, 03:16 PM
AndyFarmer's Avatar
<---- Andy Farmer!
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: (314)
Posts: 5,885
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Impecable timing on that response from Frances.
Anyway, welcome to the forum and good luck with your puppy search!
__________________
Libby, Beamer and Hudson's Mom


Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 01-09-2008, 03:37 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: South central Michigan
Posts: 1,869
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Wow, isn't the internet an amazing place. Two new members lurking with an hour of each other!! That is too cool.

I thought I heard something about Gold Rush dogs and a heavy occurance cancer, but I may be mistaken. Others here follow these things more than me.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 01-09-2008, 07:03 PM
Ripley Goldens's Avatar
Rocket's Mom
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 55
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penny'smom View Post
Wow, isn't the internet an amazing place. Two new members lurking with an hour of each other!! That is too cool.

I thought I heard something about Gold Rush dogs and a heavy occurance cancer, but I may be mistaken. Others here follow these things more than me.
Although there has long been an association with Gold-Rush and cancer, I have yet to face that awful, awful condition that plagues our breed. Furthermore, Ann Johnson has been doing a fantastic job of diversifying her gene pool and trying to wipe out that long-standing association that exists.

I would encourage anyone to look at the pedigrees of our dogs on K9 data and the COIs of breedings we are planning. You will see that we are not only trying to control for the characteristics we want but also to diversify the gene pool in our own breeding program. Our breedings of Ruby and Casanova (with 2 puppies with majors from the 6-9 class and a Best in Show puppy) and Button and Nate are perfect examples of this.

I would also like to add that cancer runs in lots of lines but it is not very well publicized...and only those with close relationships with breeders even know what their dogs are dying of.

Many years ago, there was what I would term a "witch hunt" out for Ann's blood and many stories that have become urban legend as well. I know I may be opening a whole can of worms here, but Ann is commited to the betterment of our breed as evidenced by her bringing in pups from all over to diversity her gene pool while retaining all the good qualities of Gold-Rush dogs. So, check out the pedigrees of our girls, you wil see the diversity and that Gold-Rush is just sprinkled in...again evidence of Ann's diversification. Sadly, cancer is something we can not control entirely for nor predict. All we can do is make every effort to diversify the gene pool and provide our dogs with the best care possible. I could go on and on about the high incidence of cancer (talking to someone almost done with an MS in biochemisty...so a firm grasp on the science) and why their is this association with certain kennels, but let's not recover very old ground. Suffice it to say, we spend endless hours researching our breeding stock, potential sires, and have litters planned out well in advance each with a goal in mind. I would not hesitate to use one of Ann's boys (and have) if he properly complements one of our girls and possesses the qualities we are looking for. I also wouldn't hesitate to buy a puppy from her (and have on numerous occassions) as a show prospect, again provided the puppy has what we are looking for. We have been fortunate to have a great relationship with her, fantastic results with our breeding choices, and the honor of presenting her dog this year at Westminster! So, I guess I will leave it at that.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:09 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.5.2
Golden Retriever Forum .com
PetGuide.com
Basset Hound Forum Doberman Forum Golden Retriever Forum Beagle Forum
Boxer Forum Dog Forum Pit Bull Forum Poodle Forum
Bulldog Forum Fish Forum Havanese Forum Maltese Forum
Cat Forum German Shepherd Forum Labradoodle Forum Yorkie Forum Hedgehog Forum
Chihuahua Forum Retriever Breeds Cichlid Forum Dart Frog Forum Mice Breeder Forum

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69